To Scramble or not to Scramble Turn 1 Poll

• Thanks
    scramble.jpg

• Sponsor

I would scramble any amount into any situation if I felt that I could inflict considerable damage. Can’t say until I see all the details for each battle, so I tend to leave those decisions in the air (no pun intended).

• '16 '15 '10

I’d scramble 111 rather then 109.  This G opening seems to be staking alot on a 1 ss vrs 1 dd attack in 106.

Since the UK has a destroyer, then presumably any first round hits the defenders inflict could be on subs. And that doesn’t work in UK’s favor.

• The rest of G1 combat move is shown for your consideration.

Loki G1 Move.JPG

• I’d scramble in sz 111 because he’s obviously not sea lion focused.

With this open the German planes can’t get back to W. Germ and must land in holland, you could buy a carrier and attack and sink any Naval he builds or leaves in 112.

You can go heavy into sz 97 because his air other than the surviving sz 111 bombers can’t make it to the med g2 to attack you.

I like it for the allies.

–Jeff

• What did Germany build?

• No chance I’d scramble.

I’d trade the DD and TT in SZ106 in hopes the SZ109 DD survives (was it attacked?).  A surviving DD spells doom for those SS in 106 with SZ111 alive and kicking.

You’re going to want to hope that BB in SZ111 gets tipped, its another good target to counter.

Also, those aircraft in SZ106 have to land in Holland, and if not reinforced, give you a nice target to strike towards to cripple the German air superiority (germany buying aircraft early is BAD for their strategies).

• '17 '16 '13 '12

I would scramble 4 planes in 109 to achieve overwhelming local superiority

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Omega1759:

I would scramble 4 planes in 109 to achieve overwhelming local superiority

Missed numbers on the map, no scramble

• TripleA

scramble 1 into 111. It has no fodder units so it would be a 5v4 battle, most of the time you’d get a fighter kill and some of the times you would defend.

He ignored 110, so you can easily merge your med fleet off of gibraltar. Like a boss. grab n go with the infantry spam for london round 1 yo.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Cow:

scramble 1 into 111. It has no fodder units so it would be a 5v4 battle, most of the time you’d get a fighter kill and some of the times you would defend.

He ignored 110, so you can easily merge your med fleet off of gibraltar. Like a boss. grab n go with the infantry spam for london round 1 yo.

Merging fleet off Gibraltar saves Italy’s for a turn, right?

• TripleA

yeah you don’t do sz 97… if that is what you mean.

I don’t know if that “saves italy.”   Hitting 97 only kills a transport after all.

but that bship and cruiser from 110 makes the fleet tough for both italy and germany to sink.  8 uk naval defenders.
    ~
    Even if germany took southern france, italy would have only 25% to sink it (he can get the 2 fighters into the fight that is why). Otherwise it is a 2% attack for italy.

Yeah then france reinforces it with 3 naval. then germany would only be able to hit it with air, you come out with much more kills this way. Plus the whole sea lion threat is moot when you can merge off gibraltar.
    ~

It is why I hate ignoring sz 110 for my G1. Gibraltar merge is pimp with cruiser and bship on top to boot.

• Germany bought three tanks and three trucks

• Tank/mech build very Barbarossa.  In that case I would scramble to z111 and use the others to hit Taranto.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@loki17:

Germany bought three tanks and three trucks

Definitely scramble 111 then. I would buy 4 artillery and 7 infantry with Russia (needs to threaten a counterattack) and create a defense in Belarus (bringing some AAs with you). The tanks and mech are a very costly way to build for the Germans. Yes, they can use mech forces to outflank you, but it won’t be a decisive blow unless you don’t play properly.

• '12

@Cow:

It is why I hate ignoring sz 110 for my G1. Gibraltar merge is pimp with cruiser and bship on top to boot.

Doesn’t that just give a free pass of sorts to Italy?  They can wave goodbye to the Brits who are probably leaving to go deal with the Germans and use their nearly intact navy to get Cairo all the sooner.

• @Eqqman:

@Cow:

Doesn’t that just give a free pass of sorts to Italy?  They can wave goodbye to the Brits who are probably leaving to go deal with the Germans and use their nearly intact navy to get Cairo all the sooner.

Uk usually wont care about germany since he is not going sealion.  UK will easily stack 92 and be able to threaten the italian fleet where ever it goes.  (stacking 97 would be the best thing italy can do).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m