Hasbro/WotC Priorites (Not 1914)

• @Old:

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

The sad part is that a lot of people have wanted a WWI game for so long, that many of us will buy it no matter what.

I resemble this remark.

Me too.  :-D

• NO THEY CANT GET RID OF THE BOOT!
    I wont use these new pieces. 'Nuff said.

• The piece they cut will probably be going for $500.00 on E-Bay by March LOL

• @WILD:

The piece they cut will probably be going for $500.00 on E-Bay by March LOL

“Old Monopoly shoe relic of the past”
    You can buy it for $500.00, with $50 shipping.

• As much as I enjoy Axis and Allies, I’m sure monopoly out sells it by probally 50 to 1 each month.

Monopoly is a classic game that will be around forever, in the grand scheme of things a new piece isn’t that big of a deal to the game but everyone knows of monolopy so it is news worthy in the “hey isn’t this interesting” sort of way.

Introducing a new Axis and Allies game isn’t even a blip on the screen for most people.

Also it’s not that fair because Monopoly is Hasbro.
    A&A is WoTC and if you didn’t already know WoTC only cares about Magic and DnD.

• @americancyco:

As much as I enjoy Axis and Allies, I’m sure monopoly out sells it by probally 50 to 1 each month.

Monopoly is a classic game that will be around forever, in the grand scheme of things a new piece isn’t that big of a deal to the game but everyone knows of monolopy so it is news worthy in the “hey isn’t this interesting” sort of way.

Introducing a new Axis and Allies game isn’t even a blip on the screen for most people.

Also it’s not that fair because Monopoly is Hasbro.
    A&A is WoTC and if you didn’t already know WoTC only cares about Magic and DnD.

WotC cares about D&D?

• Customizer

Man, those new pieces are horrible. The only one I like even a little is the cat, but I still wouldn’t replace any of the original tokens with it.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

@WILD:

The piece they cut will probably be going for $500.00 on E-Bay by March LOL

That’s hilarious :-D :-D  No kidding.

Looks like they are dumping the iron and adding a cat, get that iron up on eBay!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WTF do they want a cat for?

This is just to spark interest.  FFS, they could just INCLUDE the cat as an extra piece, for the .003 cents it costs per Iron.

Indeed!

• WOTC has got to be selling a lot of these AA games. I live in O’fallon MO and 2 walmarts have got 1941 on the shelves. One of them only had 1 left. So I have to believe they are making some bank on these games. I do realize they aren’t for everyone but still there is a market for them. Not to mention the fact that they did a second edition for 2 of them. If it was a losing proposition they wouldn’t be making them. I just lament the fact that the quality has gone down so much with these games. The fact that the community continues to produce side products to supplement these games is what puts the finishing touches on them that WOTC are missing.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@GoSanchez6:

WOTC has got to be selling a lot of these AA games. I live in O’fallon MO and 2 walmarts have got 1941 on the shelves. One of them only had 1 left. So I have to believe they are making some bank on these games. I do realize they aren’t for everyone but still there is a market for them. Not to mention the fact that they did a second edition for 2 of them. If it was a losing proposition they wouldn’t be making them. I just lament the fact that the quality has gone down so much with these games. The fact that the community continues to produce side products to supplement these games is what puts the finishing touches on them that WOTC are missing.

The 1980’s Milton Bradley version wasn’t exactly “great” quality, and also required a -third- edtion.

I don’t see how the quality has “gone down so much”.

Infact, overall, I would say it’s improved right up the ladder for the most part.

• No money, No battle board and not enough chips typically.No storage containers except in global 40.  The pieces are better. Rulebook is in color. Board I would say is kind of a wash. I don’t know I believe that is a bit of a downgrade.

• The boards have gotten way better.  Look at Anniversary or 1940.  They are much better than Classic or the old Europe/Pacific.

• I didn’t have a problem with the old style boards on classic or old Europe and Pacific.You could definitely see the boundaries better. Played 1942 second edition over the weekend and you could barely see the lines between territories in Russia. Couldn’t they have made them white so you could see it better. Just saying.

• WotC is notorious for pushing Magic CCG and leaving other products on the back burner.  They did this back in early 2000’s when they lost the right to produce Pokemon.  They decided to eliminate the 16+ tournament age group to get older Pokemon players to switch to Magic before they lost production rights.

• @GoSanchez6:

I didn’t have a problem with the old style boards on classic or old Europe and Pacific.You could definitely see the boundaries better. Played 1942 second edition over the weekend and you could barely see the lines between territories in Russia. Couldn’t they have made them white so you could see it better. Just saying.

Well, I wasn’t considering 1942/1941 versions because they are the cheaper versions for new players.  anniversary and the 1940 boards are for more advanced players.

• Agree with you on that BJC but look how much you are paying for those games. I have both of the ones you’re talking about and they weren’t cheap. Anniversary looks like a bargain now what I paid for it. Buddy of mine wants it and we are just going to try to build one from scratch copying my rulebook and using some of the maps and aids that are in that forum. Then buy the pieces from HBG to get er done.

• Lets not inflate the importance of Axis and Allies here. For WotC Magic and Monopoly put vutter on their bread. 1914 isn’t going to sell a million copies. Lets be realistic. At least they are being produced, rather than Larry having to make them by hand in his basement.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m