• It’s funny how much these negotiations sound like the line in Frank Capra’s first Why We Fight movie that talks about the three Axis nations at the Tripartite Pact meeting being busy “carving up the world…staking their claims”.  :lol:

• I was thinking that for games with similar rules we should  put rulebooks together. So instead of 14 rulebooks we have 4 Saves on space and harder to lose stuff

• @spartan:

Ok to clarify I get Poland you get midway?  :?

If so that sounds good! :-D

Good luck with the Chinese campaigns.  :-)

No i was just kidding. I dont want naval battles. I’ll take two chinese ones. Battle of Shanghai will be in 3 parts by the way. The first involving urban combat, the second is chinese defending a japanese anphibious assault and the last is the chinese retreat. If u win one scenario u get extra troops fo the next.

• @CWO:

It’s funny how much these negotiations sound like the line in Frank Capra’s first Why We Fight movie that talks about the three Axis nations at the Tripartite Pact meeting being busy “carving up the world…staking their claims”.  :lol:

:lol:

@Croesus:

I was thinking that for games with similar rules we should  put rulebooks together. So instead of 14 rulebooks we have 4 Saves on space and harder to lose stuff

Sounds good I have the start of my rulebook posted on my forum how is yours coming?

@Pvt.Ryan:

@spartan:

Ok to clarify I get Poland you get midway?  :?

If so that sounds good! :-D

Good luck with the Chinese campaigns.  :-)

No i was just kidding. I dont want naval battles. I’ll take two chinese ones. Battle of Shanghai will be in 3 parts by the way. The first involving urban combat, the second is chinese defending a japanese anphibious assault and the last is the chinese retreat. If u win one scenario u get extra troops fo the next.

Chinese campaign sounds cool, I will see if Sun_Tzu wants midway

• I’ll take midway, New Guinea and Coral

• do you want Okinawa i think thats still up for grabs, if not i will take it.

• @Sun_Tzu:

I’ll take midway, New Guinea and Coral

My final claim is New Guinea, Norway, Aleutians, and Anglo-Iraq sorry to push you out but you misunderstood me about New guinea. I still wanted it.

@Pvt.Ryan:

Sorry to post way to much but Croesus do you have the rules to East out yet? I can wait to try it out. Also I think for this Hundred Regiments game i will make it to where you need to complete objectives. The Japanese must kill 2/3 of the Chinese for or must operate so many touch and burn operations. The chinese must destroy railroads and capture victory cities. They might also have to destroy the coal mine. The game will be won on victory points. The rules will be similar to D-Day but with no time limit (i hate time limits). Each army will have special abilities. The communist forces can recruit conscripts from cities and villages (only once per town) they can disappear into the wilderness like subs and they can move 2 spaces. The Japanese can use railways for movement and in general get a bigger force. While the chinese have regulars, conscripts, artillery and maybe some tanks, the japanese get infantry, atillery, tanks, and fighters, and maybe bombers.

Getting Close, I’ll post something sometime next week
    @spartan:

@Croesus:

I was thinking that for games with similar rules we should  put rulebooks together. So instead of 14 rulebooks we have 4 Saves on space and harder to lose stuff

Sounds good I have the start of my rulebook posted on my forum how is yours coming?

It’s coming.

• Guys lets make i thread for the Express Games. Im tired of goingfrom East Africa to Greece.

• Here’s an operation that somebody might want to use for an Express game: the Syria-Lebanon campaign (also known as Operation Exporter), which was the Allied invasion of Vichy French-controlled Syria and Lebanon, in June-July 1941.  The main forces were the British (plus some Commonwealth units) and the Free French on one side, versus Vichy France and Germany on the other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria-Lebanon_campaign

• That sounds kind of fun if no one else wants it I might take it, or maybe we should give it to Sun_Tzu he does not have many battles yet.

• OH! PLEASE CAN I HAVE IT! I’d be excited to do something other than China. Also it will put my French pieces to use. Not to mention if i can work my great great grandfathers people into it (the Czechs) that will be even better.

• The Czechs are nowhere near Syria dude

• Unfortunatley you are right. Only a small group fought with the UK and Free French Forces. Not enough for a major power.

• You know maybe I will combine a couple and make a United States Japanese Islands conquest… Comments?

• Sounds good i dont see y not. Is it like a massive board or a campaign styled game like Shanghai?

• More campaign. Probably this kind of area-(I’m gonna make a better map though)

Empire_of_Japan_(1868-1945).png

• Operation Barbarossa sounds fun to me (German invasion of Russia on western border)

• @Sun_Tzu:

Operation Barbarossa sounds fun to me (German invasion of Russia on western border)

Yes, but I wonder if the scale might be a teensy-weensy too big for an express game.

• Maybe, but not if you use just west border of Russia and East of German Territory… idk

• Rules are done, just working on profiles. and then change it to a Open office Document as opposed to keynote.
    Considering enlarging map to include all of lake Victoria and even into Rwanda (maybe).
    Either way, this will hopefully be done this weekend. PM me if you would like to be on a play test list. (Cannot guarantee anything)
    Croesus

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m