• Well hopefully the photo links work. But anyway, this is the solution I came up with for compartmentalizing the game pieces. It took quite awhile and these were the first two I did as you can see Germany is all over the board with regards to how straight the cutouts are and France got a little better, and as it went on they really turned out nice. It was probably  a little more work then the Styrofoam as there is only once piece the fit into each other the rest are placed in by hand. When I went to michaels they have an all black poster board the is pretty sturdy and some 3M quick dry craft glue did the trick.

• That’s really cool! Do you just glue the walls straight into the tray that comes with the game?

• Pretty much although some of the sides on the boxes are bowed. So sense the glue was relatively tacking in one minute I would hold the side to the cutout. Worked out pretty sweet. Although the french is pictured above they actually went into a tackle box along with IPCs I printed and cut out due to the fact both Europe and Pacific do not come with IPCs.  I also used 2 5 compartment planos for the AA ICs AB & NB and the Red and Grey chips went into the other one. All 10 boxes fit into one box and the board and 3 planos fit into the other along with the NO new setup IPC tracker and such that were printed out and put on the same poster board. Once I get the game back as it is being set up at a coworkers house as we are participating in our first global battle today during the superbowl, I will take some more pictures. I really wish there was another box that had the french seperate as I do not really care for the use of the Plano box for the French.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

That is pretty nifty.  I remember making trays from balsa wood for my first set of Axis and Allies…since the foam was destroyed in a year from over play and nervous nellies shoving pieces into them…lol.

I like the plasitic look, makes them look more official.

• Also forgot to mention for the Japanese destroyer and cruisers had to get put in the location of A/C and battleships due to the quantity the Japanese have I also painted the tips and smoke stacks of the cruisers with a white paint pen as sometimes in the heat of battle and glare its an easy reference on which on is which.

• Customizer

I didn’t like the pieces boxes that came with the games because they only had 3 compartments.  I use Plano divided containers myself.  Of course, I also have obtained many more pieces than come with each game.  I prefer to use all game pieces and no chips whenever possible.  If anyone is familiar with the lineup of the new FMG Italian combat units, multiply those numbers by 5 and that is how many pieces I have for each country.  France and ANZAC were especially hard to get up to this number of pieces and I’m actually 2 carriers short for ANZAC (28 out of 30) but I figure it’s close enough.

Container combat units 1-sm.JPG
    Container combat units 2-sm.JPG
    Container common pieces-sm.JPG

• I keep mine in similar plastic boxes too (Flambeau Zerust Tuff Tainers; I think the model number is 5004).  I’ve bought all the A&A games over the years, including some in multiple copies, so plastic boxes are the only way to keep that many plastic sculpts organized into all the categories I want (including colour and model variations).  The U.S. (the only country to show up in every A&A game) is spread out over four containers; Britain, Russia, Germany and Japan each use three containers; the other countries use one each.  The American pieces used to occupy just three trays, but with the arrival of Global I redistributed them over four trays to allow more room for future growth.

• But digging around for that last German mech is my favorite part of the game!

• @knp7765:

I didn’t like the pieces boxes that came with the games because they only had 3 compartments.  I use Plano divided containers myself.  Of course, I also have obtained many more pieces than come with each game.  I prefer to use all game pieces and no chips whenever possible.  If anyone is familiar with the lineup of the new FMG Italian combat units, multiply those numbers by 5 and that is how many pieces I have for each country.  France and ANZAC were especially hard to get up to this number of pieces and I’m actually 2 carriers short for ANZAC (28 out of 30) but I figure it’s close enough.

These are great.  What model is this, exactly?

• Customizer

Plano brand, model 2-3750.  I get them in the Sporting Goods section at Walmart for $5 each.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m