• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@ABWorsham:

I had a friend who put the ring on during the game play, we laughed and made comments about the ring over powering him. He then could not get the ring off his hand. It had to be cut off his hand.

That’s the FUNNIEST thing I’ve heard in awhile LOLOLOL!

• @LHoffman:

What irony.

More like terrible orc/demon union worker quality….indestructible ring only to be cut off by lowly humans?  Sauron would NOT be happy…I’m sure the crafter of the ring probably found his way to the bottom of Mt. Doom.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

In the famous words of John Lennon: “Jewler you’ve failed!”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I never understood why Sauron didn’t just wear a mace gauntlet over his hand - so he could never lose his power.

What a dumb-a$s.

• Felloship prevails!  Ring got to Mt. Doom….it was glorious…it was a difficult game for both sides…helped that the allies were setup perfectly (and my starting hand was bada$s with two attrition battlion cards and add those two to my armies)…the elves even got to hold Udun for two turns (epic holding of the line, six after six after six rolled by the two elves).  Hoping to get to play this again sometime.

• The Mines of Moria was always a hot territory when we played.

• Do you think MiddleEarth back in the theaters this winter with The Hobbit will bring this Risk version back?

@ABWorsham:

Do you think MiddleEarth back in the theaters this winter with The Hobbit will bring this Risk version back?

Back in what way? Popularity or as a product?

If anything I would imagine they make a new one… though I think that unlikely.

• I’ve had this game for awhile, and we just started playing it again.  I was Mallery29’s good-guy partner in the games he’s talking about.

We play the Team Risk variant, which is a ridiculous amount of fun for all involved.  Good guys try to destroy the ring, bad guys try to find it.

I run the game at conventions sometimes, and I’ve never had an empty seat.  People love Lord Of The Rings and people love Risk.

• @robbie358:

People love Lord Of The Rings and people love Risk.

well said

• I always enjoyed the game.  I only played the second release with the expansion made into the game.  I don’t know about the first one.

If I recall the game ends when the ring gets to Mt Doom.  Then you count up the territories and the completed mission and declare a winner.

I also seem to recall the “build a huge stack and fight to an objective” being a frequent strategy.  I believe this was used to accomplish another mission.

I never played enough to just play straight up Risk but it seems it would be as good or better than the original game because of the territories connections.

I may play again during Christmas.

• @dinosaur:

I never played enough to just play straight up Risk but it seems it would be as good or better than the original game because of the territories connections.

My friends and I started playing LOTR 2nd Ed. Risk over Risk. The game is longer, but it’s a better product. I love how the board has ports, mountains barriers, mountain passes (Riverdale and Moria), strongholdsand leaders.

I may have to dust off my copy and play.

• Done in twice by the baddies rolling 12s for the ring.  The first time was on the 2nd player of the game!  But we kept playing the first one.  I admit we weren’t playing the most experienced players before, but it was nice to have a 7:1 ratio wipe out Morodor!  Second game was lost at Moria with rolling an 11 (Ldr plus 1)…it sucks because we were winning again, only to be defeated by that damn roll!  But I got to teach/re-teach LOTR to 4 people today, and 42.2 to 1 person…a very productive Christmas Eve duty day on board!  Oh yeah, I did paperwork earlier, so I didn’t completely slack off on the holiday.

• I’m glad you were able to find people to play with over there.  Team Risk is far superior to the OOB version.  Maybe they’ll come out with Hobbit Risk this year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone.

• It’s a bad weather day, a good time to get out the LOTR Risk.

The game went well. The yellow and green teams fought against one another early in the game for Gondor. The orce armies quickly captured Mordor, Mirkwood, Ruhr and Harad. The Dark armies won.

• Why are you fighting each other for Gondor?  One guy defends Helm’s Deep, while the other takes Gondor.  Ensure you can hold the Green and Red continents, and you will do fine unit wise.

• @Mallery29:

Why are you fighting each other for Gondor?  One guy defends Helm’s Deep, while the other takes Gondor.  Ensure you can hold the Green and Red continents, and you will do fine unit wise.

One of the players was 9 years old. Lol He quickly learned.

@Mallery29:

Why are you fighting each other for Gondor?

Yeah, that is a good way to lose fast.

• @LHoffman:

@Mallery29:

Why are you fighting each other for Gondor?Â

I think having the 9 year old made that happen!  :-D

Don’t worry, I had a coworker that teamed up with me but the other two guys told him to do the opposite of everything I said….while it wasn’t my fastest lost ever, I almost went to jail for murder.

@Mallery29:

@LHoffman:

@Mallery29:

Why are you fighting each other for Gondor?�

I think having the 9 year old made that happen!  :-D

Don’t worry, I had a coworker that teamed up with me but the other two guys told him to do the opposite of everything I said….while it wasn’t my fastest lost ever, I almost went to jail for murder.

Well, he is still young. Gotta make some mistakes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m