• You should try Risk 2210. It’s has more strategic options.

• Nice thread!! 5 pages of rants against Risk?  LMFAO!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

• Spot on with the comparison of Risk to “War” with face cards.  A&A is king for WW2 action and scenario specific, but my favorite conquest game is still Diplomacy.  You have to out-trick the other guys, not out roll them.  The only thing is that you better have a big crowd for it (and hopefully they don’t get mad easy  :lol:

• Haha, I love Risk, and Star Wars Risk.  :-D

• i normally don’t respond to posts that don’t offer something positive or interesting to discuss, but your thread caught my eye;

i hate to sound mean but……

stop playing and ranting about risk, duh

• critmonster:

your awesome! That post sums up exactly what i wanted to say but didnt!

• @Imperious:

Nice thread!! 5 pages of rants against Risk?  LMFAO!   :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

sadly, this is my most prolific post as far as i can recall.

as for critmonster - you might wish to check on the date of the original post before you rant about posts about risk.

• Im sorry you never played or own this then:

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/1794

This version is the “holy grail” of risk games. I own it and its “ottoman expansion”… they are both excellent games, turning the basic concept into an axis and allies style thing set with Napoleanic historical rules that are realistic…

• To be honest, I was compleately taken by risk when I first played it.  I’m not into it much anymore now that I have discovered AAA, but if it had not been for risk I would have never played AAA.

• Personally, I love Risk.

It brought me to Axis & Allies. :-D

• I can’t see what there is to so mad about regarding Risk…
    As long as your 3 or more players it can be a real fun game to play, theres not much thinking about strategies its all luck and everyone against whoever is on the stronger side.
    Don’t ever mistake Risk for being more than it is, its not strategic you don’t need to calculate much, its just Risk.
    I like it…

-Daniel

• @Malus:

I can’t see what there is to so mad about regarding Risk…
    As long as your 3 or more players it can be a real fun game to play, theres not much thinking about strategies its all luck and everyone against whoever is on the stronger side.
    Don’t ever mistake Risk for being more than it is, its not strategic you don’t need to calculate much, its just Risk.
    I like it…

-Daniel

Good point.  Risk is just a game of luck.  No strategy.  However it is still fun to play.  Call 3 or 4 friends over, order some pizza and buy some beer……and you got yourself a fun night.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m