"Tall Paul"s German units detailed and painted by the "WARMACHINE Team"

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,
    ––The German Luftwaffe just landed at home base. All I can say is Wow!
    ––The paintjobs on these aircraft are AWESOME! And the “Alpha” lettering that denote the aircraft types is so small it’s amazing it’s there! “LHoffman” must have the most powerful eyes and/or magnifying glasses around. In sumation,….an EXCELLENT JOB!
    ----I’ll try and put some new pics up soon.

“Tall Paul”

––I just realized that I didn’t post the individual close-up pics of the German Luftwaffe aircraft. Admitedly, these pics were taken before the decals were oversprayed with a dull-coat making them ‘vanish’.
    ––Anyway,…here they are, starting with the FW-190 Fighter. Notice the “F” decals denoting a Fighter.

Fighter German (FW-190)_Green Camo-01.jpg
    Fighter German (FW-190)_Green Camo-02.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are the close-ups of the German Fighter, Jet (ME-262). Notice the “J” denoting a Jet Fighter. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Fighter, Jet German (ME-262)_Green Camo-01.jpg
    Fighter, Jet German (ME-262)_Green Camo-02.jpg

• These look great Tall Paul….thanks for the close up…  Painted by Hoffman?  These pieces are very tiny I know the pictures are zoomed in so its hard too tell. Just handling them I was discouraged from painting.  The decals must have been a nightmare to do! but well worth it with these results.

• Customizer

jwo1984 & others,

@jwo1984:

These look great Tall Paul….
    ––Thanks, I’m glad you liked them.
    thanks for the close up….  
    Painted by Hoffman?  
    ––Yes,…He does GREAT work with the smallest of details!
    These pieces are very tiny I know the pictures are zoomed in so its hard too tell. Just handling them I was discouraged from painting.  The decals must have been a nightmare to do! but well worth it with these results.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here is a close-up pic of the Luftwaffe ME-110 Long-Range Fighter.
    Notice the “L” decals denoting Long-Range Fighter. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Fighter, Long Range German (ME-110)_green camo-01LH.jpg

• I’m running out of words here…but again simply awesome and the lettering and numbers on the fuselage is just captivating.  Those fw 190’s look as deadly as they flew.  Being a new fan of the “customization” thread this warmachine project is exciting to follow, and inspiring for game pieces.  Cant wait too see the afrika corps air units tall paul, and Russian winter schemes!!  thanks for sharing

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics of the German Luftwaffe Medium Bombers,….like the HE-111.
    Notice the “M” that denotes a Medium Bomber. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Medium German (HE-111)_green camo-01LH.jpg
    Bomber, Medium German (HE-111)_green camo-02LH.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s a pic of the DO-17 Medium Bomber in the German Green camo scheme. Notice the “M” decal which denotes a Medium Bomber. These were almost letterred with an “R” to make them Recon aircraft since they actually served in this capacity and there are so far there are already three (3) German Medium Bombers available; HE-111, JU-88, and the DO-17. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Medium German (Do-17)_green camo-01LH.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Hers a couple of close-up pics of the German JU-488 Heavy Bomber. Notice the “H” that denotes a Heavy Bomber. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Heavy German (JU-488)_green camo-01LH.jpg
    Bomber, Heavy German (JU-488)_green camo-02LH.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here are a couple of close-up pics of the German JU-87 Dive Bomber. Notice the “D” that denotes a Dive Bomber. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Dive German (JU-87)_green camo-01LH.jpg
    Bomber, Dive German (JU-87)_green camo-02LH.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics of my favorite German Luftwaffe aircraft done SO FAR,….the JU-52 Air Transport Notice the “T” that denotes an Air Transport. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Air Transport German (JU-52)_green camo-01LH.jpg
    Air Transport German (JU-52)_green camo-03LH.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And a ‘group shot’ of the German JU-52 Air Transports. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Air Transport German (JU-52)_green camo-02LH.jpg

• @Tall:

Guys,
    ––And here are a couple of close-up pics of the German JU-87 Dive Bomber. Notice the “D” that denotes a Dive Bomber. Enjoy!
    Tall Paul

They look great!  Do the different nose colours have any particular significance in terms of using the pieces?

