• I actually enjoyed Episode I, although some of that had to do with waiting in line for hours with friends, the excitement by all the attendees (many dressed up) & reactions to the new movie, and calling in “sick” to high school the next day because it was a midnight showing.  :evil:

And I did the same thing with Episode II, but not III.  I would say II is the worst of the entire series, but III made up for it in some ways.  The progression of Obi Wan and Anakin (even though you knew exactly what was to happen with him), and just how the explained how we got to Episode IV.

Yeah, there is a lot of kitsch in there, but for a sci fi series it was still pretty entertaining.

• Star Trek movie are better than Star Wars as group.  First Star Trek was bad.  Star Trek II was very good.  More good Star Trek than bad.  I vote Star Trek.  Star Trek last longer than other series listed.  Start movies 25 years ago and new one coming in summer.  No other choice last so long.

• The first ST was one of the best. It just had a plot that was more thought provoking and not so much battle scenes. I saw that movie the first day and to me it was kinda close to 2001.

With Khan it was a 2 hr replay of that episode in the series.

The worst movie was when Lt. Uhura ate too much and got those huge thunder thighs and tried to dance on the hill for Dr. Mckoy because she fell in love or something. God that was the worst moment in movie history.

• I see first Star Trek recorded.  It was long series of special effects.  It pretty but it not really make film good.  Long trip into Voyager was many scenes that not advance movie.  Star Trek The Motion Picture was 30 minute movie with 2 hours of special effects scene that not mean much.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

I actually enjoyed Episode I, although some of that had to do with waiting in line for hours with friends, the excitement by all the attendees (many dressed up) & reactions to the new movie, and calling in “sick” to high school the next day because it was a midnight showing.  :evil:

And I did the same thing with Episode II, but not III.  I would say II is the worst of the entire series, but III made up for it in some ways.  The progression of Obi Wan and Anakin (even though you knew exactly what was to happen with him), and just how the explained how we got to Episode IV.

Yeah, there is a lot of kitsch in there, but for a sci fi series it was still pretty entertaining.

The space battles were lacking but some of the Jedi fights and army battles were entertaining. The problem is that there weren’t enough of them to distract me from the rest of the garbage  :-D.

It was such a letdown to watch Episode II after being disappointed by Episode I. I gave Lucas the benefit of the doubt after Episode I saying he was rusty but thinking he would find his groove for the next 2 and, when Episode II was just as bad, I almost didn’t want to see Episode III.

I just watched Star Wars recently and I realized just exactly how superior the first 3 were to the last 3 in every respect except the special effects. It’s like they tried to cover up bad acting and a bad story with flashing lights and pretty colors.

• I like Episode III, it’s almost as good as the ancient ones (and could be even better without that guy as Anakin), but I like political talk too much  :-D And don’t blame episodes I or II too much, at least they are better than Indiana Jones IV

Oh, I voted Star Trek. First Contact is my favourite of the series  :-)

• @U-505:

The space battles were lacking but some of the Jedi fights and army battles were entertaining. The problem is that there weren’t enough of them to distract me from the rest of the garbage  :-D.

It was such a letdown to watch Episode II after being disappointed by Episode I. I gave Lucas the benefit of the doubt after Episode I saying he was rusty but thinking he would find his groove for the next 2 and, when Episode II was just as bad, I almost didn’t want to see Episode III.

I just watched Star Wars recently and I realized just exactly how superior the first 3 were to the last 3 in every respect except the special effects. It’s like they tried to cover up bad acting and a bad story with flashing lights and pretty colors.

Well, I do think that Lucas had a steeper hill to climb in order to please the audience.  They do seem a bit more “kiddish” but they had Ewoks (and their own movie) in Ep. VI which is really no different.  Jar jar was a bit annoying, but I figured there had to be an annoying species in the Star Wars universe, lol.  I really liked Qui Gonn (big fan of Liam Neeson), young Obi Wan (I think Ewan McGregor aged himself and Obi Wan well through the first trilogy), and I think Ep. 1 had the best villain next to Darth Vader himself - Darth Maul.  In fact, he did the best performance as a villain from his martial arts background, Ray Park I mean.  I thought the pod racing was pretty cool, although did seem a bit weird for Star Wars.  Can’t forget Natalie Portman…yum (although her acting is crap throughout the series).  Ditto for Hayden Christenson or however you spell it.

Ep. 2 was just filler and seemed rushed, as were parts of Ep. 3, but I felt it wrapped it up satisfactorily.  Watching Obi Wan tell Anakin - “I loved you, you were my brother” really is powerful when you think about the whole story (I feel that after the first trilogy it’s more about Anakin & then Obi Wan than anyone).

Honestly I thought the space battles were some of the best parts to show off the special effects.

On another note, I’ve briefly watched some of the Star Trek movies, but the new one looks very appealing to me.

• I think that in a lot of ways Star Wars got a bad rap just because they made I, II and III later.

I think that had it been the other way around or had he made one about Leigh and Hans kid becoming a Jedi that people wouldn’t have had such a high standard.

LT

• I actually liked the three newer ones, prolly because I read the books written between the first three and last three that talked about the clone wars.
    I have to vote LotR as my favorite, I read the books as a kid, and thought the movies were a good rendition (for the most part, I still miss Tom Bombadil and the actual battle of Pelenor NO GHOSTS!)

• I wish the sequnece of battles in the Lord of the Rings movie would have followed the books. The movies make Gondor out as weak, instead of truthfully divided on two fronts.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m