• Enough with the Canada haters, now you want to strip away its VC. The only thing Canada did was help us (allies) win the war. Larry already alluded to the fact that Canada will keep its VC (which it should), and there will be others added like Cairo. I’m thinking besides the usual suspects, Cape Town and Kiev may be added as well.

I know the Canadian VC would be tough for the axis to get, but not impossible. Taking it away would be limiting the possibilities for an axis win. If they choose to take on N America they should be rewarded for it.

• The following is the list of victory cities. But first let me prefix the list with the following: In the Global game the Allies win the game by controlling the territories of Germany (Berlin), southern Italy (Rome), and Japan (Toyko) for a complete round of play, as long as they control an Allied capital (Washington, London, Paris, or Moscow).

The Axis wins by controlling any 14 victory cities for a complete round of play, as long as they control an Axis Capital (Berlin, Rome, or Tokyo).

The victory cities are:
    (in alphabetical order)
    Berlin
    Cairo
    Calcutta
    Hong Kong
    Honolulu
    Leningrad
    London
    Moscow
    Ottawa
    Paris
    Rome
    San Francisco
    Shanghai
    Stalingrad
    Sydney
    Tokyo
    Warsaw
    Washington

• IL

Are these offical vixtory cities or just what you think.
    If so, that means VCs are only for the Axis as the allies need to take all 3 capitals.
    If so, that good and HA.

• IL list is correct. it has been confirmed by larry on his website.

• Crap. I was really hoping for more VCs between Moscow and Berlin. Well there always house rules.

• warsw is in poland…theres one right there.

• But Russia won’t contest Warsaw (and if they are its game over for the axis). We really want vitory cities in places like the baltic strights and unkrine.

• BTW IL, has Minila made the cut for VC in the global game, because Larry did’nt say it on his site (I started the VC topic). Or just a mistake.

• its out.

Axis have to take most of the map except USA VC to win.

• If I had to drop one of the Pacific VCs I would have droped Shanghi. Far less lightly to be contest, and of far less importants. Thats thats a big blow to me IL.

• @WILD:

Enough with the Canada haters, now you want to strip away its VC. The only thing Canada did was help us (allies) win the war. Larry already alluded to the fact that Canada will keep its VC (which it should), and there will be others added like Cairo. I’m thinking besides the usual suspects, Cape Town and Kiev may be added as well.

I know the Canadian VC would be tough for the axis to get, but not impossible. Taking it away would be limiting the possibilities for an axis win. If they choose to take on N America they should be rewarded for it.

Exactly.  I agree with you entirely, I just don’t think the number of VCs the Axis should have to capture to win should be so high that they have to either take an Allied capital or invade North America.

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

@WILD:

Enough with the Canada haters, now you want to strip away its VC. The only thing Canada did was help us (allies) win the war. Larry already alluded to the fact that Canada will keep its VC (which it should), and there will be others added like Cairo. I’m thinking besides the usual suspects, Cape Town and Kiev may be added as well.

Exactly.  I agree with you entirely, I just don’t think the number of VCs the Axis should have to capture to win should be so high that they have to either take an Allied capital or invade North America.

There are 19 VC’s. Axis can just win by capturing all but West/East US, Ottawa, London, or Moscow

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@SilverAngelSurfer:

@WILD:

Exactly.  I agree with you entirely, I just don’t think the number of VCs the Axis should have to capture to win should be so high that they have to either take an Allied capital or invade North America.

There are 19 VC’s. Axis can just win by capturing all but West/East US, Ottawa, London, or Moscow

Well, that’s not bad, but I’m interested to see if the Allies can fight on in 1940 without USSR or UK so that the Axis winning by VCs is actually important, then I’ll be happy.  However, if it’s like 1942 or AA50 where since you have to take a capital regardless and once you have a capital and one of the Allies are out, the game is over, then VCs will still be worthless and there is no point to including them or paying attention to them.

I’ll still be happy with the game regardless, I just don’t see the point in having VCs at all if victory is dependent on capitulation regardless.  No one is actually going to keep playing 1940 all the way until the Allies have all 3 Axis capitals anyway, so I guess the point is moot as far as victory conditions go, but whatever…  Just my take on VCs.

• Well, I’m not too keen about this VC’s either. I remember back in the good old days when we played MB Classic edition. You won when you took the enemies capitals, simple and easy. There was also an economic victory condition, if the winning team wanted to choose one individual winner, and this too was easy to track, since you already tracked the IPC income, you just had to figure out who player gained most IPC income, and he was the winner.

• Axis only need 14/19 to win? some are going to be SUPER easy. Like the one in Poland, France, phillipeens, some are going to be TOUGH like Calcutta, and Ottawa.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Axis only need 14/19 to win? some are going to be SUPER easy. Like the one in Poland, France, phillipeens, some are going to be TOUGH like Calcutta, and Ottawa.

How is Calcutta tough if Japan can apparently capture it on the 3rd turn.

• Customizer

Are VCs really relevant?

That is, if the Axis needs to take that many haven’t they already won the game?

And if the Allies are even close to all three Axis capitals it’s already over, isn’t it?

The only valid role for these places is if one side can catch the other with their pants down by grabbing a set number of VCs early on, but this has to be a pretty small number to work, say starting VCs plus 3.

In my dreams, I still see long columns of tanks heading for the Moscow meat grinder.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Axis only need 14/19 to win? some are going to be SUPER easy. Like the one in Poland, France, phillipeens, some are going to be TOUGH like Calcutta, and Ottawa.

with other British income India might be harder to take. either way it’s a lot harder to take india then it is France.

• @democratic:

BTW IL, has Minila made the cut for VC in the global game, because Larry did’nt say it on his site (I started the VC topic). Or just a mistake.

@Imperious:

its out.

Axis have to take most of the map except USA VC to win.

Just to clarify, Krieghund did say Larry missed Manila on his list, it will still be a VC (19 all together). All 18 from AA50 + Cairo.

• @finnman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@idk_iam_swiss:

with other British income India might be harder to take. either way it’s a lot harder to take india then it is France.

Luckily they managed to mess that up as well. From what I’ve heard, India can only use the pacific side ipcs. so no help there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m