• You could always buy a research token… Those are 5 right?

• To be honest I think tanks should be 7.

Example:
    Infantry                has 1 for attack                has 2 for defense                                                          =3 (RWJ)
    Mech Infantry        has 1 for attack                has 2 for defense              has 1 extra movement            =4
    Artillery                has 2 for attack                has 2 for defense                                                        =4
    Tank                    has 3 for attack                has 3 for defense                has 1 extra movement            =7

• I prefer a 5 ipc tank but I can see the reasoning of 6 since we now have mech infantry. But a 7 ipc tank would be way too much at that point you should just get a man and an art. since they would both hit at a 2 and can absorb two hits as opposed to the tank that hits on a 3 and can only absorb 1 hit. I am okay with 6 ipc tank.

• I can see Dylan’s point on the cost though. Also makes 6 that much more justified in my eyes. 5 Was way too cheap, remember when they had 2 defense!? And they were still a bargain back then. Make them Defense 2 and I can get behind 5 IPC’s again.

• @ZehKaiser:

I can see Dylan’s point on the cost though. Also makes 6 that much more justified in my eyes. 5 Was way too cheap, remember when they had 2 defense!? And they were still a bargain back then. Make them Defense 2 and I can get behind 5 IPC’s again.

I don’t want them to be 2 again, you need a strong land unit on both offensive and defense, that you can rely on.

• In the end I totally agree that tanks should be 6 IPC.

• Tanks are much better at 6, so Germany does not try that backward “all tanks” buy in order to glitch the game.

The bean counters have been defeated finally and the glitch is gone.

• Hey, that’s the smartest thing you’ve said all day IL.

• @WILD:

Hey, that’s the smartest thing you’ve said all day IL.

I understood everything except “bean counters” and “glitch”.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@pusfilledwart:

it is strange…nothing costs 5 IPCs

Nothing costs 1, 2, 9, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, or 19 ipcs either.

or 21, 22, 3,001, 15,390, 4300, 113, 1/2….

• @Imperious:

Tanks are much better at 6, so Germany does not try that backward “all tanks” buy in order to glitch the game.

The bean counters have been defeated finally and the glitch is gone.

How can you glitch Axis and Allies if your following the rules.

• BY doing things like buying only tanks for Germany because the number crunchers say they are a better buy. I don’t necessarily believe this, but against Russia thats what they do.

• @Imperious:

BY doing things like buying only tanks for Germany because the number crunchers say they are a better buy. I don’t necessarily believe this, but against Russia thats what they do.

In Spring 42 I only bought Infantry once for Germany

Turn 1 40 IPCS: 13 Infantry
    Turn 2 43 IPCS: 14 Infantry
    etc.

Russia were scared.

• @Dylan:

@Imperious:

BY doing things like buying only tanks for Germany because the number crunchers say they are a better buy. I don’t necessarily believe this, but against Russia thats what they do.

etc.

Russia were scared.

Why? Inf are not really threatening. They should be frustrated that you have good defense, though.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@Imperious:

etc.

Russia were scared.

Why? Inf are not really threatening. They should be frustrated that you have good defense, though.

I was bigger then them!

• I have thought for many years that tanks should cost 6, I for one am very glad to see it happen.  I would like to see a light tank though, move 2, 2-2 or 3-2 or 2-3.  I need to play around with the idea more but I think it would be a great addition at 5 points.

• How about a heavy tank? Move 2, 4-4? It would be like the King Tiger, the Churchill, or the Stalin tank. It would cost 8 ipc, or 7…just a thought. By the way, my extra 5 ipc will go to tech research.

• @The:

I prefer a 5 ipc tank but I can see the reasoning of 6 since we now have mech infantry. But a 7 ipc tank would be way too much at that point you should just get a man and an art. since they would both hit at a 2 and can absorb two hits as opposed to the tank that hits on a 3 and can only absorb 1 hit. I am okay with 6 ipc tank.

Seconded!

• @lnmajor:

I think fighters are too expensive comparied to tanks. loose all your fighters, they are hard to replace.

Not at all! The biggest advantage of fighters over tanks is that you can use the in support of an infantry attack but then withdraw them to safety. Any tanks you use in such an attack would have to stay in that territory (unless you retreat of course, but then make sure you don’t actually end up conquering the territory. This is a good tactic in a limited number of cases only) and hence be vulnerable to a counterattack. You then lose more valuable pieces if your opponent attacks you with infantry + air support.

• Customizer

The only thing that makes tanks worth considering is the ridiculous movement allowance.  Tanks moved across the world at exactly the same speed as infantry; i.e. the speed of the train that was carrying them.

With sensible land movement rules 2 infantry would always be a better buy than 1 tank.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m