• The answer to your question is yes however why the US would factory FIC is beyond me. Because Korea as an example is strategically better for the US to capture and factory.

• '19 '17 '16

Korea is not easy to retake if 18inf 2AAA reinforce.

• Korea is a royal pain to recapture.  Not only do the Russians reinforce it (not breaking the Mongolia rule since Russia technically isn’t attacking Korea), but America can subsequently fly in a bunch of planes.  If Japan can’t take it immediately after capture, they likely will struggle to ever recapture it.  The factory keeps churning out ground units and more Allied fighters keep landing on the spot.  Subs in the Sea of Japan reek havoc on the already fragile Japanese economy.  That can mark the beginning of the end for Japan unless they have been able to make headway elsewhere before that point.

• '19 '17 '16

Indeed. Far easier to make sure it never falls as Axis, which does tend to tie up IJN resources if it is seriously threatened.

• I personally tend to factory Korea as Japan and leave behind units for it because it seems to be a nice spot that USSR and US try to capture.

• '19 '17 '16

That factory is a very long way from the action.

I reckon shantung is the best compromise.

• That factory is far from China but not useless if USSR plans on doing something in the East which I have personally seen. My factory in Korea is simply there encase USSR enters the fight early, it also tend to make the US move haste if they go after Japan in the North instead of the South. So in terms of usable against China, then yes, it is useless but you simply can’t dismiss it.

• '19 '17 '16

3 turns to Yunnan or 2 turns if the factory were on Manchuria. Is the destruction if captured the reason for Korea instead of Manchuria?

• The problem is that I don’t like to factory on border nations, the reason specifically for Korea is about 90% of the time, USSR isn’t going to put tanks in the East because they are better serves in the West so when 18 infantry and 2 AA guns move south, they obviously can’t take Korea in the first hit, it simply acts as a buffer.

• That too, you can major on Korea which makes it more useful.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m