• Customizer

CWO Marc & others,

@CWO:

**They look great!  
    ––Thanks, I’m glad you like them. It also helps me to know I’m doing something right when I get ‘good’ feedback like this.
    Do the different nose colors have any particular significance in terms of using the pieces?
    ––YES,…in two different ways;
    1.) My Air Transports are the ONLY aircraft that I allow to use WHITE ‘squadron colors’. IMHO the White color boldly emblazoned on the noses and wingtips set these aircraft apart and should notify/warn ALL players that these are aircraft with ‘SPECIAL’ capabilities (Paratroop Drops). I also believe that the White coloring sub-consiously makes a connection to their white parachutes.
    2.) Segregating all of my aircraft into squadrons of two to four aircraft that are all painted alike helps in many ways other than just cosmetically. It helps to designate where particular aircraft originated from or are assigned to in the game. For example, the Yellow-nosed Germans would be the “Abbeyville Boys” based in western France and the red-nosed Germans could be based in Norway, etc, etc.
    ----Some players might disagree with me 100% but that’s just fine. This system was designed to aid me and my fellow players and I totally respect any/all players personal opinions/preferences. All I can say is that this system works well for me, and I’m very happy with it. Thanks for the incisive question.

––Check out the ‘squadron’ colors of this Japanese KI-61.

Tall Paul

CC-Japan_KI61-01.jpg**

• @Tall:

My Air Transports are the ONLY aircraft that I allow to use WHITE ‘squadron colors’. IMHO the White color boldly emblazoned on the noses and wingtips set these aircraft apart and should notify/warn ALL players that these are aircraft with ‘SPECIAL’ capabilities (Paratroop Drops). I also believe that the White coloring sub-consiously makes a connection to their white parachutes.

Thanks for the answer.  The white colour-coding is definitely nice from an aesthetic point of view, but I’m wondering if it might have an unplanned down side from a gaming perspective.  To a ruthless opponent, the white colour-coding might well identify these aircraft as high-priority targets because if he can shoot them down on their outward trip he’ll not only eliminate the planes, he’ll also eliminate the airborne troops inside them before they have a chance to reach the ground.  Think of it as a well-advertised two-for-one special bonus deal.  :-D

• Customizer

CWO Marc and others,

@CWO:

@Tall:

My Air Transports are the ONLY aircraft that I allow to use WHITE ‘squadron colors’. IMHO the White color boldly emblazoned on the noses and wingtips set these aircraft apart and should notify/warn ALL players that these are aircraft with ‘SPECIAL’ capabilities (Paratroop Drops). I also believe that the White coloring sub-consiously makes a connection to their white parachutes.

Thanks for the answer.  The white colour-coding is definitely nice from an aesthetic point of view, but I’m wondering if it might have an unplanned down side from a gaming perspective.  To a ruthless opponent, the white colour-coding might well identify these aircraft as high-priority targets because if he can shoot them down on their outward trip he’ll not only eliminate the planes, he’ll also eliminate the airborne troops inside them before they have a chance to reach the ground.  Think of it as a well-advertised two-for-one special bonus deal.   :-D

––One of the MAIN reasons for marking the Air Transports with the bold White coloring is for the OPPONENT to be aware of the capabilities,…and for him to be able to make any offensive or defensive adjustments to his forces.

Tall Paul

• '14 '13

Oh, I could look at these all day. I really need to get back to painting my stuff.

• Customizer

jluna,

@jluna1273:

Oh, I could look at these all day.
    ––Glad you liked them
    I really need to get back to painting my stuff.
    ––I hope so!..as I really enjoy seeing YOUR NICE PAINTJOBS!

Tall Paul

• Customizer

@Tall:

jluna,

@jluna1273:

Oh, I could look at these all day.
    ––Glad you liked them
    I really need to get back to painting my stuff.
    ––I hope so!..as I really enjoy seeing YOUR NICE PAINTJOBS!

––Any new “beauties” to share?

Tall Paul

• @Tall-Paul amazing craftsmanship

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m