What are some clever bids for the Pacific board?

• Very dangerus bid, Japan should sink the tranny.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

If Japan doesn’t DOW J1, can the US NCM troops to Burma with the Brits when not at war or would they have to stay on the transport?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I thought the U.S. had to end it’s movement off of U.S. Territory?

• Not in the Pacific.  I routinely ship units to the SZ off of Queensland while the US is neutral.  You just can’t end movement in a SZ adjacent to (original?) Japanese held territory.

Persia is an interesting play there though.  I didn’t think about that- what turn could you get there?  Building a minor IC there as US could be game changing, but if its like turn 6 before you can build units than it may do more harm than good.

• '12

@BJCard:

Persia is an interesting play there though.  I didn’t think about that- what turn could you get there?  Building a minor IC there as US could be game changing, but if its like turn 6 before you can build units than it may do more harm than good.

You wouldn’t be able to NCM into it until US3, so it’s US5 when the first units get placed… but, since Persia is on the Europe board, if you aren’t at war on US2, you’d be forced to park off the coast of India in SZ39, so if Japan never does an early DoW, then it would be US6 by the time you could produce a unit.  It’s an interesting question if Japan would feel obligated to J1 in order to sink this ship, due to US restrictions it should be pretty safe for them to just ignore it.

• may want to try this in a future game, but most of my opponents attack J1 anyway.

We used to do this Persia manuever all the time.

But I thought the alpha rules forbade it?

• '12

@Gargantua:

Even if they did, nothing in the 2e rules prevents it.  You just have to be able to move freely in the Europe board which won’t happen until the US is at war.

• After Minor IC, whats the buy there?  Soo many things needed, but can only buy 3.  Tanks? Planes? Ships?

@Eggman:

@Gargantua:

Even if they did, nothing in the 2e rules prevents it.� You just have to be able to move freely in the Europe board which won’t happen until the US is at war.

Well EGGMAN it turns out you’re completely WRONG ;)

The 2e rules specifically prevent it.

Please see page #10.

http://www.axisandallies.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Axis-Allies-Europe-1940-Second-Edition.pdf

While it remains neutral, in addition to the normal restrictions (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15), the United States may end the movement of its sea units only in sea zones that are adjacent to US territories, with one exception: US warships (not transports) may also conduct long-range patrols into sea zone 102.

• '12

@Gargantua:

Well EGGMAN it turns out you’re completely WRONG ;)

Actually the shoe is on the other foot.  If you read my posts carefully I already discuss the fact that you need to be at war in Europe.

Your comment about the Alpha rules made it sound like there was something explicit about Persia you were concerned with.

Unless you are at war with Japan it cannot be done.

Because being at war on one board, vs being at war on another board have no relation to each other.

Hence why Russia can’t activate pro-allied neutrals, until at war in Europe.  Even if R1 they declare on Japan.

Hmm… in review, you -may- have a case (Looking through global rules), but unfortuantely, the scenario is completely implausible.

• '12

@Gargantua:

Unless you are at war with Japan it cannot be done.

Because being at war on one board, vs being at war on another board have no relation to each other.

Yes.  However, there is no restriction for the US or Russian players to keep all their starting units on a particular board until they are at war on both boards.  The US player is free to move Pacific units into the European theatre and vice-versa, however, they wouldn’t be able to do that without violating the European movement rules, which is why I said they would have to wait in India until they are at war in Europe.  Unlike the Russians, once attacked by Japan they can declare war on the Euro-axis, so as soon as they at at war with Japan they can DoW Germany or Italy and open up the NCM into Persia, which they will then be able to reach from India.

I’m not sure why you say this scenario is implausible.  Impractical might be a better word.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Japan will sink the transport either J1 or J2 next to Burma

• Maybe Not if it has ANZAC and/or Indian ships with it…

• Bid the Artillery Breakthrough for India?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m