Axis and allies battle of the bulge coming out November!!!!

• :  Canadian units is a good start, but can we have some Free Polish Forces?  Or, would there be a Free Forces expansion separate?

These units didnt have any part in Bulge… I sent larry his OOB so that D-day thing wont happen again…

I suspect you will see the following units:

1. Me-109 ( new fighter plane)
    2. Mechanised Infantry ( represented by halftracks)
    3. P-47/51 Mustang plane for allies ( new plane for USA)
    4. Tiger Tank unit

This is a 3 player game ( USA, UK, German) with some 300 pieces, so expect something like d-day with cards except cards are not for gameplay, but rather random events. I would like to see the germans played by two players…even 3 (representing 6th SS panzer, 5th panzer and 7th army).

This is my estimate given current conditions at this time.

• I assume there will be a fixed and/or random weather chart, since the overcast weather early in the campaign was of major help to the Germans.

• I hope so… both the “fixed” and variable would be nice.

• Yeah give me a link so I can stickey it :)

• I didn’t know there were two Minis Expansions coming out this year… Time to set aside 500 more dollars…  :lol:

• This sounds awesome to me!!!
        And i like the idea that somebody on this had about splitting the German forces into divisions, to allow for more players, that would be awesome in my opinion.

• To add to the questions of weather and other strategic factors, I assume there will also be some mechanism to represent the limited fuel supplies the Germans were working with in this campaign?

• That would be a must. I want to see the 3 german armies split into 3 players and the american army led by hodges and patton done the same way. The british could be a 6th player… Im sure the problems of fuel, time , ammo will be addressed in the game. I can gaurantee the OOB is correct however. I sent Larry this information and i checked it 4 times over.

• Cool, Ive always been looking forward to individual battle games. This is a great start, I cant wait!!! :-D

• You know what sounds cool to me right now, a Stalingrad game like that, because with D-day and now Battle of the Bulge, it would be cool to get a splash of Eastern Front in there :)

" Woe to the vanquished," King Brennus

It sounds like he is doing Guadalcanal first, but we can always pressure him to do more…

• Guadalcanal?  That’s king!  I hope Edson’s Raiders get in there as a unit.

• 2007 AAR League

I just hope this is better than D-Day…

• I take it that D-Day wasn’t that good?  It allways seemed to me that Axis and Allies should be a grand scale game not individual battles.  That’s why I thought that Europe and Pacific would be the end of the series.  But then, if it make money… :wink:

D-Day was good… It was great for teaching the AaA concept to other guys that hadn’t played and it also played fast… It can be predictable after a while though, depending on whether you use Fortunes and/or Tactics or not…

GG

• It be odd if the game let you play as Peiper and allow you to execute prisoners.  However if it didnt allow you, it wouldnt be historically accurate.  :-o

• @MechanizedWarfare:

It be odd if the game let you play as Peiper and allow you to execute prisoners.  However if it didnt allow you, it wouldnt be historically accurate.  :-o

!?  Do they really have personalities in the game?  If so, then they should have Kurt Meyer in the DDay campaign.  “Panzer” Meyer, my favorite SS commander.

• Those “personalities” are certainly not in the game… what so we get some rule where Us infantry gets captured, but the germans can just “kill them instead” complete with trucks with machine guns and Infantry poses of dead americans with “tags” on their feet? is that what you like?

• No I just think that if they did have Peiper in a game they should also have Meyer or Wunsche or dozens of others. 
    It’s not necessary though.  There will be plenty of other ways to rethink the battle.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m