1942 2e Victory City flag standies

• These are pics of the 1942 2e Victory City flag stands I created.  These are my 2nd and final builds, the first being twice as tall with a flag that was about 3x the area of this final version. The first version, a prototype, was just too tall and big, often interfering with unit movement and prone to being knocked over.  I haven’t played with this smaller final version but, as you can see, I set them up for a short solo play to see if they interfered with unit movement. They didn’t get in my way during movement.

Close up of the flag stands. As you can see these are fictional flags for both sides, the 2 Axis powers and the 3 Allies powers. My prototype build had flags that looked too similar to each other when scattered all over the map (shown below) so the final version has more striking differences.  The flags with bulbs at the top are for nation capitol cities.

Flags on Victory Cities around Asia and the South Pacific:

Europe close up:

Full map:

Pics of the prototype flags. I didn’t take any pics of when they were mounted on the flagpoles:

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Those are cool. It is a very interesting take having all the Allied and Axis flags on a single banner.

Don’t know yet if I prefer that style, or would rather have each individual nation’s flag… But either way they look really great.

• @LHoffman:

Those are cool. It is a very interesting take having all the Allied and Axis flags on a single banner.

Don’t know yet if I prefer that style, or would rather have each individual nation’s flag… But either way they look really great.

The reason I chose a unified flag was to make it as easy as possible to quickly see which side holds a Victory City. Sure, having a flag for each nation wouldn’t be too difficult, but this is a little bit easier.

EDIT: grammar!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Are these for sale?  Or can you explain how you made them?

Even if there was just RED for Axis, and BLUE For allies, this is still awesome!

• @Gargantua:

Are these for sale?  Or can you explain how you made them?

Even if there was just RED for Axis, and BLUE For allies, this is still awesome!

Not for sale. I’ll upload the files to BGG within a week and explain how I made them. In short I bought some model train power poles, chopped off the tops of the poles, printed my flag on label paper, and wrapped the flags around the poles. The capital tips are nuts I had in my junk collection, and are super glued to the top of the pole.

• I finally had the chance to upload the flags used in the pics above.

BGG link to Victory City Flags.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m