• I’m in a global right now as the Axis player. Its now UK3, Japan has done a successful J3 India  & has control of all China (less 4 territories I just have to walk into), India & all SE Asia (less Hong Kong, Malaya & 1 other UK straggler I’ll have to clean up w/ J4 battle to take), Japan averted a US Strike against the homeland & w/ no more transport troops have moved their fleet from J6 towards Flip, where they are now staging along with Anzac.

On the Europe side Italy has cleared the Med, still retaining most of its fleet & is poised to take Egypt on I3, However the US has got Gib & had anchored a small fleet w/ loaded CV off Gib. US-east purchased  5-subs & 4-cruisers last round!  The UK @ this point has not reinforced London, but they will this round.  Germany is poised to take Ukraine & Novgorod  on G4 & Russia has abandoned Stalingrad entirely & amassing in Moscow.

So  Now most of my German forces & planes are on the eastern front w/ just token forces in France, Germany & central territories, so I’m fearing a big onslaught/invasion coming from US/UK w/i a couple rounds.

But for now, how the heck do I deal with all those Russian tanks in Moscow?  He’s got 21 there right now, w/ 8inf & 2-fghtrs. It will take next round to knock out the northern & southern factories, & 2-more rounds just to make it to Moscow w/what ever units I have left from the prev rounds battles. Currently I only have about 13 tanks, 20inf, 2mech, 4art, 1 bmr, 5fgntrs, & 4tacs combined w/my north & south armies to last for the next 3-rounds to Moscow!  & Russia is buying 7-tanks per round w/ an inf or 2 (as he took the oil fields early & has a couple pro-axis territories as well) so he’s making good IPC’s.

I’m just afraid that by the time I get to Moscow, with my current force, that Moscow will be too big & wipe me out, or If I wait to build for a couple more rounds, so will Moscow, & be even bigger.  Because I still have the US/UK invasion coming, so I’ll have to divert some of my IPC’s to reinforce there.

So is this an insurmountable situation in the coming rounds @ this point???

• A tank army is really not very optimal for russia. If you attack, in 1 round of combat you will eat through his infantry cover and then his expensive tanks will start blowing up. Send japanese units from china into russia and from india into the oilfields. russia will be poor in no time. Reinforce your german stack with mech every turn, and fill your west front with infantry and artillery; US cannot possible land units in europe faster than you can build stuff there.

• '17

@El:

Currently I only have about 13 tanks, 20inf, 2mech, 4art, 1 bmr, 5fgntrs, & 4tacs combined w/my north & south armies to last for the next 3-rounds to Moscow!

That’s only 4 more tanks than what Germany starts with? Have you been taking significant losses on the eastern front already?

• That’s only 4 more tanks than what Germany starts with? Have you been taking significant losses on the eastern front already?

Yes I have had some pretty good hits against me moving past the front lines, but got stretched a little this between air & sea purchases on the Atlantic side & the Med.  Now pretty much just trying to concentrate on Russia for Moscow & VP cities, before I have to head back to my flanks to protect Paris VP & hold Egypt, before the UK & US come in full force to rob me of my gains––

It just seems like I can play this out in my head for the next three rounds & see my Eastern armies getting wiped out @ the Gates of Moscow from his tank force stacking there, while I now have the UK & US starting the Invasion in the western or southern shores of France----& me not having enough time / IPC’s to stop them if I’m trying to go all-in for Moscow???

• Just by more fodder in the form of mechs

• Once you’re getting that sweet Russia money, 20-30 mechs and like 5-10 planes sitting in West Germany can crush pretty much any landing party anywhere. Makes it really hard for the allies to land because if they get wiped out they have to spend at minimum 2-3 turns getting more units over.

• @zanetheinsane:

Once you’re getting that sweet Russia money, 20-30 mechs and like 5-10 planes sitting in West Germany can crush pretty much any landing party anywhere. Makes it really hard for the allies to land because if they get wiped out they have to spend at minimum 2-3 turns getting more units over.

Unless they land in Norway and build an IC and Airbase there.  Then they can liberate Leningrad from Germany (but wait until Moscow falls so that you can use that IC as well).

Taking Norway, Finland and Leningrad from Germany does some serious economic damage to them.  A loss of 17 IPCs is pretty significant.

• @ghr2:

Just by more fodder in the form of mechs

Why Mechs instead of inf?

• it all depends on where you buy stuff, If you are planning on hitting moscow you should praise the lord that he is buying tanks, he has as you said 21 tanks 8 infs and 2 ftrs, imagine if he had 2 tanks 6 art 38 inf and 2 fighters instead, that would be much harder to attack and much harder to defend against if you where next to it.

you prolly wanna buy mechs instead of infs, because there is soo many terrs in russia, mechs once moscow falls the mechs can get to where you need them twice as fast, you should buy some infs in stalingrand/rostov (if oyu have an ic here) and maybe even south ukraine, if you build 9 inf like this each turn while going after his middle east, his income will go down very fast and you will be able to overwhelm him very fast.

• Mechs for mobility, they can get to the front faster, regular inf if the front is very close to the factory or if ur going hard defense

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m