FMGC 2013 - Planning, Roster, Suggestions, Invites

• Sponsor

This is what I purpose on the weekend of the FMGC 2013.

Three of the following members stay at my place, and two stay at a near by hotel in a room in which all 5 members split the cost (2 nights).

Suprise Attack- Syracuse
    Djensen- San Francisco
    Gargantua- British Columbia
    Vance- New Brunswick
    Axisplaya- Montreal

However, each must do their best to arrive in Toronto Friday morning, for an epic game of G40.2 at my place beginning around noon. The next day we will all go to the convention together, and Sunday as well.

Sound good?

• '10

I will need to set a date soon.

Any suggestions?

• Sponsor

@FieldMarshalGames:

I will need to set a date soon.

Any suggestions?

Can’t plan my death, which would be the only reason I wouldn’t go, so any date is good for me.

• The same weekend as this years was on would probably be best.  Try to keep some consistancy.

Iwillnevergrowup.com has a LOT of things to bring to this in 2013 too;

Rules of Engagement table (Maybe a bit smaller than last year) or TWO
    Warhammer 40k table or two
    Angels 20 table
    (and all of our terrain, miniatures, rulebooks, etc)
    Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition table again (my custom/topographical table)

And A&A Industrial Production Chips!  (Hopefully some other product as well)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Yeah, April 19th, 20th, 21st!

• Sponsor

@Rorschach:

Rules of Engagement table (Maybe a bit smaller than last year) or TWO
    Warhammer 40k table or two
    Angels 20 table

I don’t care how big it is, as long as there is at least 1 ROE table.

• I can get to Toronto by noon and if Axisplaya can get to Kingston early enough he can ride with me

• Customizer

I’m hoping to get all three of us from the podcast up this year. Last year Mugzy couldn’t make it. I’m going to look into getting a small RV and just park it at the club. Then there’ll be no need to stop drinking!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Most:

I’m hoping to get all three of us from the podcast up this year. Last year Mugzy couldn’t make it. I’m going to look into getting a small RV and just park it at the club. Then there’ll be no need to stop drinking!

LOL I can’t wait…

How much do they cost to rent?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Good idea but there is still a chance I may not be able to make it – sometimes life has it’s way of not cooperating with fun. I suggest adding a 6th person for the room & board plan below and if I make it, I’ll just cover my own room.

@Young:

This is what I purpose on the weekend of the FMGC 2013.

Three of the following members stay at my place, and two stay at a near by hotel in a room in which all 5 members split the cost (2 nights).

Suprise Attack- Syracuse
    Djensen- San Francisco
    Gargantua- British Columbia
    Vance- New Brunswick
    Axisplaya- Montreal

However, each must do their best to arrive in Toronto Friday morning, for an epic game of G40.2 at my place beginning around noon. The next day we will all go to the convention together, and Sunday as well.

Sound good?

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

@Most:

LOL I can’t wait…

How much do they cost to rent?

No idea. I figure it’s pointless to even check on it until after 21-Dec anyway lol

• Sponsor

@djensen:

Good idea but there is still a chance I may not be able to make it – sometimes life has it’s way of not cooperating with fun. I suggest adding a 6th person for the room & board plan below and if I make it, I’ll just cover my own room.

It’s all good, I’m not gonna add anyone else because my place is better suited for 2 rather than 3, but I can fit three for sure if I have too. Even if you want your own room, you can still take a seat at our game on Friday (if you get into town early enough), and if you can’t for any reason, there are lots of locals that can fill in to make a full game.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@djensen:

Keep in mind that the Spring Gathering happened the weekend after FMGC last year, which takes place in Ohio.

What is this “Spring Gathering”. Is it A&A related?

• Founder TripleA Admin

@LHoffman:

@djensen:

Keep in mind that the Spring Gathering happened the weekend after FMGC last year, which takes place in Ohio.

What is this “Spring Gathering”. Is it A&A related?

Yes, it is run by Greg Smorey in Cincinnati.

Thanks David. Anywhere I can find more info, or should I just check back here?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Well, since they’re both in April I think you should come to FMGC 2013 instead! (sorry Greg)

Unless you live next door to Cincinnati, then you should go to both!

@djensen:

Well, since they’re both in April I think you should come to FMGC 2013 instead! (sorry Greg)

Unless you live next door to Cincinnati, then you should go to both!

I would love to come to FMGC, but I will say that compared to Vancouver, Cincinnati is practically next door to Toledo.

• Yea it might be close than Toronto too, would be nice to see ya there. Where esle can you go and meet the personalities who are Gargantua, Axisplayer, young Grasshopper, Most Holy and his crew, Vance says he’ll be there , Mr Malichicrunch, and many more.
    I’m thinking I might try to pull off the one in Indianapolis too

@suprise:

Yea it might be close than Toronto too, would be nice to see ya there. Where esle can you go and meet the personalities who are Gargantua, Axisplayer, young Grasshopper, Most Holy and his crew, Vance says he’ll be there , Mr Malichicrunch, and many more.
    I’m thinking I might try to pull off the one in Indianapolis too

My impression was that FMGC was in British Columbia… is it in Toronto or is that a different venue?

• Customizer

Oshawa Ontario. Just outside Toronto. Awesome venue. Awesome people.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m