• Coach,

Excellent! Every single thing I have hoped for you are going to do:

1. Match OOB colors
    2. Match OOB sizes
    3. Match OOB detail
    4. Add additional units

When Jack from Table Tactics was thinking about doing a French set (high priority item btw- it would be a good seller), I measured every single A&A tank and gave him some suggestions for sizes (from what I recall, current tanks vary from 17 to 22mm in length). Would you like me to dig that up for you and post it?

• German winter gear infantry would be nice also Coach. Tack the same on for USA infantry as well.Thanks

• I’d love to see the Scharnhorst for a BB alternate but that’s hardly necessary.

But in addition to an FW190 for the fighter, I think it would be lovely to see the bf110 as an alternate tac bomber.

I’m more of a naval/air buff, I’ll let you armour heads hammer out preferences on tanks.

• i would love to see another BB, was it an early war type?

• Customizer

The Scharnhorst was actually a battlecruiser rather than a battleship – just a little lighter on armor and armament.  The Germans had the Scharnhorst at the beginning of the war, in fact I think it went out before the war actually started in preparation for war, and caused the British merchant ships a lot of headaches.  I think the British finally managed to sink her in Dec. 1943.  So I guess you could call it an early-mid war ship.

kcdzim,
    Love your idea of the Bf110 for an alternate tac bomber.

• @knp7765:

The Scharnhorst was actually a battlecruiser rather than a battleship – just a little lighter on armor and armament.  The Germans had the Scharnhorst at the beginning of the war, in fact I think it went out before the war actually started in preparation for war, and caused the British merchant ships a lot of headaches.  I think the British finally managed to sink her in Dec. 1943.  So I guess you could call it an early-mid war ship.

kcdzim,
    Love your idea of the Bf110 for an alternate tac bomber.

Eh, the Battlecruiser/Battleship nomenclature is a technicality as far as A&A is concerned as they are rather interchangable, and as the Scharnhorst class has both terms applied alternatively.  I mean, the HMS Hood was a battlecruiser as well.

The Scharnhorst (1939 to 1943) and the sister ship, the Gneisenau (1938 to 1942), were a thorn in the Brits side for longer than the Bismark, and they were both commissioned prior to outbreak of the war, and unlike the Tirpitz, actually engaged Allied ships.  So yeah, early war.  Although technically, the Bismark class was more or less early war as well - commissioned in 1940 and as we all know, subsequently lost.

• Yeah, in some ways the Gneisenau is the exact opposite of the original “battlecruiser” concept: with only 11" guns on 33,000 tons displacement, instead of being over-gunned for its armor, it was under-gunned for its armor (or perhaps over-armored for its guns… another example of “German over-engineering strikes again!”)

Overall, though, it was a bit weaker than most true BB’s but very fast, which is why it’s often referred to as a “battlecruiser.”  The latest BB’s, though, were almost as fast; with the coming of the Iowa’s, the fastest BB’s would grow even faster, and the old BB/CC distinction was beginning to blur…

• i would buy your tigers if you decide on making them. I’m still not really digging the rotatable turrets of FMG tanks

AND i would love to see Scharnhorst as long as i can sub it as a early/light battleship game play wise

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Lunarwolf:

i would buy your tigers if you decide on making them. I’m still not really digging the rotatable turrets of FMG tanks

AND i would love to see Scharnhorst as
    long as i can sub it as a early/light battleship game play wise

You can always superglue the turrets.

• yea Scharnhorst

In fact make one battlecruiser for each player. Battlecruisers can be 3-3-2 units that take 2 hits, cost 15

• LOL iono why i didnt think of that coach. i guess i wont need any tigers. as long as they come in oob

• Customizer

@Lunarwolf:

i would buy your tigers if you decide on making them. I’m still not really digging the rotatable turrets of FMG tanks

I don’t think the moveable turrets on the FMG pieces will be too much of a problem unless you are just turning them constantly.  At first, I thought moveable turrets was a neat little frill, but now I’m thinking it’s an unnecessary one considering how this game is played.  When I get mine, I imagine I will just turn them all straight and leave them that way.  If any turrets do come off for some reason, then I’ll just glue them like coach said.

• LOL iono why i didnt think of that coach. i guess i wont need any tigers. as long as they come in oob colors/scale

@Lunarwolf:

LOL iono why i didnt think of that coach. i guess i wont need any tigers. as long as they come in oob colors/scale

FMG has a good looking Tiger II

• I have to say after seeing FMG’s King Tiger I don’t think you really need to make one either Coach.  I’m curious as to how many vehicles/total units are you considering for this German Vehicle kit.

• @knp7765:

@Lunarwolf:

I don’t think the moveable turrets on the FMG pieces will be too much of a problem unless you are just turning them constantly.  At first, I thought moveable turrets was a neat little frill, but now I’m thinking it’s an unnecessary one considering how this game is played.  When I get mine, I imagine I will just turn them all straight and leave them that way.  If any turrets do come off for some reason, then I’ll just glue them like coach said.

As long as Coach doesn’t make any Jagdtigers with movable turrets… :-D

@dadler12:

I have to say after seeing FMG’s King Tiger I don’t think you really need to make one either Coach.  I’m curious as to how many vehicles/total units are you considering for this German Vehicle kit.

It was not in the plan to make a Tiger II.

• Coach Ilike the idea of additional  AA Germans.
    Here is what I would like to see.
    Luftwaffe:  FW Condor for long range recon and Heavy bomber.
    ME 262 jet Fighter.
    Medium Bomber HE-111 primary med bomber.

Artillery:  105mm and 150mm towed artillery back bone of german artillery regiments.
    No more 88mm.
    Heavy Artillery 170mm or 210mm guns
    If you want to do a heavy tech artillery go for a K5 Railroad gun like Robert and Leopold the ANZIO sisters.
    Anti-Tank guns: PAK 75mm or PAK 50mm
    SPG AT Marder II or III
    SDKZ 7s and 11s for PZ DV, and PZ GRN DV, Horse and cassion for INF and Volk DVs.
    Armoured car PUMA you can really distinguish a PUMA on the board.
    I like the Scharnhorst for a BC.
    If you want a tech BB go for the H39-H44

Cheers

• Hi

I would love a german motorcycle with sidecar unit. Could be used as motorized infantry.
    Zundapp KS750 or BMW R75.

• Customizer

@supermestizo:

Hi

I would love a german motorcycle with sidecar unit. Could be used as motorized infantry.
    Zundapp KS750 or BMW R75.

This might be cool. would be difficult to pull off though.

EDIT - Upon further consideration I believe the small scale of this unit will not be practicable when using with OOB pieces. Scaling up would look odd. Noble attempt though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m