• THREE MAN CHESS!?!?

COOL!!! 8)

• OK…I’m not the only one who thought of this then. I went as far as making a 3’x4’ map, recreating the AA board making the neutral territories into part of the continents, and spreading out the Pacific and Atlantic a little more to have more naval strategy. Each land zone had it’s own three digit number that started at 1-2 going through to 1-12 and then ending at 8-12…the idea of player capital placement (and chemical, biological and nuclear fall out effects) was to roll a 8 sided die and two 6 sided die to obtain coordinates for their Capital…each player started with 30 IPC’s for purchase, depending on if they where placed on a island, or land locked, they would by what they needed to start.

Each continent; like in Risk had a certain value if you owned the whole colored territory, other then that they each had a normal IP value that I tried to keep as true to the actual AA board as possible, and we used the IPC board to track the collection of territories by each player. I even went as far as spray painting those ceramic tile separators that you use to space ceramic tiles apart as you lay them, as Helicopters, they could carry 1 inf each and attacks at 2 and defends at 2. Also used red golf tees as nuclear rockets and green golf tees as germ warheads and blue ones as chemical weapons.
    Had a range of upgrades that a player could by that was kept track of by “cards” I printed out on my printer: Upgrades ranged from the normal Jet Airplanes, Long Range Bombers, to Heavy Armored Tanks that would attack at 3 and defend at 3, all the way to rocket technology that allowed a Super Sub to carry 1 nuc, chem, or bio weapon, or drag the rockets around with a AAA gun. Field Medics that had a chance to save some of your hit inf, or Mechanics that could save some of your hit Armor or Fighters. There was a list of about 20 different upgrades.

It’s been such a long time since I played it, the friends I use to play it with all moved away, and even though I still have the game intact, it collects dust above my bookcase. But it was very fun and very strategic game play…glad you all reminded it of it…I just started playing the PC version of AA…which got me looking around the forums for some reason.

@mat:

THREE MAN CHESS!?!?

COOL!!! 8)

heck, I have seen 4 man

• @Guerrilla:

heck, I have seen 4 man

What about Star Trek’s 3-D chess?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m