• so playing more games im starting to see research is advantage to allies exspecially heavy bombers  or longrange aircraft…is that why research is in the game and heavy bombers? to balance out the axis and allies? it seems like the usa almost has to hit something good down that second chart to get going…  what does everyone else think?

• I don’t know that tech means Allied Adv. Pointing out the obvious, both sides have a chance to research. I’m of lesser experience in Anniversary than many on here so I could easily be wrong. There are some great techs for Germany too - Heavy Bombers, Long-Ranged-Aircraft, Paratroopers, Mech Inf, Increased Factory Production. The first 4 I listed could win the game on that turn by increasing the firepower that could make it to a potential fight. A Soviet stack could be demolished, an Allied navy introduced to Davey Jones, or London razed by German Paratroopers.

• With Japan’s treasury, they are probably best positioned to keep buying tech until they gain an even bigger advantage.

• '16 '15 '10

I don’t know if tech helps the Allies more on average, but it definitely makes it more plausible for the Allies to win the game.  For one thing, heavies for USA remains the most dominant tech in the game.  With heavies and paras just about any defensive position can be dismantled eventually.

On the other hand, if Axis lands a bad-ass tech, the game tends to be over quick.

I’d say tech favors Allies slightly because the Allies have more cash at the start for tech rolls.  Probably not enough to even out the game though, but I haven’t played enough tech games to say for sure.

• She wants to pull out instead of push in and shes worried about the research behind the Daily 5 and the CAFE?  All of the research says you push in - whether you make 95K or 9500

• TripleA '12

She wants to pull out instead of push in and shes worried about the research behind the Daily 5 and the CAFE?  All of the research says you push in - whether you make 95K or 9500

Eh? Sorry Utifori09, but I didn’t understand a word of that.  :?

• I echo Tim and Fleetwood Dan.  They make great points.
    Doesn’t matter that much if you’re talking '41 or '42.  Zhukov seems to be referring to '41, the fantasy scenario.  Even in '41, with less “cash”, I am known to buy 3 researchers J1.  They have all the units they need, but how much more powerful if they can get their 9 fighters to be long range or jets?  I’ve taken Hawaii in J1 in '41 with jets before.

Packrat, long range air with USA or Japan is devastating.  In my experience, it’s more potent than heavy bombers, with those powers.

In my experience (at least 30 tech games) tech does not favor one side over the other.  They can both afford their researchers, and both sides, as pointed out, get huge boosts from certain techs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m