The War Game - Massive Axis and Allies Variant

• Here is a picture of Jeff Stein and me.  I’m wearing a T-shirt with Jeff’s face on it.  He didn’t notice for over 4 hours.  Oh, and we kicked his team’s butt!

Craig

• '19 Moderator

That’s priceless… lol

• i just purchased it, hope to get it soon!!!

• Customizer

That looks sweet!!! I got stop looking at this stuff or I’ll have to build a house out of wargame boxes.

• These photos of the game above are noted to be taken at ORIGINS, correct?

Where at ORIGINS were they were taken? At the Warroom?

• @dezrtfish:

I thought I would mention the set-up charts for 1939 are out, I am going to try them out in a couple weeks.

I got my copy today. The plastic looks great. But why do France only got like 5 infantry, one artillery and one destroyer ? How are you gonna do a 1939 set up with that ? Why did not all nations get the same number of pieces ? Hope Jeff make more French units in next run, and also make them nation specific.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

• well it took you long enough!

France has more than 5 infantry and they only need to surrender once, so i would not worry about “where is their army”

If you need more pieces just buy more white flags.

• France has more than 5 infantry and they only need to surrender once, so i would not worry about “where is their army”

If you need more pieces just buy more white flags.

LOL, Good one Imperious!

In all seriousness, it would be handy to have more pieces for some of those minor powers;  You can buy additional sets of just pieces, which is still kind of expensive, but cheaper than just buying another copy of the whole game.  (At least you could when I bought the game, because I did.)  What’s more, if enough sets of pieces are sold, maybe it will help Jeffrey make the case for an expansion (Including those nation-specific pieces, perhaps).  I know I intend to buy more at some point, just to show my support if nothing else, because it really is a pretty interesting game, all in all, with lots of room for expansion/ customization.

• @DrLarsen:

In all seriousness, it would be handy to have more pieces for some of those minor powers;  You can buy additional sets of just pieces, which is still kind of expensive, but cheaper than just buying another copy of the whole game.

The case is, that the French-blue three come with 1 leader, 7 infantry, 1 artillery and 1 destroyer.

If you buy more sets, you’ll just get more inf, artillery’s and destroyers.
    You will never get tanks, battleships nor aircrafts in French blue, no matter how many sets you buy.
    This is an issue to me.

• Repaint the nation that has extra bits to blue. because the molds are all the same, so that solves the problem right?

Plus France has elite infantry and super tanks so you got those to be used as normal pieces.

Then you got chips

• The plastic cost from less to nothing. He already have all the molds. Why cant he make some runs of blue with the tank and aircraft molds too ? He is too lazy ?

• Problem solved, I use the black pieces for France, and the dark blue for Germany. Germany dont need a navy anyway. And 7 infantry is enough, since Germany rarely conquer many territories.

• he does sell extra pieces email him and buy what you need. I am sure he will just sell the blue pieces, but you will have to find your own white flags.

• @Imperious:

he does sell extra pieces email him and buy what you need. I am sure he will just sell the blue pieces, but you will have to find your own white flags.

I just wrote something in that forum, no responce yet, as admin you shold pay attention, sir.

• ok ill visit them.

• I got the A&A50 thinking it would be the ultimate wargame.

But i have just finished ordering Wargame WWII,and it seems to be what A&A50 was now.
    The Idea of Spain and the other noncombatents actually getting intoit seems great but the only problem i have is it does not have a Cruiser mold,and it’s all the same,just diffrent colors.But the quallity of them is A#1.

The map looks very nice,and haveing France in the fight makes it all the better,aswell as China not being someones you know what.

• Field Marshals:
    Do they add +1 to your units’ die rolls or subtract -1 from the die rolls???
    If they add +1 to your die roll how can that help?
    The rules says +1 to your die roll???
    Don’t you want low die rolls??

Neutrals??
    Are the neutrals garrisoned with their own troops at the beginning of the game?

Do they defend with their own troops/units or do they only get that one roll referred to in the rules on p23?

So if the attacker attacks with more than 1 unit he always takes the neutral country right?
    Becz the defender only gets one die roll??

Confused! Help?

BB’s repaired??
    I can’t understand the BB repair rules?
    Are there 2 different ways to repair a BB?
    What does location have to do with rolling a d-12 die?
    Does the location change the roll result needed???

Defender retreat??
    Can the defender retreat at any time?
    How is it done? Just announce which units are retreating and they can not fire?
    They only take hits after the rear guard takes the hits?

Lend lease between Germany and Italy??
    Can Germany lend lease to Italy?

Combined arms?
    Is there a combined arms rule which rewards diversified attacks?

• Going to play our 1st game on Saturday.

Any commons problems that AA vets make when playing this very similar game?

Any common misperceptions/errors?

• Field Marshals:
    Do they add +1 to your units’ die rolls or subtract -1 from the die rolls???
    If they add +1 to your die roll how can that help?
    The rules says +1 to your die roll?HuhHuh?
    Don’t you want low die rolls??

They benefit you on defense or attack, so a unit hitting at 4 is now a 5.

Neutrals??
    Are the neutrals garrisoned with their own troops at the beginning of the game?

no these are optional and if anybody attacks THEN you set them up

Do they defend with their own troops/units or do they only get that one roll referred to in the rules on p23?

They defend like anything else

So if the attacker attacks with more than 1 unit he always takes the neutral country right?
    Becz the defender only gets one die roll??

Confused! Help?

I dont play with that rule. Never have

BB’s repaired??
    I can’t understand the BB repair rules?
    Are there 2 different ways to repair a BB?
    What does location have to do with rolling a d-12 die?
    Does the location change the roll result needed???

a damaged BB you roll a d12 for cost of damage. If its light damage you can repair at sea, if heavy you need to go to port. read rules on this for more.

Defender retreat??
    Can the defender retreat at any time?
    How is it done? Just announce which units are retreating and they can not fire?
    They only take hits after the rear guard takes the hits?

you declare whats retreating before first round, on second round you retreat the units allocated and they are not rolling on the round they were declared. The attacker must ask for retreat declarations before combat starts. At sea you can block retreats by having one ship in each adjacent SZ. If the units defending only last one round any factories are considered captured and cant be what we call “crunched”

Lend lease between Germany and Italy??
    Can Germany lend lease to Italy?

no its not in the rules

Combined arms?
    Is there a combined arms rule which rewards diversified attacks?

no. only what we call “rommels rules” in which tanks aid infantry in attack and infantry aid tanks in defense.

• are there set up charts for neutrals???

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m