• Founder TripleA Admin

A possible solution to the sporadic down time on the site is to upgrade the server. This costs money, about $300/year more. If I’m going to upgrade the server, I want more traffic to the site. To get more traffic, I need  your help.

• More in links. Links from other sites to this site or pages on this site.

• More social bookmarking. Use site like StumbleUpon and Digg to bookmark the articles from this site. And also vote up articles on the site.

• Become a fan on Facebook and interact: http://www.facebook.com/axisandallies.org

• Follow on Twitter and interact: http://twitter.com/axis_and_allies

• More in links. Yes, this is important.

• A new professional site design. Professional web design is expensive but I can pay by advertising your name on the site.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Okay, as you may or may not know. I did put in the extra amount to upgrade the server back in December and it helped things for a while. However, when the site became more responsive, we got more traffic to the site. Eventually performance degraded, again.

I’m a avid user of Aardvark (vark.com) and decided to try using Aardvark as a starting point to resolve the issue. I also asked a colleague his opinion. These queries resulted in some database changes that I will make tonight.

For those of you who send me the email about the errors. No matter how many times I tell you that I can’t do much about it. Keep sending those emails, especially after tonight after I’ve made the db changes.

Thanks.

• David,

How can we cut back on the Spam/Medical garbage posts?

• I am doing the best i can to remove them. Obviously this is a function of the program that set up these forums that allows them to filter on the boards. I remove them daily.

One trick i think does work is to spam them with PM’s, This causes them to stop their automated routine because the PM will preemptively ask for the poster to check his new messages. It stalls them for a long time. If you see them posting just PM with anything

example: johrfjhlkjnklv

Just about anything you write will do the job, they don’t read what you write so just don’t waste your time insulting them.

The moderators are really trying to find ways to stop them, but we are told things will improve when the site gets updated with new software.

• Ok I will spam with PMs :-)

• Has anyone else been experiencing a ton of 50x errors this week?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Have you had any of those issues yesterday evening through today?

• Founder TripleA Admin

It looks like, so far today, there have been no queries longer than  45 seconds and only 70 of them. Yesterday, there were several 8 minute queries.

• @djensen:

Have you had any of those issues yesterday evening through today?

Yeah, I had some last night and a couple this morning, but no more this afternoon or evening. :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m