• Can the United States collect the IPC income of the Dutch East Indies Islands if the U.S liberates them from Japan?

• I believe so, but only if they liberate it from Japan.

• I don’t know…  maybe someone can help us.

• I am pretty sure the money goes to UK and or ANZAC even if USA takes them. UK and ANZAC can take them and still remain neutral with Japan, but if Japan takes any of them, they are at war with UK and ANZAC and no matter what USA on turn 3.

• Original owner would be dutch, since they do not matter it would go to whomever takes it logically.  Kind of like how if someone liberates soviet territories after moscow falls in aa50, the liberator takes possession.  UK/AN would not get the income, they have no ownership, the US would get it.

• this should definatly be in the fact sheet. It does not say that if UK or ANZAC take them and Japan retakes them and USA retakes them back… they now become USA income. MY feeling is these are UK ANZAC related properties and if any allied player owns them their income still goes to UK- ANZAC

• You could be right IL, i’m just going with a past case example of a similar situation in the rules, like when a capital is taken and that nations territory is liberated.  Anyway, how would you decide, UK gets celebes and AN gets new guinea would be common sense, but man that would be a pain in the butt rule and unnecessarily complicated.

• Kreig will iron this out in the FAQ sheet being prepared.

• I hope so, I just hope that the next rulebook for Europe is as good as the one for aa42, this is annoying.  ESP as face to face I have a hard time sometimes telling players just because the rulebook doesn’t say it, this is the way it is dangit!

• Love the game but, I think the rules are poorly written. Can’t wait for the FAQ.

• djensen says in his preview “UK and ANZAC are allowed to capture and occupy Dutch territories without provoking war.”

based on that (and other indirectly related things I have read), I would make these assumptions:

1- Japan conquering dutch territories provokes war
    2- US cannot occupy any dutch territory until it is at war (even if it is controlled by UK or AN)
    3- US can capture and occupy dutch territories once it is at war, and will control and collect income from it if it is captured from Japan or has not yet been captured by anyone.

• Official Q&A

@Vareel:

Original owner would be dutch, since they do not matter it would go to whomever takes it logically.  Kind of like how if someone liberates soviet territories after moscow falls in aa50, the liberator takes possession.  UK/AN would not get the income, they have no ownership, the US would get it.

This is the correct answer.  The only special rule regarding these territories is that UK/ANZAC may take control of them while they are still Dutch.  Once they are no longer Dutch, they are treated as any other territory of a country whose capital is held by the enemy.  Nice work, Vareel!

• Official Q&A

@Stoney229:

3- US can capture and occupy dutch territories once it is at war, and will control and collect income from it if it is captured from Japan or has not yet been captured by anyone.

The US may not take control of Dutch territories unless capturing them from Japan.

• @Krieghund:

@Stoney229:

The US may not take control of Dutch territories unless capturing them from Japan.

good to know, thanks again!

• @Krieghund:

@Vareel:

Original owner would be dutch, since they do not matter it would go to whomever takes it logically.  Kind of like how if someone liberates soviet territories after moscow falls in aa50, the liberator takes possession.  UK/AN would not get the income, they have no ownership, the US would get it.

This is the correct answer.  The only special rule regarding these territories is that UK/ANZAC may take control of them while they are still Dutch.  Once they are no longer Dutch, they are treated as any other territory of a country whose capital is held by the enemy.  Nice work, Vareel!

do the UK and ANZAC collect income from them if they move onto them before japan? And how does canada work?

• @Admiral_Thrawn:

Love the game but, I think the rules are poorly written. Can’t wait for the FAQ.

Oh great, cardboard pieces, misspelled words on box and rules, and now poorly written rules. And this was supposed to be a deluxe game.

• half of a deluxe game  :evil:

• @Brain:

@Admiral_Thrawn:

Love the game but, I think the rules are poorly written. Can’t wait for the FAQ.

Oh great, cardboard pieces, misspelled words on box and rules, and now poorly written rules. And this was supposed to be a deluxe game.

Don’t get me wrong. I thing the new rules for this game are great. They are just poorly explained in the manual. It leaves too many questions and scenerios unanswered and is vague about certain situations. The FAQ should resolve this soon. Really the only new rules I don’t like is the whole political situation of a 1940 game. All this could be bypassed if it would just be a Dec. 41’ scenerio.

• '19

Can Dutch New Guinea be invaded by Anzac or UK without starting a war.  It says dutch east indies but then dutch new guinea seems to fall in no mans land.

• From what I understand from the rules, Uk and ANZAC can take control of any Dutch territory’s without declaring war

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m