• You’re right KNP.  I say scrap this poll completely … it’s pretty innacurate.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

It would be nice to see the “Boomerang fighter” in the anzac set though……

• Well, the poll shows one thing: that we would be happy no matter what is the next set after the British.

Looks like the lineup is gonna look like this after the british: France Russia japan

• FMG could simply make a special ANZAC and Canadian Infantry in the UK mold.  Then FMG could print that mold in three colors and sell it as a Commonwealth/UK Allies Set.

• Customizer

@dadler12:

FMG could simply make a special ANZAC and Canadian Infantry in the UK mold.  Then FMG could print that mold in three colors and sell it as a Commonwealth/UK Allies Set.

I don’t think that would work.  FMG sets have two different infantry sculpts per set.  If you added ANZAC and Canadian infantry, you would have 6 infantry slots.  That would mean other units would be substituted, probably the units that we get 12 each of since those take up 2 slots in the mold (submarines, destroyers, transports, fighters, artillery, mech inf ).  Therefore we would only get 6 of each of some of those units.
    Or, are you suggesting just ONE infantry sculpt for UK, ANZAC and Canada?  I suppose that might work for the mold.  Then you wouldn’t have the 2nd UK sculpt for any sort of special forces that you might want to incorporate into your game.
    Personally, I think FMG should stick to their current way of making these pieces and not try changing things around on certain sets just to fill specific piece requests.  It’s much simpler and more cost effective this way.

• '10

In regards to JAPAN / CHINA etc….

I would like to complete the sets for Europe FIRST, so people can start to make complete games / variants etc…

We also want them done so people can expand on the great Maps HBG has been coming out with.

In addition, once production is running smoothly, we want to co-ordinate sets with HBG and release like sets.

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

In regards to JAPAN / CHINA etc….

I would like to complete the sets for Europe FIRST, so people can start to make complete games / variants etc…

We also want them done so people can expand on the great Maps HBG has been coming out with.

In addition, once production is running smoothly, we want to co-ordinate sets with HBG and release like sets.

Makes sense.  I do like the idea of different infantry only sculpts (two for each country) for Canada & ANZAC while maybe keeping all others same as UK - simple but still unique and true - whenever the time comes!!! :)

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

You know, I thought you had mentioned that before.  So basically our choice after the UK would be either France or Russia.  Personally, I still vote for France.  Russia already has some pretty decent pieces of their own design from OOB so that will last us a little longer.  France definitely needs their own vehicles, planes and ships.  Still curious if FMG’s French pieces will be the same as OOB color or perhaps a little different.  For some reason, I’m seeing them as being a little darker blue, with more of a dull finish.  Your Italians have a dull finish which I think is better.  OOB pieces are a little too shiny.

As for the somewhat “special” infantry units for ANZAC and Canada, perhaps that would be a project best left to HBG.  FMG’s sets cover all the basic units used by all the British/Commonwealth nations.  Let’s face it, there were no distinctly Canadian or Australian carriers, battleships, cruisers, strat bombers and so on.  All that big stuff were British models that were commissioned into the Canadian or Australian navies/armies/air force.  Really the only truly unique pieces would be infantry and possibly commanders.  I guess the Australians did have a unique fighter (the Boomerang?).  Also, Canada did receive a number of Sherman tanks which they converted – some removed the turret and made armored personnel carriers which I believe were called “Ram Kangaroos” and others were fitted with 85mm guns and called “Fireflies”.
    The point I’m trying to make is let FMG make all the more “basic” units in their sets and in the different colors for UK, ANZAC and Canada.  Then I’m sure HBG can easily create some ANZAC and Canada supplement sets with all the little different units that will really spice up our games.
    You know, it’s really great to have two such companies working together on these pieces like this.  It kind of fills the gaps for a large variety of player’s needs.  For example, I sill use the OOB pieces for my Germans at present but I have been subbing out the armor for HBG’s Panzer III pieces from his black Axis Minor sets.  It’s great, they fit right in.

• @knp7765:

WARRIOR888,
    I totally agree with you on the Crusader for one of the British Armor sculpts.  That was a really cool tank.  As for the second, I would probably vote for the Churchill.

No way!  The choice for the Brits main tank simply HAS to be the Cromwell (or one of its close relatives).  The Brits actually used more Shermans than anything else, but of course we do want a uniquely British unit.  (Though an argument could be made for a Sherman derivative like the Firefly or one of the Canadian cousins of the Sherman since its really going to be a UK/Canada/ANZAC set and the Commonwealth forces overwhelmingly used Sherman relatives/ derivatives…)  But aside from the Sherman, the Cromwell family was the only type the Brits made in any real numbers, and was the only thing they made that was even arguably as good as the Sherman or could compete with the Panzer IV or T-34 on anything like equal terms.  Maybe the Churchill for a “heavy”… but none of the Pre-Cromwell-family British cruisers were really anything more than light tanks in terms of practical application.

I like the 25 pounder field gun too.

Now there I agree.  The 25-pounder was truly a classic of its type.  They even had the Canadians churn out as many Sexton SP guns as they could so that they could get it on an SP mount and make their SP guns ammo-compatible with their towed guns!

• Customizer

Well, I still like the Crusader, although I know it was more on the side of a light to medium tank.  I’m not as familiar with the Cromwell, though I do know it was more comparible with the Sherman and other medium tanks.
    The Churchill was heavy in terms of armor and size, but I thought the gun was somewhat underpowered.  Now that I think about it, not really sure what caliber gun the Churchill had.
    Perhaps HBG could make the Crusader in his British supplement set as a light tank, like his M-3 Stuart in the US set (those look great by the way).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m