• Thanks, this is my first Invention, so help is appreciated

• Nice map and good luck with the project!  I’d suggest putting the capital names in yellow rather than red so they’ll show up better against the colour of their background.

The presence of French Somaliland opens up the interesting possibility of putting some French units there for potential participation in the fighting.

• Customizer

Shouldn’t “Somalia” be called “Italian Somaliland”?  I don’t think that area was called Somalia until after the war, or whenever they got their independance.

• @CWO:

Nice map and good luck with the project!  I’d suggest putting the capital names in yellow rather than red so they’ll show up better against the colour of their background.

The presence of French Somaliland opens up the interesting possibility of putting some French units there for potential participation in the fighting.

Well, My idea is partially to use this as a trainer game, so the teacher plays the French, a minor role, and the other two are being taught.
    KNP: Yes, Yes but Somalia is to be further divided

• Does anyone know where to get detailed information on the campaign? Wikipedia only takes me so far.

• I don’t know much about the campaign but I would suggest starting a new topic in the WW2 history part of the site to learn more about it!  :-)

• Map 1.2

Untitled.png

• What happened to 1.1 :wink:

nice map though what program are you using to make it?  :?

• Apple’s Paintbrush-and it works great
    1.1 was a miserable failure which was never posted

• Oh I used Apple’s Paintbrush for my first map but then I downloaded Sketchbook express from the mac app store because I had a hard time downloading the paintbrush file onto the website, nice map though I am glad version 1.2 came out better than 1.1  :-) :lol:

• Map 1.3 (Final?)
    Spartan, I think we may be the only ones who care, but I really like these mini games. They’re fun to design and I kinda want to try Norway next. They’re both good for training, low-attention span friends, and travel
    I could train my friends to play A&A like this
    Basic Combat: East Africa
    Economics: Winter War?
    Naval/Air Combat: Greece
    Adv. Combat(Put it all together): Norway

Untitled.png

• Sounds good I was also thinking of doing operation torch and stanlingrad I was also thinking of making a box that can store all of the maps and pieces for these express games, that way in the car or whatever all the maps could be switched out, kind of an all in one gaming system! :-)

• Croesus, I like the map but sea zone 14 I think it is is unnecessary and makes Africa look to skinny. You might want to work on that.  :-)

• Just to be sure, you do know that that is lake Victoria, not the Atlantic, right?

• @Croesus:

Map 1.3 (Final?)
    Spartan, I think we may be the only ones who care, but I really like these mini games. They’re fun to design and I kinda want to try Norway next. They’re both good for training, low-attention span friends, and travel
    I could train my friends to play A&A like this
    Basic Combat: East Africa
    Economics: Winter War?
    Naval/Air Combat: Greece
    Adv. Combat(Put it all together): Norway

I think these express games are cool too

• The rules are tricky, but I have the setup about figured out.

• @Croesus:

Just to be sure, you do know that that is lake Victoria, not the Atlantic, right?

Yes, but not showing at least a little land makes it look a little weird…  :|

• This game looks great! I’m a big fan of the smaller campaigns that you never hear much about. I don’t think we’ve seen enough Italians or French. I’m also a big fan of Express Game: Battle for Greece. Looks good Spartan. If you are going to make another one I suggest the Winter War. It’s an interesting period in history. Also if not that Stalingrad would have me crapping my pants. I love Russians!

• Hey Ryan glad you like my map Winter War and Stalingrad are both on my list to do next!  :-)

• Stay back Spartan, Norway is mine

Iwo Jima and Okinawa are currently unclaimed

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m