Towards a General Strategic Framework - 11 Conclusions

• @variance:

@Hunter:

I would also like to point out that 6 Infantry and 1 Fighter is the standard UK 1 buy.

Why would this be better sealion defense than 9 infantry?

It’s not, but it does produce a unit that can do more than turtle.

• I’m not comfortable with 6+1 as Britain unless Japan did a J1 and America built bombers to send to London. Germany has plenty of tactics they can employ to boost their odds in Sealion and it’s not worth the risk IMO.

• TripleA

Thing about 6+1 is the fighter can scramble so it is a double defense (he has to have ships). Not all Germany players buy naval round 1, I am of the 2 bomber 1 sub crew. Keeps the threat real.

• I always keep 3 fighters at least one turn away from London, if not in Britain itself unless I’m sure Germany won’t Sealion next turn. Britain starts with 3 plus one French fighter so scrambling isn’t a problem, right? I am assuming you didn’t scramble and lose fighters on turn 1. If you did, then I can see a 6+1 purchase.

• @Cow:

Not all Germany players buy naval round 1, I am of the 2 bomber 1 sub crew.

I didn’t know this was considered a good buy. Is the idea to slip the sub over to seazone 125 when the British aren’t looking and take the 5 IPC objective from Russia? If so then what would you do about lurking British destroyers, hit them with bombers? If that isn’t the plan then those 6 IPC’s are just sitting there in the water for most of the game.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

2 bombers, 1 sub is a very good buy.

• '19 '17 '16

@larrymarx:

@Cow:

Not all Germany players buy naval round 1, I am of the 2 bomber 1 sub crew.

I didn’t know this was considered a good buy. Is the idea to slip the sub over to seazone 125 when the British aren’t looking and take the 5 IPC objective from Russia? If so then what would you do about lurking British destroyers, hit them with bombers? If that isn’t the plan then those 6 IPC’s are just sitting there in the water for most of the game.

The sub allows an extra hit in SZ112 which is enough to defend it in most cases. Important if strafing SZ111. The extra 2IPC vs a DD is useful.

• Ok, the sub works well combined with a strafe, got it. You can use it to hunt down the remnants of the Scottish fleet too. I can see how an extra bomber instead of fighter would help threaten Sealion too due to a deadlier potential SBR.

• '21 '18 '16

2 bmr 1 sub has become the standard G1 purchase in our groups

• 4 INF + 4 Art seems to be our groups preference on G1 and then G2 it is the Sea Lion build or all Air Force with 3 Bombers some FTR + Tac.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m