Can someone explain why tanks need to cost 6

• I have played many axis and allies games and I have never noticed tanks being overpowered. However, in the AAP40 and some AA50 house rules I see people moving tanks price up to 6. Why is this? I haven’t noticed an unbalance in tank power. Would this change be beneficial to AARe?

• Because in AAR and AA50 as well as AAE40 people just buy nothing but tanks for Germany. AAE was broken because of this and they were 3-2 tanks costing 5.

I am glad they are 6, but i wish Mechanized Infantry were a 2-2-2-5 unit. I view them as ‘light armor’

• Huh, maybe Ill try that and see how it works, and then see if the cost increase is needed.
    I know at least that in AARe tanks are fine at 5 (probably because of the closer range)

• yes but thats AAR and not many people play that since AA50 and AA42 as well as AAE40/AAP40 coming up.

• Because their better defenders now, and also in Africa they’re good to blitz through down to South Africa

• Now people will just buy infantry.

• Prior to the introduction of mechanized infantry to the game, I used to think of tanks as representing all mechanized forces - tanks, mechanized infantry, and motorized infantry.  Even an armored division was typically more infantry than tanks.  If I recall correctly, a 1944 German Panzer division had 2 tank battalions and 6 infantry battalions.  And Panzergrenadier (mechanized infantry) divisions had self-propelled guns and tank destroyers assigned.

• I used to think of tanks as representing all mechanized forces - tanks, mechanized infantry, and motorized infantry.

If that were true than artillery would be also included because artillery are also part of the makeup of armor. Yet Artillery are a different piece

Also, artillery are attached to Infantry too.

• True.  A typical division in most armies will have its own artillery regiment/brigade.  A corps might have an extra brigade or two of corps level artillery in adddition to the artillery units assigned to its infantry/tank divisions.  Soviet Shock armies were basically leg infantry with a buttload of artillery (a buttload being an echelon or two above brigade) attached.  But, at the scale of Axis and Allies (with each playing piece representing an army - the echelon between corps and army group), independent artillery units would rarely be large enough to be represented by their own playing pieces.  But they are.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m