• '19 '17 '16

I’m assuming Malaya is in Japanese hands.

Yes it does block 1 NO but I can’t see a situation where you would not land on the Solomons instead and block 2 (3 if the allies hold Malaya). Protecting the invasion transport?

• '19 '17

@simon33 Solomon is easier to take back since air from the fleet in Queens can support the attack. Taking New Britain with 2 inf makes it pretty hard for the Allies to take it back.

• '19 '17 '16

Possible, but unlikely. I suppose you’re right. It would have been more accurate if I had said “minimal incentive”. Normally in that sort of situation New Guinea or DNG is taken first.

• '15

I’d like to second the idea of letting China buy Artillery at any point in the game. In the tiers I play, generally around Tier 1, where we ain’t nothing special but we do have some idea what we are doing, Axis seem stronger, so giving Allies just a tiny boost like that might make the difference.

And, as regularkid mentioned, it’s not going to have a huge effect one way or another anyway.

• '19 '17 '16

@Shin-Ji said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

I’d like to second the idea of letting China buy Artillery at any point in the game. In the tiers I play, generally around Tier 1, where we ain’t nothing special but we do have some idea what we are doing, Axis seem stronger, so giving Allies just a tiny boost like that might make the difference.

And, as regularkid mentioned, it’s not going to have a huge effect one way or another anyway.

I don’t really like the idea. Artillery is supposed to be something you work for.

If there should be a readjustment, the first place to start would be on the IJ/Ok objective.

• '15

If you want to eliminate that, you can just do that. There’s a box to check for it. Lots of people use it as a bid. So, go for it. I’d happily play Axis against you with that for a bid.

• '19 '17 '16

@Shin-Ji said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

If you want to eliminate that, you can just do that. There’s a box to check for it. Lots of people use it as a bid. So, go for it. I’d happily play Axis against you with that for a bid.

I’d play but I’m not really that confident with allies. I think you might be the favourite.

• '19 '17 '16

You know what, you’re on if you still want.

• '15

I just had another game come through, so I’ll have to pass for now, but maybe in a week or two?

• '19 '17 '16

Ok, I can’t see if this has been discussed before. One the things I find somewhat irksome is that the French ships block the control of the Med objective I1 when all the other ships have been cleared from the Med and Vichy is inevitable. Was there a reason Vichy couldn’t be activated afterItaliansPlace rather than at the start of the French turn?

• '19 '17

It’s part of the balance of Vichy at this point, and makes more sense for it to happen on the French turn.

• '19 '17 '16

2 points I want to make here.

1. Bids are reaching the magical 10IPCs (ftr Scotland), I submit there may need to be a change. Or we could just stop playing with the Ok/IJ objective, which I would also point out re-strengthens the J1 DOW.

2. If a German sub stops Lend Lease through SZ125 even though Germany isn’t at war, in the event that Japan is at war with USA & UK, shouldn’t a Japanese ship in SZ80 also stop Lend Lease through that lane (Persia)? The logic here being it is the other powers whose ships are being used in both cases. Not sure which is the important power though.

• '19 '17

@simon33 said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

2 points I want to make here.

1. Bids are reaching the magical 10IPCs (ftr Scotland), I submit there may need to be a change. Or we could just stop playing with the Ok/IJ objective, which I would also point out re-strengthens the J1 DOW.

2. If a German sub stops Lend Lease through SZ125 even though Germany isn’t at war, in the event that Japan is at war with USA & UK, shouldn’t a Japanese ship in SZ80 also stop Lend Lease through that lane (Persia)? The logic here being it is the other powers whose ships are being used in both cases. Not sure which is the important power though.

1. I don’t see an issue with bids of 20 and under. Bids are good way to keep the game fresh and balance it through the ages, as such a complex asymmetric game cannot stay balanced as strategies evolve. J1DOW was nerfed compared to its vanilla effectiveness even with the Iwo Jima objective, given that Italy has an important role to play in BM.

2. German subs don’t stop Lend Lease if Russia isn’t at war, Russia doesn’t get any NOs until they are at war with Germany or Italy. Perhaps I misunderstood what you are saying.

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514 said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

German subs don’t stop Lend Lease if Russia isn’t at war, Russia doesn’t get any NOs until they are at war with Germany or Italy. Perhaps I misunderstood what you are saying.

If Italy is at war but Germany isn’t, the USSR objective is supposed to be stopped by a German sub.

• '19 '17 '16

Krieghund said that’s because it’s the UK/USA’s ships being targeted, and those powers are at war with Germany. Well, presumably in the USA’s case.

• '19 '17

@simon33 said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@Adam514 said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

German subs don’t stop Lend Lease if Russia isn’t at war, Russia doesn’t get any NOs until they are at war with Germany or Italy. Perhaps I misunderstood what you are saying.

If Italy is at war but Germany isn’t, the USSR objective is supposed to be stopped by a German sub.

I don’t think it should be stopped by a ship it isn’t at war with. It’s not something that happens anyway.

• '19 '17 '16

Ok, but those are the official rules.

I’m going to take that to mean that there’s no interest in expanding USSR lend lease to be blocked by a Japanese blockade of the Middle East when Japan is at war with US+UK but not USSR.

• '19 '17

@simon33 Then why wouldn’t it extend to sz5 and Amur also? Japan didn’t want to block ships destined to the USSR in order to avoid provoking the USSR into a war with them after all.

• '19 '17 '16

That is probably a fair point. Although I think it is plausible that they would have attacked in Indian Ocean and argued that the ships might be helping the British hold Persia or for anti-Iraq etc. Might not too. I think an inspection regime is pretty implausible so far from home.

• Rules question regarding Marines; TripleA is allowing you to bombard with a ship in the combat phase and then unload a marine from the same ship in the non-combat phase. This is illegal by the rules if the marine was loaded the same combat phase but what if the marine was pre-loaded?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m