• '10

I read a lot messages in this forum and played a few games with my comrades.

After all I came to the solution, that A&A Pacific 1940 is a great game, balanced, with many ways to achieve victory for the axis or allies.

Shure I’am a bit bored about only six jap tac bombers, but I simply painted a few jap figther planes an use them as Kate torpedo planes.

With ANZACS came a new allied player.

Two new units, tac bombers and mech infantry.

Simple convoy rules. Ports and airbases, etc.

I love this big game board. Beautyfull design. There is enough space to place your units and it’s fun to play on it.

I say: Thanks to Larry Harris for this game!  :lol:

…and please don’t let us wait too long for A&A Europe 1940 and the Blitzkrieg. :wink:

• I concur.

• I agree
    too much of this forum is dedicated to what we dislike and not enough to the good

I do like the huge game board but don’t know where I will play the world edition
    my dinning room table

• @Fighter212:

I agree
    too much of this forum is dedicated to what we dislike and not enough to the good

I do like the huge game board but don’t know where I will play the world edition
    my dinning room table

Just buy a bigger house. :-D

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@marechallannes:

I read a lot messages in this forum and played a few games with my comrades.

After all I came to the solution, that A&A Pacific 1940 is a great game, balanced, with many ways to achieve victory for the axis or allies.

Shure I’am a bit bored about only six jap tac bombers, but I simply painted a few jap figther planes an use them as Kate torpedo planes.

With ANZACS came a new allied player.

Two new units, tac bombers and mech infantry.

Simple convoy rules. Ports and airbases, etc.

I love this big game board. Beautyfull design. There is enough space to place your units and it’s fun to play on it.

I say: Thanks to Larry Harris for this game!  :lol:

…and please don’t let us wait too long for A&A Europe 1940 and the Blitzkrieg. :wink:

Ditto!

• Yep…this might be the best A&A game to date…Europe is going to be awesome and the combined game should be the ATOM BOMB!!!

• Yes this is the best A&A game so far, its not perfect, but it is the best so far.

• I agree, this game has a lot of options and improvments over the old Pacific game, which was well liked.

• I thoroughly enjoyed it. Those boxes that everyone didn’t like….Well compared to my revised they are a notch up. The options with Japan are astounding, at least without the soviets parked up North. I will actually be able to fit the global game on my kitchen table but will have to use tv trays for players. The naval and airbases are somewhat new to me and I had remember to use them. I had a lot of fun moving the Japaneese fleets about, stacks and stacks of chips. I might end up using the marshalling cards from revised.

The only complaints I really have are the lack of tacs, no ipcs, and the rule book. I plan to use some AAM pieces with this game.

• @Razor:

Yes this is the best A&A game so far, its not perfect, but it is the best so far.

AAE40 will be the best when Sweden has IPC value higher than Norway

• I purchased this game the day it came out, and have no regrets! Sure there are small issues, but the game itself is very challenging and fun! Looking forward to the global game

• I also agree.  The addition of tac. bombers and mec. inf. is cool.  Plus all the other changes to the game are good.  Which add a whole new realm of realism to the game.  Two cheers to Larry and his crew to another great axis and allies game.  :-D

• I’ve played two games now.  It is very nice.  I can’t wait to get Europe when it comes out.  The balance to the game is such that the surface has barely been scratched as to tactics.  I do think it’s ever so slightly in Japan’s favor as the USSR isn’t there.

Two things that my group has adopted:
    a)  You can scramble from an airbase when the seazone is attacked regardless of whether it’s an island or a territory.
    b)  If you start the game with one of your NO’s met - UK w/ Hong Kong and Malaysia, US w/ Phillipines, China w/ Burma road - you get the IC boost in addition to your starting income.

• welcome aboard my friend…may your dice always roll true…

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I’m in the zone… and feelin’ it. I love the concepts in this version. So far, the ultimate A&A.

• @zarnak

So you guys are taking a game that most people already believe is Allied favored, and making it even more so?

I pity your Jap player

• @Variable:

I’m in the zone… and feelin’ it. I love the concepts in this version. So far, the ultimate A&A.

i second that motion

• I agree. AAP40 is absolutely awesome.

My only gripe is that I don’t have enough people to play face-to-face with. lol. It seems Northeastern Indiana is a deadzone for A&A players.

Can’t wait for a working version of this game on TripleA.

• @MaherC:

@zarnak

So you guys are taking a game that most people already believe is Allied favored, and making it even more so?

I pity your Jap player

In my second game Japan overran India by turn four.  China lived to turn 7.  That’s with the first turn income NO boost.  Japan owned the Dutch East Indies for a good while.  It’s income matched US/ANZAC put together and it was a nail biter for a good while with Australia repulsing attacks.  He finally made a tactical error with his navy that allowed the economic seesaw to finally move towards the allies.  With the DEI, China, and India Japan has an income in the mid-70s.

Besides- if China is at war with Japan since 1937 and gets 6 bonus IPC for having the Burma road open - and it’s open to start.  Why not?  And the scramble rule as is is not popular either.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m