• In California their are no intelligent Aliens either and their are too many of them at that!

• (that would be humor, for some of you who don’t understand what humor is.)

well, it was meant to be humor anyway…

• But Im not Human Jen! im a marine! :lol:

• @stuka:

To me, it’s just too damn big of a place for there to not be other life on other planetary systems. I am including single cell lifeforms too. Not just intelligent species.

lol

that is true.

• Yes, they sneak across the US southern border on a daily basis.

I’ve been south of the border enough to know that I’d do it, too If some idoit left the door open, someone else gave me a roadmap and I knew someone else who has made it across.

Hell, yeah!

On a slightly different topic…

What if we find intelligent life and…

They believed in a Supreme Being? Or…
    They are debating belief in a supreme being/have various religions?

Would it cause you to rethink your Supreme Being leanings or “Ours is the Only Way” religion?

• @El:

What if we find intelligent life and…

They believed in a Supreme Being? Or…
    They are debating belief in a supreme being/have various religions?

Would it cause you to rethink your Supreme Being leanings or “Ours is the Only Way” religion?

well,
    i might expect that if they were Mennonite or held similar beliefs, then it would be obvious that they were beings of greater intelligence.
    By the same token, if they were beings of greater intelligence, they obviously would have Mennonite beliefs.

Naturally this is straight forward.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Interesting question, El. Jefe. However, what if they worshipped Satan as God and God as Satan? Just a twist I picked up from Stargate SG-1, for you who watch the program.

• Jen,
    First, you din ansa da ?

Second, Re: Your distracted aside…
    I musta missed that line…
    But, then… I missed the whole first season.

Just saw the first episode of SG: Atlantis.
    Wasn’t too impressed.
    Caught the “… galaxy far, far away” line,
    though they have a tendency to overdo a good thing…
    e.g. the ST:OS references in the S:SG-1 Geekdaydream episodes.

No cute as a bug actress in the
    Kate Jackson/Amanda Tapping mold.
    Gotta have my teddy bear!

At least I answered your question…which lacked a question mark.

• well,
    i might expect that if they were Mennonite or held similar beliefs, then it would be obvious that they were beings of greater intelligence.
    By the same token, if they were beings of greater intelligence, they obviously would have Mennonite beliefs.

so what your saying is:
    all mennonites are beings of greater intelligence, therefore all beings of greater intelligence are mennonites. thats the converse of the A categorical, which is not logically equivalent, and since they are contingent sentences, its not valid either.

• @Janus1:

well,

so what your saying is:
    all mennonites are beings of greater intelligence, therefore all beings of greater intelligence are mennonites. thats the converse of the A categorical, which is not logically equivalent, and since they are contingent sentences, its not valid either.

they are not contingent
    it’s just a logical assumption.

• but to assert that they are a logical assumption, you need to make another argument as to why. and because their truth value must be derived from experience, rather than definition (mennonite does not, by definition, mean “being of greater intelligence”), they are contingent.

• @Janus1:

but to assert that they are a logical assumption, you need to make another argument as to why. and because their truth value must be derived from experience, rather than definition (mennonite does not, by definition, mean “being of greater intelligence”), they are contingent.

webster:
    tongue-in-cheek
    Function: adjective
    : characterized by insincerity, irony, or whimsical exaggeration

• i know, im just playin around cause im in logic right now
    and we are doing categoricals, so im just having fun

• Ahh bust out the Venn diagram.

• If there are aliens, then what do they look like? :o

• they look like the chaps that hang around home despot looking for work. They come from the southern planet. They also are the one that say “welcome to M :o edonnas can i taq ju oder pwez”. :lol:

• Maybe they look like Michael Jackson?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m