• The space is mainly due to each phases now being a different section.

I’ve found it difficult when I was playtesting phase 1…I had to jump around the document.

Page length can be cut down by a bit by using columns like in OOB or LHTR.

We’ll also release two documents one. One with and one without justifications.

• small update

updates might be daily weekly or monthly just whenever really…

• 2007 AAR League

Imperious, it says you’re in charge of graphics and player aids. Does that mean you plan to produce examples, like in the standard rulebook?

• no im just sticking to everything sake the ruleset. If somebody wants to get it in good enough shape… ill add pictures , examples… but i am not gonna type out the OOB rules and attempt to mesh them together.  LHTR will be used in conjunction with our document and appropriate index of what is added and what is deleated will be clearly made.

• Hey, I’m not used to rapidshare

• I feel that document need more work. when its more ready we will get it posted here.

• yeah its an add-on for LHTR not OOB

yeah certainly the document needs work
    but what are you referring to in particular?
    the format? or the rules which is still materialising and coming together…

• Try not using the abbreviations as much, some people are not use to them and may fall on them as quite confusing.

• OOB= out of the box rules

LHTR= larry harris tournament rules

BTW= by the way

• Ah we could have the abbreviations list towards the the front of the document…
    Abbreviations can be confusing but it actually help when you talk about units.
    It makes the unit names stand out.

• definitely put it at the start of the rule booklet, I’m pretty good with them but allot of people might see it as another language. Its coming along nicely by the way! :-o

• Small update with changes in last week.

• ok

• Another update.
    Also I’ve put little boxes around list and sequence information.

• Bravo Tekky!!! the draft ending in 805 is totally awesome!!! great work!!!

I’m sending you the Iron Cross with oak leaves.

I plan on reformating the final draft into one column and adding military pictures into a booklet form… professionally done and then PDF so people can make their own nifty rulebooks.

some of your fonts will be changed. It will be bitchin!!!

• that’ll be nice
    but I think don’t start until phase 3 or it’ll be annoying to edit

I think we should still have a compact version (double column, no pictures, no justifications) though cos not everyone wants to print out 20 pages or something

• My comments on Phase 2 document:

Game Sequence (page 1): In the final writeup, maybe a simpler way to present the same information is to say that both Axis always go before all the Allies except that Russia gets a special bonus move at the very start of the game. State explicitly that this bonus move is in addition to their normal 1st round move after the Axis so there’s no confusion. Perhaps we could even scratch this whole section and instead make this idea one of the Russian National Advantages. For example, one Russian NA is that Russia gets 1 bonus move at the start of the game (this would cut down on any possible confusion of why the first turn is different from all the other turns and this would also make the document a little shorter- every little bit helps).

Blockade (p3): I missed the definition of a “friendly SZ”. Is that a SZ that occupies a friendly naval unit or just a SZ that doesn’t occupy an enemy naval unit?

German Blitzkrieg (p12): This is different than regular blitzkrieg (namely, when an armor unit moves through a hostile territory into another territory). I think this is confusing have two types of blitzkrieg rules. I have stated before that I don’t like +1 modifiers as the advantage for blitzkrieg. I think a better representation for blitzkrieg would be to allow armor/ftrs to attack in combat and if it only lasts 1 round, then allow them to attack any adjacent territory right afterwards (2 attacks in 1 turn). Or maybe to say that armor units attack in opening fire stage in the first round or something, etc… Only have 1 set of blitzkrieg rules though.

I really like what you’ve done with diplomacy and neutrals. I came up with something similar to the diplocamy rolls but I don’t remember proposing it before I left. I’m just curious where did that come from/ who came up with that?

• I think i may have come up with those ideas. Tekky added a few things as well.

The main thing id like to pick your brain with is the combat system. both land, naval and air. Is their anything you would like changed?

Also what you think about the ideas on Italy?

• Game Sequence (page 1)

Yeah I actually put USSR’s bonus opening move separately before.

So how about:

1st Round
    [USSR]

Following Rounds
    [Germany, Japan]
    [USSR, UK, US]

Blockade (p3)

Actually I shouldn’t say “SZ” since I don’t use that particular abbreivation elsewhere anyway.

The phase “friendly sea zone” is frequently used in both OOB and LHTR. I recall the definition being any sea zone with no enemy naval units. But then I just looked through and can’t find any definitions. Anyone know where the phase is defined?

German Blitzkrieg (p12)

I think the ARM special move through an unoccupied hostile territory is just called “Blitz” not “Blitzrieg”.
    Although it can be confusing.
    Imperious can give us another historic name.

As for ARM/FTR 2 attacks in a 1 turn if 1st attack only lasted 1 cycle…we can look into that.
    In fact we are considering a similar deal for naval combat!

I’m just curious where did that come from/ who came up with that?

Yep Imperious came up with most of it. Wonderful isn’t it. Neutral territories are no longer useless.

• Imp- I’ll give a closer look to combat and Italy next.

Tekkyy-

Actually what I was thinking regarding Game Sequence was this:

Under the game sequence section state that on every turn [Germany, Japan] go, then [Russia, UK, US] go. Don’t go into a sepatation of turn 1 from all other turns.

Then, in the NA section state that 1 of Russia’s NAs is that they get to move before the first turn in addition to all their normal moves. I think a good name for this would be Russian Winter. This is because historically Russian Winter should be restricted to only being used during the winter of 1941-1942 anyway. Matching Russian Winter with this rule would accomplish this. I know there have been some other ideas floating around regarding how to represent Russian Winter, but I think this new interpretation of Russian Winter is a better match. After all, didn’t Russian Winter save Moscow from being captured and thus very important to the outcome of the war? Wouldn’t adding an extra turn for Russia at the very start of the game also be very important to the outcome of the game (i.e. it’s a powerful NA)?

As for friendly SZ, it wouldn’t be hard just to define it or call it a non-hostile SZ. I was just unsure if their was such a thing as a neutral SZ (i.e. empty SZ). Apparently there isn’t such a thing because friendly SZ includes no units present in it.

Currently, I’m of the opinion that the blitzkreig tactic shouldn’t be restricted to just Germany (i.e. a German NA). I feel that instead how it’s defined should make it a better match with German strategy and thus used more often by the Germans. I always thought that Russia used blitzkreig during the end of WWII anyway, so why restrict it to Germany. Let’s just come up with another German NA in place of blitzkreig. Just my opinion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m