Next Sets from Historical Board Gaming

• Customizer

On the subject of 3-D air and naval bases, What I did for my Global game was buy little plastic anchor charms on eBay and glue them to infantry bases so they stand upright and for airbases I took cylindrical clothes pegs and cut them short and painted them up like hangars. If HBG wanted to borrow this idea and they could make sweet units like these with ridges in the hangars to look like corrugated steel like hangars. I’ll post pictures when I get home but you can check my blog under the painting section. Here’s the link.
    http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca/2012/01/painting-accessories.html?m=0

• Customizer

It (STILL) seems to me that most everyone wants 3-D types of Air/Naval Bases, Etc. even if they aren’t their top priority. I only hope that SOMEBODY will oneday produce them. I predict that they would have GREAT SALES numbers when produced.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Here’s a picture of the pieces we use, the monopoly house is for labs that develop tech.

I think these pieces would be easy and cheap to mold and sell and if anyone from HBG wants to use these ideas, as I said previously, go right ahead. The flat acrylic pieces are much better than the cardboard OOB junk but actual 3-D pieces are way cooler looking.

bases.JPG

• '10

@Most:

Here’s a picture of the pieces we use, the monopoly house is for labs that develop tech.

I think these pieces would be easy and cheap to mold and sell and if anyone from HBG wants to use these ideas, as I said previously, go right ahead. The flat acrylic pieces are much better than the cardboard OOB junk but actual 3-D pieces are way cooler looking.

I have seen this set-up at FMGC 2012…  It was amazing!

Jeremy

• Customizer

I really like the look of the little half-moon shaped hangers. Aren’t those called quonset huts? Anyway, it looks really cool.

Question: What is the red thing on the far right that looks like a set of stairs?

• Customizer

Those are bleachers (houses) from NFL Monopoly. I glued short dowels to the back and painted them brick red to use as minor factories.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.3m