Global How do the Axis win the game?

• How the War is Won
    The Axis wins the game by controlling either any 8 victory cities on the Europe map or any 6 victory cities on the
    Pacific map for a complete round of play, as long as they control an Axis capital (Berlin, Rome, or Tokyo) at the end of that round.

So Im reading this that Germany/Japan can control 8 VC on the Europe map  they win or
    Germany Japan hold 6 VC on the Pacific map and they win.

Its not total VC’s like in the anniversary edition?

• '12

@Sir_Cala:

So I’m reading this that Germany/Japan can control 8 VC on the Europe map  they win or
    Germany Japan hold 6 VC on the Pacific map and they win.

That’s correct.

The victory conditions for the Allies are a little bit unfair in my opinion.  Since you have to have every Axis capital, the Axis powers can make the game drag out a very long time if they want to force the Allies to officially win.  For practical purposes the game is likely over if the Allies manage to take and hold even one Axis capital, so it would be nice if that alone sufficed, but even saying you need two is better than forcing them to have all three.  The all-or-nothing for the Allies is pretty much an attempt to force more history into the game when it doesn’t make the game any more fun to play.

• Any axis player that wanted to continue with 2 capitals gone is just being a jackass imo lol

• For practical purposes the game is likely over if the Allies manage to take and hold even one Axis capital, so it would be nice if that alone sufficed, but even saying you need two is better than forcing them to have all three.

This is almost a house rule.  If one of the Axis falls (Germany/Japan), we don’t see the point in continuing…unless we know the player can take it back and hold it (and wants to).  If it gets to that point though, its usually over and we’d rather start a new game and switch teams up.

• TripleA

I have won as the axis without a capital before. I won in the Pacific after losing Germany to UK (was not paying attention, gave uk 50/50 at Germany). Then I f’d up Japan, I had egypt with Italy already, volgograd, and all the vcs with Germany, just needed Russia… Lost Japan to America, it was hilarious, so I attacked Russia the following Germany turn and won, so that was that game.

Yeah you can totally lose a capital as the Axis and still win.

• @Cow:

I have won as the axis without a capital before. I won in the Pacific after losing Germany to UK (was not paying attention, gave uk 50/50 at Germany). Then I f’d up Japan, I had egypt with Italy already, volgograd, and all the vcs with Germany, just needed Russia… Lost Japan to America, it was hilarious, so I attacked Russia the following Germany turn and won, so that was that game.

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you have to have at least one axis capital with the axis for the win?

• '12

@snake11eyes:

@Cow:

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you have to have at least one axis capital with the axis for the win?

In the game as described this is still a win since it wasn’t stated that Rome was also lost.

• @Cow:

I have won as the axis without a capital before.

Was referring to this part.

• TripleA

Yes. I lost Berlin. Still won on the Pacific. You only need 1 of the 3 territories I thought? Same thing with Japan, lost that and won in Europe.

I think there was another game I lost Italy and ended up winning the Pacific.

Yeah you only need 1 axis capital. Does not matter which one, you can lose two others.

• There is a difference between beating a dead horse, and it aint over till the fat lady sings
    Some times the Axis can pull off a win when their down a capital and some times you have to take it on the chin and reset the board

• Good points, guys

Amazing story, Cow.  Although I’m a bit confused because you said you “won in the Pacific” and then “attacked Russia with Germany the following turn and won, so that was the game”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Gamerman01:

Good points, guys

Amazing story, Cow.  Although I’m a bit confused because you said you “won in the Pacific” and then “attacked Russia with Germany the following turn and won, so that was the game”

CALLING THE COWS OUT!!!

• '12

@Gamerman01:

Although I’m a bit confused because you said you “won in the Pacific” and then “attacked Russia with Germany the following turn and won, so that was the game”

Confusing yes, but the statements aren’t incompatible, since Germany could perhaps have taken Moscow while Stalingrad was untouched, giving Japan the official win in the Pacific.  It’s unclear what is meant exactly with attacked Russia… the territory, or the country?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What he’s saying is that he won in the pacific, even though America was in control of Tokyo.

I think that’s where the incompatibily lies…

If you clinically review the above quotation.  I think his error is that he states he won in the pacific.  When he actually means he won in europe, after losing berlin to the UK for a turn.  Unless he’s talking about two different games.

I may have the most decorated masters degree in bull sht at aa.org, but even I can only translate so much cow.

• That’s what I thought too, Garg.  Only Cow knows for sure  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m