New HBG Airfield and Naval Base Markers

• Customizer

Tigerman,

The Air Bases that I’m talking about would be 95% flat. The only 3-D part of it would be the House (hanger/warehouse) glued to the top of one end of it just like in the pics of my earlier efforts, below.

The most interesting aspect of this would be the different graphics that could be produced to represent different “levels” of Air Bases. I was expecting that a player might place his aircraft on top of these Airbases and thus minimize the amount of room needed.

These would be inexspensive to produce and I believe that most, if not all players would buy these for their A&A games.

@Tigerman77:

If HBG makes these 3d bases im definetly buying sOme!

I’m ready to buy 50 Air Bases and 50 Naval Bases RIGHT NOW!

“Tall Paul”

What do Ya’ll Think?

DSC01725.JPG

• Tall Paul, i think they look great, on a huge custom made map im sure they would work great too. But on the OOB G40 map there is not room for these.

Btw the bases are EXCELLENT!!!

So much better than the cardboard ;)
    Great work HBG

• Customizer

“Crust”,

If you prefer the smaller “Symbols” for you Air Bases, that’s great! Buy them.

I had stated earlier that it is expected that units would be placed ON TOP of the runway area of the Air Base leaving the House (Hanger) the ONLY thing not covered. This way, it would be EVEN SMALLER than the “symbols” you favor.

Think About It!

“Tall Paul”

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Tall Paul,

I think these look really cool and I’m thinking of putting something like this together for my '39 map. Where did you get the “houses”; monopoly?

Anyway, a game is planned for this weekend. I may try experimenting with your airfield idea if I can get the new Italians, Marines and GHQ stuff painted in time. I did get the Litco airfield markers from HBG and they look good (a lot better than the OOB pieces) but, like you, I prefer 3D stuff if I can make it/get it.

Do you have any suggestions for fortifications? I make my own now, but I’m not completely satisfied.

• Customizer

Koba,

I got the “houses” from HBG. I believe they originate from the “Monopoly” game.

I got the “Cardboard Airfield Marker” from HBG also. they originate from the “A&A-Guadalcanal” game. I’m POSITIVE that these are currently OUT-OF-STOCK.

I’ve been speaking with the “Coach” for about a week and he thinks that he should be able to make these Air Bases like I’ve been describing above. He is somewhat enthusiastic about them and believes he might make a small run of them with a target price of approximately .50 each. Whether they are cardboard or hard plastic(like his new AB symbol) doesn’t matter to me,…as long as they are rectangular and the same size as the AB’s from the Guadalcanal game.

IMHO, I believe these would be very useful to ANY & ALL A&A gamers, whatever particular game they were currently playing.

“Stay tuned”

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Koba,

As far as Fortifications,…HBG list the ones from the
    “D-Day”-A&A game on their site, but I think they’re out-of-stock.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always believed that SOMEONE should make a Set of 3-D Fortifications, Air Bases, Naval Bases, Major and Minor Industrial Complexes, etc. IMHO a set like this would be a GUARANTEED SUCCESS from the very start and sell like hotcakes.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think most players also hate the cardboard cr** that we get in the games. So far I’ve replaced my Major Industrial Complexes(see pic below) and the Minor I.C.'s “are in the works”.

“Tall Paul”

major_ic.jpg

• Customizer

The Minor Industrial Complexes will look a lot like the one on the right of this pic.

I hope these pics might inspire you a little toward making/painting your Air bases and whatever else you want.

“Tall Paul”

factories1-1.JPG

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Thanks Tall Paul, this stuff looks really good.

I’m going to experiment with fortifications before game time this weekend. I’m thinking about making some small scenes with tank obstacles, bunkers, wire, etc. sort of along the lines of your airbases.

I’ll be following HBG close to see what they come up with.

• the symbols i like as you call them paul work great because you can put everything on top of them lol, your argument makes no sense,

if someone were to make a much larger version of OOB G40 then i would actually prefer pieces for bases

• Customizer

“Crust”,

I’m glad you’re happy in whatever you choose. Truly, I am.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it’s completely unrealistic for you to say that you can put units on top of your FLAT Air Base “symbols” that are approximately 1/2" square……

But that I can’t put units on top of my FLAT Air Bases that are approximately
    1/2" x 1 1/2".

I mean, FLAT is FLAT. Is it not? The only thing that isn’t FLAT on my Air Bases is the House (hanger), and it is tiny. Please refer again to the pics of my FLAT prototype Air Base(pic below).

I have no problem with anyone voicing their opinions, in fact I encourage this. And I’m not trying to change your opinion here. But look at the facts and have a realistic opinion based on the facts.

Respectfully,
    “Tall Paul”

DSC01725.JPG

• Customizer

This Air Base looks pretty FLAT to me! Could probably put 2(two) aircraft or 2(two) tanks on there! In fact, the runway is THINNER than the Air Base “symbols” that HBG has made. Check this out.

“Tall Paul”

DSC01724.JPG

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I think what Uncrustable is getting at Paul is the markers are completely flat and you can totally cover them, thereby taking up 0 space with the marker itself. Your bases, no matter what, will still take up the amount of space needed for the footprint of the monopoly house.

• Customizer

I completely agree. But that isn’t what he said.

And the House(hanger) has a very small “footprint”, about the same size as the base of an Infantryman, only square instead of round.

It’s simply a choice. No space used and a “Symbol”,……OR
    A tiny space used by a more 3-dimensional representation. Pick whichever one you like.

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m