• I’m starting to get into bids as I have figured out Axis strategies, Sea Lion, Barbarossa, & Calcutta Crush are my best. But I wanted to know, what the common uses are for allied bids? Any amount of money is fine if you use it and it balances the game out pretty well. Thanks!

• @tin-can-of-the-sea well, ill list off common units that are used for bid under the standard bidding rules. These are just the most common that I’d use (most others too) with the balanced mod rule set. If you’re playing the out of box game, bids can go up into the 50s and 60s so you can typically add some russian/chinese units to create a yunnan stack

British

• sub sz98
    • sub sz110/111
    • sub sz91
    • fig Scotland
    • fig malta
    • any ground units in Alexandria, Egypt and/or sudan
    • marine in India

• @windowwasher Cool thanks for the ideas! What exactly is the reasoning of the subs in the UK fleet around London? Also, does your bid change if you just played a theater game?

• @tin-can-of-the-sea said in Bids:

Also, does your bid change if you just played a theater game?

as in Europe/Pacific? probably does change I only play global

@tin-can-of-the-sea said in Bids:

What exactly is the reasoning of the subs in the UK fleet around London?

If you have subs in one or both, Germany has to be careful about attacking both since you could choose to scramble and have the sub fight, and then Germany would have a close fight in one of those battles.

Do you play using TripleA? If not you should get it and use it to look at the top league players’ games. Their strategies are interesting to look over, if you use ctrl+H you can look through the history of the game and see what they did in every situation.

• @windowwasher I’m getting my PC fixed but then I’ll have to download Triple A, thanks again for the advice. I just tested out bids by myself with allies at +30 on the Europe map. The difference was huge, they put a fighter in Scotland and a destroyer in the 110 fleet I believe-with the French cruiser. They also put a sub in the med for Taranto and a tank for Tobruk. The Axis definitely is limited in what they can do the first turn and they don’t have near total domination of the sea right away.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m