Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• '12

@Viracocha:

Supertrooper - no, Allwork’s excellent paint jobs are on BGG’s Pacific and Europe 40’s.  But BGG has some nice stuff in the AA50th area as well (Capt. Kiwi’s and Sam Hill’s come to mind).

Yeah, thanks…wasn’t by my computer to check my reference…

• So AW hasn’t posted here since May this year, anyone know if he’s still painting mini’s? I’d assume somethings caused him to stop if it’s been this long but I was really interested in purchasing some, just afraid I missed the boat is all.

C

• Customizer

Life’s busy, busy, busy… Good times! I’m actually working on custom sets for other people now and have hardly had time to work on my own set. I still plan on finishing it, though I may just end up using the FMG pieces as they come out. I’m still taking orders if anyone is interested (and if anyone emailed me and I didn’t reply, please try again - my email got hit hard by spam for some reason for a couple months and I may have missed any inquiries).

I’ll be sure to post new additions to what I’ve already painted as I go (even if they’re not for my set). Thanks for everyone’s enduring interest!

• That’s kind of creepy… Not a peep for 6 months, then I ask for you to appear and BAM! Like greased lightning!

Do you know where Jimmy Hoffa is?

• Customizer

@Carnage:

Yeah - Allwork found him and encased him in plastic, then proceeded to paint him in urban camo  8-)

• '12

@Viracocha:

@Carnage:

Yeah - Allwork found him and encased him in plastic, then proceeded to paint him in urban camo   8-)

ROTFL!  :-D

• Customizer

@Viracocha:

@Carnage:

Yeah - Allwork found him and encased him in plastic, then proceeded to paint him in urban camo   8-)

PLEEEEASE… It was a Far East scheme - I had to match him with Lennon and Elvis.

• Customizer

Eh eh eh - nice.

You start working on any of FMG’s yet Allwork?

• Customizer

Viracocha,

I’ve sent him my FMG Italian Infantry units.  And whenever HBG gets a re-stock in I’ll send him the Aircraft & Ships, too.  I’d already sent him a couple of HBGs
    US Marine Sets along with some other “stuff”.  His paint jobs are AWESOME!

He’s painting some Marine Raiders, regular Marines, and UK Infantry with “Union Jack” insignias painted on their bases(for use as Calcutta-based UK-Pacific forces).  Check our thread “EXPANDED A&A–THE NAVAL SERIES  Coral Sea and the Solomons Campaign” in about a week or so for some pics of them.  They should look really COOL!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Excellent - look forward to seeing the pics!

• Customizer

Viracocha and others,

I’m (hopefully) going to post a “link” for you to use to get to the “Solomons game” thread.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24848.0

I hope I did this correctly and it works for you.  I’m also looking forward to my painted units,…especially the Marine Raiders.

“Tall Paul”

• This thread has inspired me to break out the paints…

I’m almost finished France. Is this an appropriate thread to post to or should I create a new one to show some photos?

• Customizer

UK Union Jack Infantry (in Far East garb)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Amazing!

• '16 Customizer

What exactly is the difference of the Union Jack infantry as opposed to your regular British roundel troops… I know both insignia are acceptable, but do you use it for differentiating between Europe and Pacific?

Beautiful work by the way… an oasis in a desert…you haven’t been on in a while!  :-)

• Superb!

Do you think the Mods should create a category for us to post painted minatures in one place? Anyhow here is my first stab at A&A pieces. I started with France because no-one ever shows France and since I only own one set and we are playing right now French pieces aren’t being missed on the board :-D

I’m trying to attach a couple of photos. We’ll see how that goes. I’m not allowed to post links yet

IMG-20111116-00005.jpg
    IMG-20111109-00243.jpg

• Here are desert scheme armour and mechs and artillery…

IMG-20111110-00266.jpg
    IMG-20111110-00265.jpg

• More armour - desert and regular scheme…

IMG-20111110-00264.jpg
    IMG-20111109-00251.jpg

• Regular scheme armour, French Navy and a Carrier with Regular scheme airforce and then another with Desert Scheme…

I’ll upload some more of the rest of the Navy and Airforce Later

IMG-20111109-00244.jpg
    IMG-20111109-00246.jpg

• Customizer

Spitfire38 and Others,

Since you asked WHY they were painted I can answer that.  The reason I had Chad paint these UK-Pacific based(Calcutta) Infantry for me is simple.

Since the UK-Europe(London) and UK-Pacific(Calcutta) units are FINANCIALLY separated,…
    I also wanted them to LOOK different.  I call these UK-Pacific Infantry units “Jacks” because of the “Union Jacks” painted on their bases.  I think that these “Jacks” not only serve their purpose,…but they look really COOL, too.  Chad is an Awesome painter and did a magnificent job on these.  It seems to be “Tea Time” in Calcutta!!! haha.

Stay tuned for the up-coming US Marine Raiders, US Marines and several other cool units that Chad’s painting for me.  I’ll post some pics of these and other units he’s painting on our Solomons Campaign thread.  Here’s a link:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24848.15

By the way,…I REALLY liked everyones pics of their painted units.  Really nice work guys.  Keep up the good work!

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m