PtV Nikola1975 (axis+6) vs Max334

• @max334 said in PtV Nikola1975 (axis+6) vs Max334:

@nikola1975 You brought 2 subs to the battle, but only hits from my DD can be assigned to your subs. Any hits from scrambling planes can only be assigned to your planes unless you bring your own DD to the battle. I think thats the rule…Is that your understanding as well?

No, the hits from scrambling planes can be assigned to the attacking subs because the defender has a destroyer. Whether the attacker has a destroyer does not matter as to whether defending planes can hit attacking subs.

• @gamerman01 thank you, understood, but it just didn’t seem quite right for the attacker to be able to use the defenders destroyer to his advantage. If it was a cruiser instead of a destroyer then subs could not be taken as casualties from ftr hits; is that correct?

• @gamerman01 Can the attacker assign hits to his subs in this situation: Attacker attacks with 2 subs, a DD and 4 ftrs; defender defends with a cruised and 3 ftrs

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Again, here is the rule:
    Can’t Be Hit by Air Units: When attacking or defending, hits scored by air units can’t be assigned to submarines unless
    there is a destroyer that is friendly to the air units in the battle Page 33 from Europe rule book. Allies dd are not friendly to axis.
    The DD has to be friendly, if its hostile, then subs can not be taken as casualties.

@gamerman01 thank you, understood, but it just didn’t seem quite right for the attacker to be able to use the defenders destroyer to his advantage. If it was a cruiser instead of a destroyer then subs could not be taken as casualties from ftr hits; is that correct?

Yes. And yes, defending destroyers can work to the attacker’s advantage

@gamerman01 Can the attacker assign hits to his subs in this situation: Attacker attacks with 2 subs, a DD and 4 ftrs; defender defends with a cruised and 3 ftrs

NO, the defender can’t “see” the subs, and all the subs can do is attack the cruiser. Maximum number of hits have to be taken (defender can’t say the attacking fighters hit the cruiser if the subs score at least 1 hit)

Again, here is the rule:
    Can’t Be Hit by Air Units: When attacking or defending, hits scored by air units can’t be assigned to submarines unless
    there is a destroyer that is friendly to the air units in the battle Page 33 from Europe rule book. Allies dd are not friendly to axis.
    The DD has to be friendly, if its hostile, then subs can not be taken as casualties.

The DD is friendly to the defending planes. That’s what that means.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 6.1.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 destroyer, 1 factory_minor, 5 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 24 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Wake Island to 24 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 24 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 25 Sea Zone to Midway
            2 marines moved from Caroline Islands to 35 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 4 carriers, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters, 2 marines, 1 submarine and 3 tactical_bombers moved from 35 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            2 marines moved from 33 Sea Zone to Marshall Islands
            2 armour moved from Shantung to Southern Manchuria
            2 artilleries, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from 20 Sea Zone to Southern Manchuria
            1 infantry moved from Kansu to Northern Sinkiang
                  Japanese take Northern Sinkiang from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Inner Mongolia to Kansu
            1 infantry moved from Shansi to Inner Mongolia
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Shansi
            1 artillery moved from Shantung to Anhwe
            1 bomber moved from French Indo China to Eastern India
            1 armour moved from French Indo China to Shan State
                  Japanese take Shan State from UK_Pacific
            1 armour moved from Shan State to French Indo China
            1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Kwangsi
            3 fighters moved from French Indo China to Hunan
            1 mech_infantry moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangtung to Hunan
            2 tactical_bombers moved from French Indo China to Hunan
            1 fighter moved from Kwangtung to Hunan
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Malaya to Kwangsi
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Java to 43 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 43 Sea Zone to 38 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 38 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            1 submarine moved from 43 Sea Zone to 40 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from French Indo China to Eastern India
            1 fighter moved from Malaya to 132 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 43 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            1 cruiser moved from 43 Sea Zone to 132 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 43 Sea Zone to 132 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 43 Sea Zone to 38 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Japan to 33 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Strategic bombing raid in Eastern India
                    UK_Pacific roll AA dice in Eastern India : 1/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                1 bomber killed by AA
                Bombing raid in Eastern India rolls: 3 and causes: 3 damage to unit: factory_major
                Bombing raid in Eastern India causes 3 damage total. 
            Battle in 40 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 submarine
                ANZAC defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the ANZAC lost in 40 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 40 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 transport
            Battle in Marshall Islands
            Battle in Southern Manchuria
                Japanese attack with 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Southern Manchuria, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Southern Manchuria, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 artillery owned by the Russians lost in Southern Manchuria
                Japanese win, taking Marshall Islands from Americans, taking Southern Manchuria from Chinese with 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            Battle in Hunan
                Japanese attack with 4 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 3 tactical_bombers
                Chinese defend with 2 artilleries and 2 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 3 tactical_bombers in Hunan, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 4.17 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Hunan, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Japanese, 2 infantry owned by the Chinese and 1 artillery owned by the Chinese lost in Hunan
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers in Hunan, round 3 : 5/7 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 artillery in Hunan, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Japanese and 1 artillery owned by the Chinese lost in Hunan
                Japanese win with 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -1
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 fighter and 1 mech_infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 artilleries and 2 infantry
            Battle in 132 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
                ANZAC defend with 1 cruiser
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 fighter in 132 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 cruiser in 132 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the ANZAC lost in 132 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 132 Sea Zone from ANZAC with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 11
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 cruiser
            Battle in Sumatra
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                ANZAC defend with 1 marine
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Sumatra, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 marine in Sumatra, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 marine owned by the ANZAC lost in Sumatra
                Japanese win, taking Sumatra from ANZAC with 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 marine
            Battle in Kwangsi
                Japanese attack with 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Chinese defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Kwangsi, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kwangsi, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Kwangsi
                Japanese win, taking Kwangsi from Chinese with 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Midway
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Americans defend with 1 airfield and 1 artillery
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Midway, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery in Midway, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Midway, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery in Midway, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Americans lost in Midway
                Japanese win, taking Midway from Americans with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Sumatra to 132 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Eastern India to French Indo China
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangsi to French Indo China
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Hunan to French Indo China

