Ksmckay (Axis) vs Amon-Sul (Allies +17) BM3

• I’m still right about USA and Russia on the Pacific map, but after being away for a long time, I did get a little rusty there, let me reassess

• And I was thinking of Germany/Italy, UK is at war with them, but right, not Japan, I got confused on that one point.

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

Right, at R3, UK is not at war with Japan, so they are not allies on the Pacific map yet.

Russia can’t move into Burma there on R3 because UK is not at war with Japan.

Sorry I gave the wrong answer at first because I got rusty, but since you insisted I was wrong, I then saw it clearly :p

• I’m so sorry, Amon, I see now that you asked me about this situation 9 days ago in private chat, and this game is only a couple days old. So you made your UK2 thinking you could reinforce Burma with the Russians.

Looking at the map quick, it may not be a disaster, though. The question is, would ksmckay attack Burma on Japan 3 with no Russians there? I would think not because it’s a pretty good stack there and he is now declaring war and taking islands, but only you can tell us, ksmckay.

Secondly, did this screw up Amon’s whole Russia strategy because I told him wrong. Or is Amon fine with just re-doing Russia3 noncom? Let me know, guys, so I can try to help settle the mess that’s my fault.

• '19

@gamerman01 @Amon-Sul

I am fine with things as is in terms of the game.

I wasnt trying to jump on you gamerman. You just said two things that were wrong and with the 100+ posts going on it was making things confusing.

You said that UK starts the game at war with Japan - clearly not true.

You said that US can land in russian territories in pacific map in the case where I described when Russia isn’t at war with Japan but US/Russia are allies in the war against Germany. - Not a reference to this game. Thats not true either.

To me thats just a parallel of the case in question where UK Pac isnt at war with Japan. The rules state that they must abide by the rules for powers not at war. Their are multiple parts to that with multiple layers. The soviet case is spelled out clearly in the rules. The UK pac case is not. There is some room for interpretation. I am still not quite certain on the answer.

• '19

@gamerman01

I just want a clear answer long term for the next game. and for others in the same situation. For this game I personally dont care. I just thing the rules are a tad gray and when things like this come up I like to get answers. Rulebook has definitely proved fallible at times, and questions like these help clear up confusions.

• Oh, I was horribly wrong and you were right to stand your ground, of course!

I thought in the case of USA landing in Russia that you were saying Russia was at war with Japan.

• I’m sorry where my confusion about the UK at war with Japan situation screwed up what I was saying and caused some confusion, but I actually do know exactly what the rules are, and whether that’s thanks to Krieghund’s many clarifications, I don’t know, but I will explain this again about the UK.

• UK/ANZAC diplomacy is always uniform and for the whole board. UK Pacific, for example, is at war with Germany and Italy from the start of the game. There is no separate diplomacy for UK Pacific. It’s separate ECONOMIES that gets everyone confused. Separate economies, but not diplomacy. Russia has separate diplomacy for each board, and I guess that contributes to the UK confusion as well.

But the UK Pacific diplomacy should not be confusing at all. What exactly are you not 100% sure of at this point?

• '19

@gamerman01 said in Ksmckay (Axis) vs Amon-Sul (Allies +17) BM3:

Russia can’t move into Burma there on R3 because UK is not at war with Japan.

Is this true or not? Its been answered both ways by you in equally confident ways.

Initially, the point made by you and Amon was that even though UK is still neutral with Japan, Russia can move into UK Pac territories , because Russia and UK are at war with Germany and so are allies everywhere on the board.

Then you said that was wrong, Russia cant move into UK Pac territories because UK isnt at war with Japan.

Which is correct? Can russia move into an UK territory on the whole board because Russia and UK are allies against Germany? Or does the fact that UK is neutral with Japan affect the ability of russians to go into UK territories on pacific side.

• @ksmckay said in Ksmckay (Axis) vs Amon-Sul (Allies +17) BM3:

@Krieghund Can Russia move into UK pac territories if UK pac hasnt declared war on Japan? (Japan and Russia are at war).

Yes. The USSR’s state of war with Japan lifts the restrictions of neutral powers from it on the Pacific map. UK is at war with Germany and Italy in Europe, so it is not neutral either. Since neither the USSR nor UK is neutral, USSR may move units into UK territories and vice versa, but only on the Pacific map. Per it’s specific and unique rules, USSR remains neutral on the Europe map, so they may not do so there. No power other than the USSR has separate neutrality on the two maps, so this does not affect UK other than in its interactions with USSR.

• '19

@Krieghund

Thanks

• Oh. my goodness. Well like I told Amon in the first place, it’s a good question lol

• @Amon-Sul said in Ksmckay (Axis) vs Amon-Sul (Allies +17) BM3:

Wow that’s a good question. I assume Russia is at war with Japan because that’s required for them to enter China, so yes. UK is at war with Germany and Russia is at war with Japan, so Russia is at war on the Pacific map and is an ally of UK since Russia is at war with Japan. I’m playing my first game in 2 years, so there’s that caveat, but I believe this is correct

I actually got it right the first time. Because you’re playing BM3, Russia can’t enter China or anything outside of the middle east unless Russia is at war with Japan, so that was relevant too. You telling me I was flat out wrong made me second guess and I got all confused lol

• Whew! I didn’t mislead Amon after all, and your game needs no edits, it’s perfect!!! GAME ON!

• The rationale is, UK is at war with Germany. Russia is at war with Japan. Japan and Germany are allied. Therefore Russia and UK are allies (but only on the Pacific map because just as Krieghund explained, Russia has the split map restriction deal)

• And if Russia is at war with Japan, and USA is at war, then the USA can land in Russia but only on the Pacific map.

• '19

@Amon-Sul OK just in case its lost in the 100 posts, I did post Japan so we are ready to proceed.

Never meant to start all this off. I just wanted confirmation that the split map neutrality was unique to Russia and none of the other powers. Which it is.

• You’re fine, I’m the biggest problem here, getting all confused when you guys want to be able to trust my answers. UK Pacific interactions with Japan and Russia is one of the hardest things in the game to grasp, though, and BM3 adding more rules to Russia on the Pacific map doesn’t help! ;) We got it now, though!

• Huge thanks to Krieghund

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m