• good work to everyone who is working on the ‘new’ 42 game.

is there a current file for abattlemap for 42?  if so could someone link it please.  i tried the one on the first page and the computer told me to piss off. :cry:

• @katfishkris:

the computer told me to piss off.

Could you be a bit more specific; the link’s working fine over here…

• oh jeez, nm,  apparently ‘piss off’ means ‘you are not doing it right, dumb *ss’.  i got it working now.  wow, that’s a little different.  it has been years since i played revised, and even then i only played a couple of times.  i am looking forward to playing now.

• @HolKann:

Allright, new update of the 1942 module, any complaints, suggestions or requests are welcome ;)

Great job again, thank you … looks even better than before as I think.

I’m going to edit my first post in this thread so it will be easier to find your post where you provide the files.

Thank you again.

:-)

• Just one issue after the first moves:

Maybe the seazones are colored a little too dark. On the darkest parts it is sometimes hard do identify the number of ships - because of black figures on a dark-blue background.

No big thing of course.

• Keep up the great work everyone.

Is there a way to make AA battlemap display what the pieces are when you move your cursor over it?

I made a mistake in thinking that the starting navy for Germany in Sz 5 was 2 subs, 1 cr, 1 trn.

No cr only dd!!!  :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

I hope I’m not the only one having this problem!

• @P@nther:

Just one issue after the first moves:

Maybe the seazones are colored a little too dark. On the darkest parts it is sometimes hard do identify the number of ships - because of black figures on a dark-blue background.

No big thing of course.

I was afraid it would be a little too much… I’ll simply lighten up the map a bit, tnx for bringing it up :)

@gnasape:

Keep up the great work everyone.

tnx :)

Is there a way to make AA battlemap display what the pieces are when you move your cursor over it?

I’m afraid not, ABattleMap is created by someone else (Attilla is his nick, hence the “A” in “ABattleMap”), and he doesn’t work on it any longer. The only things we can do is fiddle with a module or a map. If you wish, you could adjust the pieces files (=BigPieces.bmp and Toolpieces.bmp) so that DD’s and Cru’s look more different. This way, you won’t make the mistake again. It’s pretty hard though, we did our fair share of reshaping :roll:

• @P@nther:

I’m going to edit my first post in this thread so it will be easier to find your post where you provide the files.

Tnx! Though I’m afraid you’ll have to edit again, I’ve finally made the self installer, and included a whole bunch of modules, including the AA42 one, and put it in the AA50 modules thread (that one’s stickied :p ). Ow, also found out I had fixed that AAR map SZ numbering in the Pacific already a year ago 8-) , iirc, you we’re looking for it not so long ago. Anyways, it’s also in the AModulesPack.

• @HolKann:

@P@nther:

Tnx! Though I’m afraid you’ll have to edit again, I’ve finally made the self installer, and included a whole bunch of modules, including the AA42 one, and put it in the AA50 modules thread (that one’s stickied :p ). Ow, also found out I had fixed that AAR map SZ numbering in the Pacific already a year ago 8-) , iirc, you we’re looking for it not so long ago. Anyways, it’s also in the AModulesPack.

Great, thank you! I just edited the first thread. Now I’m curious to download and try out your masterpiece.

• Phantastic!

@HolKann:

@P@nther:

Just one issue after the first moves:

No big thing of course.

I was afraid it would be a little too much… I’ll simply lighten up the map a bit, tnx for bringing it up :)

So, as I see, you lightened up the Seazones a bit. What did you do with the .pdn to do this? Did you only modify the “Layer 25” or is there anything else behind it?
    I am just asking because you did not update the .pdn.

• Is AA42 Battlemap ready???

and is anyone beginning the AAP40/AAE40 Battlemaps???

Can’t wait to play all of these by forum!!

AA50 on this site has been great!!!

• @questioneer:

Is AA42 Battlemap ready???

Yes it is.

See
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12873.0

• @P@nther:

So, as I see, you lightened up the Seazones a bit. What did you do with the .pdn to do this? Did you only modify the “Layer 25” or is there anything else behind it?
    I am just asking because you did not update the .pdn.

Hmm, I don’t really remember… Tinkering with the brightness of the sea zones and the sea shade layers. And changing the blending options of the sea shade layers (overlay or normal instead of multiply, or adjusting the opacity)… Tried a few things 'till it looked right  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m