Place Units - Japanese
            1 factory_minor placed in Malaya
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in French Indo China
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Shantung
            2 infantry placed in Japan
            1 submarine placed in 7 Sea Zone
            1 submarine placed in 6 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer placed in 6 Sea Zone
            Japanese undo move 6.
            1 submarine placed in 7 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 53 PUs; end with 53 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 56 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 61 PUs
            Objective Japanese 5 Pacific Airfields: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 66 PUs
            Objective Japanese 7 Vital Forward Bases: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 71 PUs
            Objective Japanese 2 Strategic Defense Perimeter: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : 0.33
    Americans regular : -0.67
    Japanese regular : -0.67
    UK_Pacific AA : 0.67
    ANZAC regular : -0.83

Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Those 3 trns in sz20 are within range of my bomber. How would you like to protect them

• @max334 I miscounted. Don’t worry, go on, mistakes are part of the game

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

Mistakes are part of the game, but I dont like taking advantage of an obvious oversight like that. You’ve allowed me to make numerous after the fact corrections and I’d like you to do the same. May I move one of your DD’s from sz6 to sz20.

• @nikola1975 Ok, thanks. Please do so.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

TripleA Move Summary: Americans round 6

TripleA Move Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 6.1.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 artillery, 2 carriers, 1 destroyer, 2 infantry, 3 submarines and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 infantry moved from Algeria to 94 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 94 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 95 Sea Zone to Southern France
            2 infantry moved from Hawaiian Islands to 27 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 27 Sea Zone to 49 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 49 Sea Zone to Gilbert Islands
            1 marine moved from Hawaiian Islands to 27 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 27 Sea Zone to 32 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 27 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Hawaiian Islands to 27 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 27 Sea Zone to 32 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 32 Sea Zone to Marshall Islands
            1 submarine moved from 27 Sea Zone to 32 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 32 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 32 Sea Zone to Marshall Islands
            1 destroyer moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 4 carriers, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 27 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Hawaiian Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 55 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Queensland to 33 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Queensland to 33 Sea Zone

Savegame

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

look carefully at this Nikola. You can scramble to the Marshall Islands, but also think about the sz33 battle. Remember that depending on how the dice go, I have the option of withdrawing and you can not land on damaged carriers and I I’m also trying to take away other possible landing spots.

• @max334 I am not sure how I keep missing some units in the Pacific and this is now again 83% battle in favour of Americans. I am counting something wrong… It seemed Japan had an initiative which I am losing round by round.

In any case, don’t scramble, we need all planes in the naval battle. When killing units in defense, pick casualties the same way you would do for yourself, ie. leaving planes place to land. You would probably kill one carrier in the round 1, but leave other intact for example.

• @nikola1975 8 hits Nikola. Sorry I really cant assign the hits for you. Its not an obvious kind of thing and I dont know what I’m going to do until after

• @nikola1975 as far as losing initiative Nicola I just wanted to say that that’s the way the game is set up axes have the initial advantage and strength and numbers but the Allies have the industrial advantage or money advantage. And you are right each round the axis loses initiative and if they don’t make enough significant gains they lose out to the Allies whose advantage is time

• @max334 Yes, exactly. It’s race against time for Axis. Italy seems to play very important role in PtV, because Soviets are too strong for Germans to do anything in first 6-7 rounds. If Italians can gain advantage in Mediterannean, it can work out nice for Axis, otherwise it is very hard. Do you have the same experience?

damage Battleship
    kill carrier
    kill sub
    kill 2 destroyers
    kill 2 tacticals

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

another 8 hits. How do you want to assign them. You had 6 hits. I sank 2 carriers and damaged my BB and 1 carrier,

• @nikola1975 to tell you the truth I dont pay much attention to those kind of things. My strategy for the Allies is to make everything as hard as possible for the Allies and also to become a real pain in the but by throwing as many wrenches in what I think their plans might be

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m