• Guys I was talking about the guy in the forum who doesnt play A&A at ALL! Of course you play the games face to face. Especially A&A 50, can you imagine trying THAT online? I wouldnt touch it. It would take out all the fun.

• There’s a ton of people playing Axis and Allies Anniversary edition online, I see like 10-20 games going on now.  I don’t know how they do it but people are doing it.

@idk_iam_swiss:

Guys I was talking about the guy in the forum who doesnt play A&A at ALL! Of course you play the games face to face. Especially A&A 50, can you imagine trying THAT online? I wouldnt touch it. It would take out all the fun.

• @cannon:

There’s a ton of people playing Axis and Allies Anniversary edition online, I see like 10-20 games going on now.  I don’t know how they do it but people are doing it.

@idk_iam_swiss:

Guys I was talking about the guy in the forum who doesnt play A&A at ALL! Of course you play the games face to face. Especially A&A 50, can you imagine trying THAT online? I wouldnt touch it. It would take out all the fun.

I really don’t think you know what you’re saying.  I’ve played several games of AA50 online, seamlessly.  What’s different about AA50?  Online playing rocks!  Playing face to face, I have to get a friend over here (not easy) and play 5 hour marathons at a time, separated by weeks.  Online, you can make a 10-20 minute move for a country at your leisure.  There’s plenty of trash-talking if that’s what you like.  And no arguing about dice landing in the wrong place and stuff.  Don’t knock it 'til you’ve tried it, dudes.

• I was talking about me personally.  I would have difficulty in keeping track of everything.  I would need to setup the board on the side to see what was going on.  I’m not knocking it, I’m just saying it is very confusing for me to play it online.

@gamerman01:

@cannon:

There’s a ton of people playing Axis and Allies Anniversary edition online, I see like 10-20 games going on now.  I don’t know how they do it but people are doing it.

@idk_iam_swiss:

I really don’t think you know what you’re saying.  I’ve played several games of AA50 online, seamlessly.  What’s different about AA50?  Online playing rocks!  Playing face to face, I have to get a friend over here (not easy) and play 5 hour marathons at a time, separated by weeks.  Online, you can make a 10-20 minute move for a country at your leisure.  There’s plenty of trash-talking if that’s what you like.  And no arguing about dice landing in the wrong place and stuff.  Don’t knock it 'til you’ve tried it, dudes.

• Cannon, I thought the same thing going into my first game.  For me, I soon found out I didn’t need the board on the side.  I guess it’s a matter of getting used to something.
    Also, my reply was intended more for swiss than u  :wink:

• @cannon:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Why join an Axis and allies forum and NOT play the game? That makes no sense.

I agree with both Jermofoot and Brain Damaged.  Face to face is more fun to play.  The dice rolls, the trash talk.  Also the online play is very confusing for me.  I may do but maybe in 4 years?

Not to mention the drinking!  And the strat discussions between rounds.

• I noticed that with drinking the discussions strays away from strategy and more into “let’s see some action and dice rolls.”

@Jermofoot:

@cannon:

@idk_iam_swiss:

I agree with both Jermofoot and Brain Damaged.  Face to face is more fun to play.  The dice rolls, the trash talk.  Also the online play is very confusing for me.  I may do but maybe in 4 years?

• lulz…i guess thats how they roll

• @Brain:

Countries should settle their differences over a game of Axis and Allies.

+1 as promised.

• 2007 AAR League

@cannon:

I was talking about me personally.  I would have difficulty in keeping track of everything.  I would need to setup the board on the side to see what was going on.  I’m not knocking it, I’m just saying it is very confusing for me to play it online.

@gamerman01:

@cannon:

@idk_iam_swiss:

I don’t think there is anyone playing online that still uses a board.  Abattlemap is pretty much the standard now.  It simulates the board, lets you move the pieces and keeps track of how much cash you should collect based on where you place your flags.  Maps are uploaded with your turn, so you don’t have to recreate your opponents moves.  The last person I can remember who was a die hard online board player was “He who must not be named”.

• Thats the first harry potter reference I have seen in months aplauds to you!

Snapes_on_a_plane.jpg

• Why does mentioning Harry Potter deserve praise?

• Because unlike the golden compass sereis this author had the decency to tie up any loose ends and eliminate ANY sequals. It ends well. the series does I mean. Its better than twilight and eragon. Dont even get me started about how crappy it is that he stretched it out into 4 books…

• Agreed, a trilogy means three books not four!!!  I didn’t buy the third book for Eragon because of that.  It was good light reading but not worth the money.

Can’t say anything about Twilight as I have not read any of the books.

@idk_iam_swiss:

Because unlike the golden compass sereis this author had the decency to tie up any loose ends and eliminate ANY sequals. It ends well. the series does I mean. Its better than twilight and eragon. Dont even get me started about how crappy it is that he stretched it out into 4 books…

• @cannon:

I noticed that with drinking the discussions strays away from strategy and more into “let’s see some action and dice rolls.”

@Jermofoot:

@cannon:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Bring out the Vodka and the Soviet Union!

• Bring out the Vodka and the Soviet Union!

The Soviet Union gave unions a bad name.

• Its okay cannon fodder you can LITERALLY skip book three the whole thing is TL;DR! It does almost nothing for the series and the main character is in the same spot her was in at the end of book two. you STILL dont know what the main bad guy freakin LOOKS like!

• Read Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan or Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind if you want some good reading.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m