• I’m wondering has anyone else played Risk Godstorm?

What do you think about it?

• This is a fun version of Risk. The set components are good quality and of acceptable detail. The gameplay is ‘typical’ Risk on the lines of Risk 2010 I’m told.

If memory serves you generate faith each turn based on territory control which you can use to summon one of four Gods providing different abilities to aid you in your conquest.

When two armies with Gods battle there must first be a Godswar where the opposing Gods battle before the mortal soldiers do.

Your dead armies go to the underworld where if they manage to control the altar spaces they can return to the main map via a controlled temple. You can build additional temples (you start with one?) and they provide bonuses.

There are also a couple of decks of cards that provide additional events and relics or something. Like one event destroys the continent of Atlantis and one can be used to thin out the Gods of an opponent who’s put more than one in a space.

There is also a bid each turn to determine who goes first.

Easy to learn, good pace, fun to play. Nice sweet spot below a Global Axis and Allies game for more than two players.

• '10

I enjoyed this game.  It was a great new take on RISK. frimmel gave all the good detials, just wanted to give it my two cents.

It is also a good SHORT GAME as it ends after 4-5 turns based on victory points rather than absolute conquest.

• What I like most about the game is the gameboard. The actual game did not fit my taste, the underworld and the threat of Atlantis sinking at any turn.

• @ABWorsham:

What I like most about the game is the gameboard. The actual game did not fit my taste, the underworld and the threat of Atlantis sinking at any turn.

We had two players consumed with the thought of Atlantis sinking. That was the game to them. It was funny with it happened, a player had put all his forces on the island.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m