• Official Q&A

Posting the rulebook on-line without permission would be a violation of copyright laws.

• '10

Are you sure it would be such a huge deal?  WOTC have all their rule books available on-line including all the AAA games here:

Downloadable Rule Books
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/downloads

PS: Im not the only person here who has requested this

• @Krieghund:

Posting the rulebook on-line without permission would be a violation of copyright laws.

How 'bout just pages 1 thru 47? :-D

• '10

@dante:

If possible scan the rules please!

Thanks

In the on-line world this is inevitable somewhere…    My previous point.

• Krieg is not correct.

If you own a copy of the game you can post the rules online, what you cant do is try to sell it or post them in a way that’s related to something your selling.

Otherwise, you would be arrested by taking a picture of you playing the game because the rules may be showing.

You also cant retype the rules and sell them as your own. But you can surely scan the rules and post them for discussion.

• Official Q&A

@FieldMarshalGames:

Are you sure it would be such a huge deal?  WOTC have all their rule books available on-line including all the AAA games here:

Downloadable Rule Books
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/downloads

WotC owns the copyright, therefore they are free to post them if they wish.  Once they post the AA50 rulebook (which they will do), it will be publicly available.  Until then, it’s not.

@Imperious:

Krieg is not correct.

If you own a copy of the game you can post the rules online, what you cant do is try to sell it or post them in a way that’s related to something your selling.

This is a widely-believed fallacy.  What you can do is make copies for your own use.  You cannot distribute them in their entirety publicly in any way, whether or not it’s for personal gain.  This is why BoardGameGeek requires you to get the publisher’s permission before they’ll allow you to upload a file containing a game’s rules.

@Imperious:

Otherwise, you would be arrested by taking a picture of you playing the game because the rules may be showing.

This is simply ridiculous.  The entire text of the rulebook would not be displayed in a photo of someone playing the game.

• This is why BoardGameGeek requires you to get the publisher’s permission before they’ll allow you to upload a file containing a game’s rules.

BGG is commercial site. It sells stuff. It cant be used to distribute materials because it sells space on its site to make a profit. Thats why its a .com

Over here its .org…as we have no commitment for commercial sensibilities.

Anybody can PDF the rules and newer versions allow you to grab the text from a PDF and copy on a page what you need. Sections completed can be posted in parts to eventually complete the entire rules.

Thats covered under what they call ‘fair use’ terms.

The entire text of the rulebook would not be displayed in a photo of someone playing the game.

A page at a time can be displayed and readable in a picture of the game in background. This can be done 48 seperate times. Then linked. :-D

• @Krieghund:

This is simply ridiculous.  The entire text of the rulebook would not be displayed in a photo of someone playing the game.

Well, that depends on the game… Ticket to Ride, for example, has what, a 4 page rulebook?  2 pics and that’s the entire text.

• 2007 AAR League

some people sure do get riled up about a game they have never played or even seen before.

Here, the average bid for AAR is 8 to the axis, and Ive seen it down to 1-2 and up to 12.
    when I played at Flames of Europe the average bids in my games were either 12 full placement ore 18-24 half placement, half cash. same game, apparently people there were better at playing the allies.

and those bids all fluctuated over the years I have been playing.
    People somehow think they know that this game is imbalanced already?

Give it time, guys. It sounds pretty cool to me, new dynamics to encourage a more realistic War (what the hell is Japan doing surrounding and maybe taking Russia every game, Egypt falling round 1 98% of the time, china falling every game round 2, India and maybe Haw round 3, and Australia and New Zealand round 3-4).

I dont remember Japan ever taking all of those countries in the real war, while the US completely ignores Japan, and Germany never builds a single sub. And when exactly did Japan start dropping troops in Africa?

Im sure as we play this game more than any playtesters can possibly play it, we will tease out any bad rules or imbalances, and then start adding bids to even it out. My only regret is that I dont know enough gamers in Jacksonville to play this game with face to face with 5+ players. Hopefully people will start playing games on line soon, so we can get it on.

• I haven’t been reading the forum lately, so I apologize if this has already been discovered; but Field Marshal Games says they have AA50 in stock and ready to ship?!
    Are they located in the US?
    (Not that this will get us the game any quicker, I just thought it was strange)
    Thanks.

• 2007 AAR League

@Craig:

My only regret is that I dont know enough gamers in Jacksonville to play this game with face to face with 5+ players.

Can’t smart my way out of this whole contract thing…  :(

but only 1.5 more years

Hell, getting 3 people who have 5 hours to play A and A would be a stretch!

-Living down in america’s wang

• Since the game has been 'officially" released, is it now safe to scan the rulebook?
    Can someone who has received the game do this?
    Thanks.

• @timerover51:

I am getting two mainly for the extra units, and to give me an extra board to work with for modifications.  Since Hasbro will not sell components, it is the only way to get these items.  I will probably start picking up copies of Revised on eBay for the same reason.

Check your messages.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m