• in a recent game i tried the 2 minor industrial complexes for Shantung and Kiangsu which seemed to really work well for me. It allowed me to have lots of infantry and artillery in China along with some airpower. I have China completly knocked out of the game and Japan making $65. Seems like a good purchase and now im thinking of pushing into Russia through Sikang. What do you guys think?

• If you can manage to pull it off it is great having an IC (or two) on the mainland.

What this says to me though is USA isn’t spending much in the Pacific if you are able to concentrate on the Asian continent?  If you aren’t at risk of losing Japan it can certainly be a strategy to lean on Russia until it is under Axis control and hold out for the Europe win.

• '12

@elzario:

If you can manage to pull it off it is great having an IC (or two) on the mainland.

What this says to me though is USA isn’t spending much in the Pacific if you are able to concentrate on the Asian continent?  If you aren’t at risk of losing Japan it can certainly be a strategy to lean on Russia until it is under Axis control and hold out for the Europe win.

That’s one reason why I think a transport shuck from Japan is better than the factories.  The USA always has to be watching out for a sudden play for Alaska or Hawaii.  The factories also limit you somewhat to fighting in Asia, while the transports allow you to hit Asia or redirect to AU/USA if the chance comes.

• In our game the US is spending everything in the Pacific but hasn’t  moved from the sea zone off Hawaii due to my positioning of ships and planes in the Carolines and sea zone 6. Most of my airpower is in the Carolines along with 3 carriers fully equipped with fighters and various other ships and i have ships poised off the Philippines ready to counterattack.

• '12

@corporal:

In our game the US is spending everything in the Pacific but hasn’t  moved from the sea zone off Hawaii due to my positioning of ships and planes in the Carolines and sea zone 6. Most of my airpower is in the Carolines along with 3 carriers fully equipped with fighters and various other ships and i have ships poised off the Philippines ready to counterattack.

Sounds like you’re on top of it.  The only real mistake Japan can make is to let the USA get ahead on ships & air power, and if you are careful to prevent the USA from being able to come out ahead in any naval battles, it takes far too much Pacific spending for the US to catch up.  And this is in the Global variant- if you’re playing Pacific only, the US has even less income.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@corporal:

In our game the US is spending everything in the Pacific but hasn’t  moved from the sea zone off Hawaii due to my positioning of ships and planes in the Carolines and sea zone 6. Most of my airpower is in the Carolines along with 3 carriers fully equipped with fighters and various other ships and i have ships poised off the Philippines ready to counterattack.

So why arn’t you smashing the US fleet in Hawaii then? And taking the island while you’re at it?

• '17

In most of my games the main US and Japanese fleets don’t end up fighting until the game has already been won and lost.

I have never tried a 2 mIC J1 Buy before, but it sounds interesting. I usually just push China to the corner then ignore it for awhile so I can achieve other goals (DEI/Calcutta), but annihilating China earlier could be a nice change of pace (and could allow some mechs to snipe at Caucasus or VOL if Russia is sloppy).

• '18 '17 '16 '12

The two factory buy is particularly effective if you are doing a G1 or G2 attack coupled with a J4

• to answer why im not attacking the US fleet off Hawaii……just too much risk at this point and have more die points in range of the Carolines…im waithing for him to move away from Hawaii where id have more die points and more ships in range…besides its the start of T-4 and i have China completely out of the game and gonna start harrassing the USSR. If he moves to the Carolines i will strike and if i win that battle convincingly the war could be over.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m