• @cminke:

if a true neutrel is invaded do all neutrels become pro-other or will just the invaded neutrel become pro-other  i find that all of them becoming pro-other is un balancing and un hislorical. is ther a way ti fix this?

It’s unhistorical but not “unbalancing,” because then Germany would just invade Spain to get to Gibraltar and have better access to the Atlantic from paris

• Yes, unbalancing would be if you could just take over a true neutral with no ramifications.

• Since Russia and USA are technically neutral to start the game, does declaring war on either one bring the other into the war?  Like if Japan declares war on Russia, does the USA enter the war?  What if Germany and Italy declare war on Russia, does this bring the USA into the war?

• @Gharen:

Since Russia and USA are technically neutral to start the game, does declaring war on either one bring the other into the war?  Like if Japan declares war on Russia, does the USA enter the war?  What if Germany and Italy declare war on Russia, does this bring the USA into the war?

That is dealt with in the political situation section. When we say neutrals, we’re talking about the gray territories who  only have inf

• but if germany takes spain, russia can walkin and take 6 inf from sweeden,and 8 for turkey,ect.  is this true or am i getting the rules mixed up?   krieg can you explain to me the deal w/ true neutrels

• I understand you are talking about other neutrals but I am talking about the DoW rules, basically wondering if attacking Russia turn 1 with Germany and Italy would bring the USA into the war?  Also I know that taking a major factory reduces it to a minor, but does taking a minor reduce it to nothing?  Like no factory at all?

• @Gharen:

I understand you are talking about other neutrals but I am talking about the DoW rules, basically wondering if attacking Russia turn 1 with Germany and Italy would bring the USA into the war?  Also I know that taking a major factory reduces it to a minor, but does taking a minor reduce it to nothing?  Like no factory at all?

A DOW on either has no effect on relations with the other. Minors don’t get destroyed

• Thanks for the clarification, my friend and I finished our game this weekend and we were debating on why Germany and Italy should wait that long to attack Russia.  I also wasn’t sure about the minor factory take over, so thanks a ton.

• Official Q&A

@cminke:

but if germany takes spain, russia can walkin and take 6 inf from sweeden,and 8 for turkey,ect.  is this true or am i getting the rules mixed up?

Yes, it’s true.  If a strict neutral territory (not power) is attacked by one side, all strict neutral territories become pro the other side.

• Can an Italtian tank in Egypt blitz Jordan and activate Iraq on the same turn?

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

Can an Italtian tank in Egypt blitz Jordan and activate Iraq on the same turn?

No.  Only air units may move in both combat and noncombat movement.

• This is a bit of a Pacific question, but applies to Global as it came up in my global game. Also I read the entire official Pacific FAQ word for word and didn’t see this.

When exactly can kamakazi’s be used? If a ship is passing through a seazone with a kamakazi marker can I attack it with kamakazis? Or do you have to wait for a ship to reach its final destination before you can kamakazi it?

Basically I wanted to know if it can be used for blocking ship movement. We had a very heated debate about it in our last game. An allied fleet would move through Iwo SZ to reach Japan and the Japanese player would kamakazi the fleet on its way through and have that count as “combat” thereby making the Allied fleet have to stop and conduct combat and not be able to move past it.

The same goes for scrambling planes. Can they scramble to fight as a unit simply passes through its seazone. And if it does can the ship continue on its way (if it survives) or is it stuck there because it fought in a combat? The kamakazis were basically used in this way if its allowed.

• @ZehKaiser:

This is a bit of a Pacific question, but applies to Global as it came up in my global game. Also I read the entire official Pacific FAQ word for word and didn’t see this.

When exactly can kamakazi’s be used?

On any Allied turn FOLLOWING the first Allied turn when a “Kamikazi island” (Phillipines, Iwo, Oki, Marianas) has been taken by an Allied power.  Page 14, first sentence under “Kamikaze attack”!

If a ship is passing through a seazone with a kamakazi marker can I attack it with kamakazis? Or do you have to wait for a ship to reach its final destination before you can kamakazi it?

That’s a good question.  It appears that you can attack it, but I’ll defer this one to Krieghund.

Basically I wanted to know if it can be used for blocking ship movement. We had a very heated debate about it in our last game. An allied fleet would move through Iwo SZ to reach Japan and the Japanese player would kamakazi the fleet on its way through and have that count as “combat” thereby making the Allied fleet have to stop and conduct combat and not be able to move past it.

Brilliant.  Again, the rules aren’t clear whether you can or can’t, so Krieghund will have to answer this.

The same goes for scrambling planes. Can they scramble to fight as a unit simply passes through its seazone. And if it does can the ship continue on its way (if it survives) or is it stuck there because it fought in a combat? The kamakazis were basically used in this way if its allowed.

No, you definitely can only scramble when your sea zone is under attack (or the island it’s in, of course) This is very clear on page 14.  It’s the first sentence under “scramble”!

• Official Q&A

Both kamikaze attacks and scrambling occur at the beginning of the Conduct Combat phase, so all combat movement will be complete when they occur.  As a result, they may only occur in sea zones in which enemy units end their combat movement.

• @Krieghund:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Can an Italtian tank in Egypt blitz Jordan and activate Iraq on the same turn?

No.  Only air units may move in both combat and noncombat movement.

Judging from this answer I assume a tank can’t blitz out from his stack to capture an undefended territory and then move back with his friends as his second move.  Is this how it has always been in Axis and Allies?  The groups I play with have always allowed this.

• Official Q&A

Yes, it can.  Moving back into friendly territory is allowed as part of a blitz move, and always has been.

• @Krieghund:

Both kamikaze attacks and scrambling occur at the beginning of the Conduct Combat phase, so all combat movement will be complete when they occur.  As a result, they may only occur in sea zones in which enemy units end their combat movement.

Thank you!

Also I gamerman, thank you for your reply as well. I had written my question a couple times before posting, and in my original draft I mentioned that he activated the kamakazis by taking iwo, but then i deleted it during my editing.

That makes a bit difference. So it turns out the Kamakazis would have only prevented bombards and took a few wounds off of the fleet stack. Also one last followup.

In order for the kamakazis to prevent the bombard to they simply have to be used against the fleet as a whole, where even one kamakazi attack used on a ship (regardless of whether the target can bombard or not) prevents the whole fleet from bombarding? Or is it only the ships attacked themselves cannot bombard? So if a fleet had 3 bombard capable ships you’d have to use 3 tokens on each one respectively to cancel their bombard.

Thanks again to Krieg and everybody else (gamerman too!) who takes the time to help us eager global players!

• 1 kamikaze on any ship prevents all bombardments

• You can’t fly planes over the Caspian Sea, right?

• Official Q&A

Yes, you can.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m