• I’m formally retiring from risk. Do not hang up my silver armies - scatter them to the gutters and the trash. In my last many dozen games, i have maybe won 2 or 3. No matter how much logic, strategy, or shear power of my mind that i have applied to each game, the results have been relatively equally dismal. Now let’s say that i had an I.Q. of 110, and my friends all had one of 130, surely i must have one more than 1/20 or so games by now no???
    Regardless. The game has become a futile exercise in tedium and i actually find acid/base equations more interesting than a game of risk. My PBEM Axis and Allies partners (allies) and foes alike must conceed that i have at least minimal strategic acumen. This is of absolutely no account in Risk. I have therefore come to recognise it as a game of simple dice rolling, whereby a game of “War” (the card game) has a similar requirement for such minimal use of the cerebral cortex.
    In short, I hate risk.
    Thank you.

• I agree completely. :D

• I always hated the “cards for armies” deal. Out of nowhere and presto! 40 armies !!!

• PBEM Axis and Allies partners (allies) and foes alike must conceed that i have at least minimal strategic acumen. This is of absolutely no account in Risk.

There is a little strategy in risk, but it’s mostly luck.

I hate risk too. :)

• I think I posted a forum with the same name

• yes, but that was YOU venting.
    this is ME venting.
    you see?
    completely different.
    :P

• mine was better because it had a poll :)

• It’s good for killing time.

• yeah, but so is masturbation, and you can do that alone AND in a group :)

(i crossed a line here somewhere, didn’t i . . . ).

• Risk is the best! Everyone that doesn’t like risk should die like cowards! :roll: Take that, New school rascals! :P

• @cystic:

yeah, but so is masturbation, and you can do that alone AND in a group :)

(i crossed a line here somewhere, didn’t i . . . ).

Hmm…where’s those moderators when you need them?

(Here yanny, yanny… :wink:)

• Pirate Attack! :P

• @Deviant:Scripter:

(Here yanni, yanni…. :wink:)

Its Yanny

• After playing A&AE, I don’t wanna play Risk anymore either.

The gameplay in Risk is too predictable. Go for Aussie or South America everytime. Player who gets stuck with lots of Euorpean countries gets smoked first.

But, if the game maker was to release a modified board that includes additional countries and dotted lines (like in Risk 2 on the PC), the game would be much better, but still 99% luck.

• Remember, CC and I are the Police, we moderate ourselves :)

• '19 Moderator

I think the only fundamental difference in Risk and A&AE is that A&AE has cooler looking pieces.

The only way to play risk is with alot off behind the back diplomacy and cross table trashtalking.

If played that way it is a great game.

• @dezrtfish:

I think the only fundamental difference in Risk and A&AE is that A&AE has cooler looking pieces.

The only way to play risk is with alot off behind the back diplomacy and cross table trashtalking.

If played that way it is a great game.

I agree, Risk is more about diplomacy and backstabbing people at the right times. I think the armies for cards thing unbalances the game badly though. Take away the cards, and the game is much more interesting.

• I can remember when i stopped playing risk… that was the tiem when they changed the max allowed number of dice for defenders to 2 from 3…

but hte reason was:
    they changed the text on the cards from "conquer … ", “destroy all … armies” to: “liberate …”, “liberate the world of the … armies”.
    Since then i could not play anymore: i mean, who wants to feel like someone like GWB, using cheap excuses for pure, nice and brutal imperialism ;) ?

• Try not to quit your day job over it.

• Try playing Risk drunk with five or six people, then it gets pretty interesting. Risk + Skyy Vodka = A great time!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m