• I’ve scanned this forum and noticed many amazing maps that I’d love to play on… unfortunatley all the people I play with exist only in cyberspace. It would be great if there were more user-made scenarios for Triple A… If I knew how to make scenarios for Triple A I’d do them myself, but I can’t seem to find any information regarding this (can anyone post any links?).

If anyone has made anything for Triple A, like a new map and set up, please post it. I dearly would love to expand my Triple A scenario collection.

• Maybe we have many photoshop’ers but not enough programmers.

Many maps were made for variant rules. The makers probably felt pointless to play their new maps with OOB (out of box) rules.

• 2007 AAR League

Many maps were made for variant rules. The makers probably felt pointless to play their new maps with OOB (out of box) rules.

It is possible to add new house rules to triplea, but it is a programming effort to do so as it involves changes to the game logic.  Currently, rule variants can be selected via the Game Options button when creating a game.

Making a new map/scenario in triplea is straight forward if it doesn’t involve house rules.  It is all XML driven with no programming required.  If there is a specific scenario you think is popular enough or interesting enough to warrant adding it to triplea, then I suggest you start a thread here:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=53.0

• Lord Raffles;

If you know the people at triple A tell them We’d be happy to submit the map files for all three games (revised, phase 2 and phase 3 map) as long as they support the rules so that these games can be played correctly with AARHE.

They also need to have a few new icons for cruisers,mech infantry,heavy tanks, and naval fighters

I will make all the icons but they need to incorporate them into the programming.

Lets get the ball rolling!

• They also need to have a few new icons for cruisers,mech infantry,heavy tanks, and naval fighters

by the way Lord Raffles, thats just examples
    we have more than that
    but Imperious is happy with his Photoshop/Illustrator

If you know the people at triple A tell them We’d be happy to submit the map files for all three games (revised, phase 2 and phase 3 map) as long as they support the rules so that these games can be played correctly with AARHE.

although last I checked tripleA didn’t include any complicated variants

• 2007 AAR League

I took a quick look through the AARHE rules and I think this will be quite difficult to implement in triplea, unfortunately.  The current triplea engine allows only one player to take their turn at a time, and turn sequences are strictly layed out in the game configuration file.

To lift these restrictions will require quite a bit of work, and even more testing.  You’ll need to find someone who is willing to do both.

• Is the turn sequence the only thing that poses a problem?

• and then you have the income system and neutrals system
    its open source and probably well documented if anyone wants to take the initiative though
    but your really pulling the code apart
    it’ll become tripleaarhe :)

• The best place for discussions about adding rules and maps to TripleA is on the triplea dev forum (http://tripleadev.org/)

If you look in the doc folder in TripleA, there are some instructions on making alternate maps/scenarios, but as Tonez noted this requires programming, and programming time is in short supply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m