Fighting off Barbarossa from Moscow…

• TripleA

usually you just end up killing singles.

Got to be honest, subs and bombers are my europe strategy for usa. All I do is convoy with subs, normandy southern france and italy.

It is an awesome strategy. :) I need bombers to protect london early on anyway. atlantic is way cheaper that way and you get to reinforce russia with the bombers once germany passes up on sea lion, it is most baller of a strategy. like all you need to do is buy 3 subs usa 2 or 3 then 3 more subs for the next two rounds (1 normandy 2 southern france and 6-9 subs for sz 97).

as long as you got 3 bombers there to match what he can scramble… you good to go because if he buys a dd against your subs then you only lose sub casualties and your bombers hit fighters.
    ~

Still not sure why russia only starts with 2 tanks, Russia had as many tanks as germany in the real war… I thought. In any case the lack of attack power for russians begs for a few russian infantry to turn into armor units. I would like to see a few ruskies turning into tanks. That is a game balance change I would like to see, especially since people are still sea lion crazy it seems, might give a russian player some confidence in attacking german territories.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Russia had many more tanks starting out in 1941 than Germany.  (Just like France and UK did in 1940)

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=172970

Some were obsolete and most were poorly led.  In any event, I agree that Larry needs to beef up the USSR.  Maybe 6 more infantry scattered around central Asia.

• well if gertaly goes for fully moscow, than moscow should fall. it would have been really absurd (regarding game balance) if moscow didnt fall even after axis went 100% for that goal:

keep in mind moscow down doesnt mean game s won by axis. still gotta grab egy and hold on to france for a win.
    a 100% moscow strategy usually ends up with a strong middle east with uk factories and an ita convoy zoned to stone age. plus after japs are caged usa can to invest heavily in atlantic.

so we got some races up here, which will happen faster, usa caging japs/uk turning middle east into a fortress or ger grabbing moscow. if u take ger grabbing moscow out of this equation u r basically saying axis cant win in europe.

this 3-way rave makes a really balanced game imho. so no need for beefing up ussr.

ps for karl7: historical facts do really come behind game balance. ie if this was a complete historical game axis wouldnt stanc a chance.

• TripleA

ah screw more units, just turn a couple russian inf into armor units, should be fine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m