Tigerman's Barbarossa Game now at HBG

• '16

Yeah, I have the rules printed out.
    Got the graphic PDF rules printed out like a sort of high quality magazine, it looks pretty nice.

Its just that people argue semantics about the rules because it Doesnt say that rain rules don’t apply to snow, so yeah.
    Its not fun when most of the game is spent arguing about rules.
    We know what the Snow rules are, they were just questioning if Snow effects were in addition to Rain effects.

And about the trains, it just seemed a little odd to give Germany such a boost is all.
    Guess Russia was too powerful in previous versions.
    (Which was another argument >.> …)

• Ya There was a few rule versions.

Been awhile but we ended up taking away some of the snow effects in certain turns. Don’t have chart in front of me. Something like turn 4 or 5. In each weather turn on chart remove some of the snows from chart and make them good. Always seemed the snow really slowed down the Germans in game.

Do you use the Advantage Charts with a deck of cards in game ?

I do have IL’s Eastern Front map and rules game for a long time. It just was brought up in the Other Variants and Games thread. Tigerman’s game game out and I decided to play that one. But I am going to get the Eastern Front map printed Thursday and start playing that game. Seems to be way more simpilified. Let me know if you play it.

• '16

I’ve only played with Murphy’s Law rules once.
    Not sure what to say about it, that was quite a while ago.

I don’t have IL’s Eastern Front map.

• Hi, i was interested in playing this game, but I am too young to be able to buy this game at HBG, so I took a picture of the map, made it looking nicer with GIMP and printed it out. However, there are a lot of errors and I want to reprint a flawless map. Because the pixels are so thick, I needed to redraw the names and borders, but I can’t figure out the names of some territories. Also I had a lot of ambiguity with the rules, can someone help me?
    To begin (I dont ask all my questions yet as I don’t expect anyone to reply to my message but whatever…), I have a question about Soviet IC’s. The rules state they can be destroyed by the Axis, but how and when? Upon capturing? At the end of the turn? At the end of the Soviet turn?

• @victoryfirst said in Tigerman's Barbarossa Game now at HBG:

Hi, i was interested in playing this game, but I am too young to be able to buy this game at HBG, so I took a picture of the map, made it looking nicer with GIMP and printed it out. However, there are a lot of errors and I want to reprint a flawless map. Because the pixels are so thick, I needed to redraw the names and borders, but I can’t figure out the names of some territories. Also I had a lot of ambiguity with the rules, can someone help me?
    To begin (I dont ask all my questions yet as I don’t expect anyone to reply to my message but whatever…), I have a question about Soviet IC’s. The rules state they can be destroyed by the Axis, but how and when? Upon capturing? At the end of the turn? At the end of the Soviet turn?

I have the map and last rules update was 4.0
    I may have map file but not. I’ll get back with u on your questions. And see if I have map file but probably not

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

This post is deleted!
  • '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Oh my Bad. I see a 5.0 rules now with new game.

I would think Germany can destroy the IC in combat phase on capturing the territory.

If I’m reading rule right Russia pays 10 icps penalty to bank for every IC destroyed per turn.

Hi, i was interested in playing this game, but I am too young to be able to buy this game at HBG, so I took a picture of the map, made it looking nicer with GIMP and printed it out. However, there are a lot of errors and I want to reprint a flawless map. Because the pixels are so thick, I needed to redraw the names and borders, but I can’t figure out the names of some territories. Also I had a lot of ambiguity with the rules, can someone help me?

Why not have Parents or a older family member get you the game ?

I doubt this is legal. I surmise you need to draw a map yourself (in a way that the game is substantially the same).

• @cernel I did, but I couldn’t find the name of some territories, and it doesn’t really matter as those territories are not very important, but I thought maybe someone could help me.

• @gen-manstein Well, mostly because I think they will not agree, secondly because the shipping costs are way too expensive, third I always try to do it for free first. If I can avoid spending a lot of money on just shipping cost I prefer to do it this way.

• @cernel And I did all the work by myself, and it is just for myself. If I spread this map out for other people that would be illegal, but I don’t think if I use it for my own purposes.

• Had a few questions regarding this game.

1. It says AA guns, supplies and trains are destroyed if targeted by SBR and hit. Was curious if 1 hit destroys all supplies/AA guns/or trains in a targeted zone or just 1 of them? The way it describes them in plural terms throws me off.

2. What happens when multiple generals meet in battle? For example 2 Russian generals meet 2 German generals in a battle, do you add their skill levels and roll ? Or do u only use the highest skill level and roll? And how is it decided which attribute is used or is the winner of roll able to use multiple attributes?

3. What are considered vehicles? For times when vehicles get a modifier to their roll. I was thinking vehicles would be all armor, mechs, SP artillery, and maybe tank destroyers but wasn’t sure. I figured SS grenadiers would be considered infantry since their counterparts for Russia are Guard Rifles.

4. I understand that all units being used for combat are moved in the combat move phase and then all units can be moved in the non combat phase, even those used in combat. However it specifically mentions aircraft are able to move up to their move limit during combat move and then must land in a tt that has been friendly since beginning of the turn. My question is : Are aircraft able to move in the combat move phase even if they aren’t going into combat and then land in the non-combat phase and if so do they need a supply to be used each time like other units?

I wasn’t sure about this since it seemed strange that aircraft could move their limit in combat move and then again in non combat move, but only if they are going into combat.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m