• @calvinhobbesliker:

Well, can Rockets fire outside China? Wouldn’t this be inconsistent with China rules?

I wonder what the odds would be for China to get Rocket tech (if allowed), and also have an AA gun (that it owns) to fire. The only way china could own an AA gun is to take one from Japan in a battle. China doesn’t start with one, and can’t buy one either (Larry may change that, but for now no can do). So again what are the odds like 1 in 20, or 1 in 50 chance it could happen?

• Yeah, I know China can get hold of an AA gun, it would still be a rare occasion. Put that with the chance getting a break through (if don’t keep tokens), then rolling rockets? I don’t think the chances are over 300 to 1, but could be 100 to 1. IDK, I’m not a numbers guy, but someone could plug it in to some nifty formula. Not that it will matter anyway, I can’t see China being able to buy tech anyway. For the record, we will most likely use tech tokens from AA50, we liked that system.

• Another question about scrambling:

Let’s say I have 10 fighters in Japan and an american fleet attack me with an anphibious assault trough SZ6. Can I scramble just 1 fighter in order to avoid bombardment?

Thanks!

• Yep.  Better yet, you can use 1 Kamikaze and stop all bombardment (if Kamikaze’s have been activated)

• Official Q&A

China can’t research technology, which makes sense considering that it can’t build artillery without outside help.

• Yeah, saw that one coming, and that argument is as good as any. There are many to choose from.

• Kreighund, some more questions:

1. Can you fire as many rocket attacks as you have AAguns (in different territories) to different ICs???

2. For Heavy Bombers you need to roll each bomber separately and choose.  Otherwise if you roll multiple bombers at the same time, one could choose all the highest numbers at once.  This skews the probability greatly in favor of the attacker.

3. Only subs through Gib Strait???  Not trannies???  Danish strait allows NO subs nor trannies- is that correct???  And nothing goes throught the Turkey Strait right???  Please clarify again.

4. Players need to be careful reading the Political rules for global- its a maze at first.  Interesting that US can declare war at the END of round 3, USSR can only declare war at the BEGINNING of round 4.  Why is the reasoning behind this???  Why not at the same time???

5. Japan declares war on UK/ANZAC doesn’t pull the US into war.  At this point, the US has the option now to “choose” to go to war with Japan.  Am I reading this right.  Please clarify this political rule as it sounds a little different from Pac40.

Thanks in advance again. :-)

• Official Q&A

1. Yes.

2. Yes, each bomber must be rolled separately.

3. Nothing can pass through a narrow strait held by the enemy, with the exception that subs may pass through Gibraltar.

4. Larry wanted the US to get an income boost a turn before going to war if unprovoked.

5. Yes, and it’s the same in AAP40.

• By the way, the E40 rulebook is much better than the P40 one.  I can definitely see improvements from P40.  Hopefully by a 2nd print of both these games, they can perfect everything.  In both games, the Errata and such have really been minor.  Nice products! :-)

• Is North italy supposed to touch Paris?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Do zones 118 or 108 border Eire?
    Does Z106 border Newfoundland?
    Does Scotland touch Eire?
    Why can’t Germany use the Kiel Canal to move in/out of the Baltic when Denmark is captured?

• Some additional questions:

• Is it possible in the non-combat fase to convert a friendly neutral territory with only an AA-gun? I think so because it’s a land unit.

• Is it possible to cross the panama-canal with land units?  I think so because the canal lies within the territory just like the canal in Turkey. The rules don’t mention it although.

• Is it possible to cross the Danmark straight with a sub when Danmark is occupied with enemy units? I don’t think so because the rules only mention the gibraltar exception for sub crossing.

• @smutminer:

Some additional questions:

• Is it possible in the non-combat fase to convert a friendly neutral territory with only an AA-gun? I think so because it’s a land unit.

• Is it possible to cross the panama-canal with land units?  I think so because the canal lies within the territory just like the canal in Turkey. The rules don’t mention it although.

• Is it possible to cross the Danmark straight with a sub when Danmark is occupied with enemy units? I don’t think so because the rules only mention the gibraltar exception for sub crossing.

Welcome to the boards!

1. Pretty sure that’s not what they meant (has to be infantry, artillery, mech, or tank), but Krieg will confirm.

2. It’s in the rules.  It’s like Turkey - Panama is just one whole territory.

3. Gibraltar is the only exception, yes, so no subs through Denmark strait.

• Krieghund,

In Global, do you still remove a Japanese built industrial complex when liberating a Chinese territory or just knock it down to 3 if it is a 10?

UK NO’s: Doe these only go to London? If it is occupied can the no u-boat one be collected by India?

Thanks

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

Do zones 118 or 108 border Eire?

No.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Does Z106 border Newfoundland?

No.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Does Scotland touch Eire?

Yes.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Why can’t Germany use the Kiel Canal to move in/out of the Baltic when Denmark is captured?

Why add more complication?

• Official Q&A

@Autarch:

In Global, do you still remove a Japanese built industrial complex when liberating a Chinese territory or just knock it down to 3 if it is a 10?

It is eliminated.

@Autarch:

UK NO’s: Doe these only go to London? If it is occupied can the no u-boat one be collected by India?

They only to London.

• Just in time for my turn! Thanks!

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• On retrospect,i think ireland should be pro allied, in reality we were strict nutral,but we passed a lot of info to the allies,and as a result dalky(my town) was bombed by the germans in 1941,i think that scotland and ulster being attached will help the germans in sealion,cos britain will have to split their force to defend it,as for armys,i think ireland had a small professional army,with commanders that had combat experience from the war of independence and the civil war, some 20 years before.Any way i think all nutrals should have at least 1 infantry,because all nations had some king of deffence in ww2,and they will in my house rules,LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m