• Re: Air attack on defenseless transports?

I know that it is allowed to instantly kill the transport by just flying over the sea zone transport ship is situated in, however, I dont understand how is it balanced? Basically, I feel like only way to safely transport units with ships is by placing 1/2 carriers with 2 fighters each and also some destroyers to cover the costs if enemy air units manage to destroy any of my units. The worst is that I cant even hide my american transports on the east coast of USA as germany can just use a bomber to destroy the transport without any risk. Are there any house rules or recommendations how to play and avoid these problems?

• @sachmatkris

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Which edition of the game are you referring to?

• @panther Hey! Thanks for a quick reply, its axis and allies anniversary edition

• @sachmatkris

German bombers can’t reach the US east coast in a typical anniversary edition game.

Where are your german bombers taking off from at the start of their turn? Where are they landing at the end if your turn? How far are you allowing them to move in one turn?

I suspect this may be a source of your issue. In anniversary a small fleet is absolutely needed to cover a transport which is in range of enemy air units, but it is typically manageable. However, if you are giving air units freer movement than they are due it could very quickly unbalance the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m