• I don’t understand these rules on pages 26 and 27 about the landing of fighters on aircraft carriers. There seems to be a contradiction, doesn’t there?

On page 26, it says: « You cannot, however, use a planned retreat of any carrier to demonstrate a possible safe landing zone for any fighter. »
    And on page 27, it says « However, it may land on a carrier in the Noncombat Move phase (even if retreating) ».

Can we land on an aircraft carrier that has retreated or not?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

There is no contradiction. To be able to make an air attack you must have a safe legal landing zone before you make the combat move. Thus, as stated, you may not use a planned retreat of an aircraft carrier as a safe landing zone.

• You cannot, however, use a planned retreat of any carrier to demonstrate a possible safe landing zone for any fighter.

However, assuming there was a safe landing zone that originally allowed the air attack then after the attack you may land on a retreating aircraft carrier.

• However, it may land on a carrier in the Noncombat Move phase (even if retreating)

• @andrewaagamer
    Ah. I hadn’t understood that subtlety. It’s a bit like assuming that, as an attacker, I’m going to win - so, retreat isn’t an option. Thanks a lot for your help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m